Perfect Effect Leonidas (Lio Convoy)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jun 20, 2014.

1. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I can report the same left elbow looseness, which is a shame. Still checking to see if anymore issues are present but the tail seems fine so far.

2. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    It's safe to say this figure is selling like hotcakes. I'll wait for the 2nd run.

3. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My next purchase next paycheck. Got Quirinus in bound and sigfrieds got issues at the moment.

4. BAD187

BAD187 Banned

Wow, despite his looks he sounds like a complete bummer. Something you put in display and never touch again cause something will break. By the sound of it it sounds like it's worse than appolyon.

5. lordelohim

lordelohim Deity

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    There have only been a small number of 2nd run figures that have had alterations or fixes, it isn't a normal practice. It devalues the customers willing to buy immediately, which would fund any second run. Second runs are shitty to first run investors, and so it doesn't really happen too much.

6. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    And PE has done it before with Warden, so what's your point?

And companies don't care, heck KFC used stronger joints in their V2 stacks and people kept buying their stuff including XTB.

7. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    It's the risk you take for being an early adopter (sometimes it's not always a good thing to get something early just so one can say "First!" on the Intertubez). Happens all the time with other products, not just transforming robot toys.

Agreed. Improvements are improvements. It may be shitty for early adopters, but that's how progress is made.

8. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Finally opened mine. Head and shoulders better than anyone else this year on aesthetics

Quality is the same or better than Warden.

I have no loose joints what-so-ever but plenty of FTs like joint squeaking

I manhandled the shit out of him especially trying to form the lion head the tabs were a little tricky and I was literally frustrated and tossing him on my table, no breaks. Mine is not nearly as fragile as commented on here.

It is absolutely beautiful, paint apps are all flawless you have to take him through his transformation to get the articulation and how he moves don't just leave him in botmode.

Downsides.... PE cannot get a decent ball-jointed robot head not here or Warden. Seriously? Diecast legs keep him totally solid on ground, in hand the weight will make them travel around while handling. Lionmode is so great looking but the front end is a little brick-like seems like the front legs could articulate a little better. But he is so pretty anyhow.

This is absolutely NOT a toy you just shelve he is super fun to mess with. Obviously if you have every weapon engaged it's a bit of an octopus.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  9. Pharoid

News Credits:
    You are correct second releases are improved all the time. It's often the point.

10. metalwar2010

Ebay:
    I just found out that using the lion's toes helps to support the arm up for arm stretch poses, if you have a loose elbow issue like I do. Obviously, this will only work if your toes have stiffness in them and you don't want to over load them with over sized weapons but it avoids having to dissect and put back together fix.

11. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    How can I tell which version of warden I have? What were the fixes?

12. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Leonidas is quite fragile, so apparently it's not made of the same quality material or molds as Warden was if Warden was that rock-solid. I'm quite disappointed that this figure is something that has to be handled with extreme care, basically posed once and left that way for risk of breaking something. It looks amazing but it's not at all the level of quality I would expect for a figure of this caliber.

13. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Warden was simpler or perhaps had better QC.

Mind you, second run may or may not mean mold changes, it could be the same product but the QC process is tightened or perhaps better material is used.

The QC fix for Summanus for example supposedly have remolded parts.

14. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Nope mine is not fragile. There must be some different experiences going on. Mine is at least as solid as Warden and I manhandled the crap out of him yesterday.

15. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Still no issues after a few days having him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Yeah not getting the "can't touch this" vibe from mine either. Granted I don't tend to throw these things around anyway but He's been fiddled with enough to know this isn't the same as Aranea at all.

What I do note is that the design philosophy is totally different between this toy and Warden. Where Warden was almost the epitome of heavily engineered joints and ratchets this hasn't taken the same route - the extensive use of ball-joints backs this up and with all the will in the world, they are usually a cheaper design option and aren't as durable on figures with bulk/die-cast.

Different designers?

If so I'm hoping they get Warden-Guy to work on Deathstalker.

17. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Completely agree. But I am so refreshed by Leondias. I love me some MPs but this guy is so far away from G1 the difference is nice.
    But this Thread is exactly like Soar's a few people grinding away relentlessly making the fandom think the figure is fragile and QC issue riddled and it's not. This guy is A-OK, priced well and if the odd chance you get a QC issue any decent retailer mentioned on this site will take care of you. Avoiding this guy based on user reviews here is a mistake, BUY IT!

18. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've gotta says that despite my previously detailed reservations (lion head ball joint, abdomen joint) this is a figure I simply cannot leave alone. He still hasn't graduated from my desk to my display shelf because I want to keep playing.

I'm not sure if fragile is the right word. Weapon mounting pegs aside, I'm not really worried about anything breaking. And the poses you can pull off are simply wonderful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Leo1.jpg
      Leo1.jpg
      File size:
      218.2 KB
      Views:
    • Leo2.jpg
      Leo2.jpg
      File size:
      253.6 KB
      Views:
    • Leo3.jpg
      Leo3.jpg
      File size:
      276.3 KB
      Views:
  19. metalwar2010

Ebay:
    Show off :p 

Great pics TCracker!!

20. madpanda

madpanda Well-Known Member

Been lurking in this thread for the past week, and had to chime in.
    I was concerned I might get a figure with issues, but mine arrived perfect.

This figure is great, PE constantly delivers for me.
    Things that I have noticed is that the shoulder joints on mine are tighter then I would care for, but not bad.
    The right arm on mine moves a bit more freely then the left, but has no problems with holding weapons and poses.
    I for one like the lion eye shield zoid esque thing going on, and my only compliant is that the eyeshield seems to secure onto the lion head a little lightly, and not as firm as I'd like it to.

The only other PE figures I have are the Superion upgrade kit and Guardian, and Leonidas blows them out of the water.

Kinda hard to compare Leonidas to 3rd party figures, to me he feels more like a Gundam Metal Build.

Also they provided 8 weapons on this guy, and he is able to load bear all of them at once. Great improvement when Warden/Guardian only really came with 1.5 weapons, the handgun it came with is a joke.

Buy this figure now, and hopfully you get a decent copy. For those of you that got bad copies, reach out to the retailer you bought it from or PE themselves and hopefully they take care of you.
    WITH any product you purchase, you run the risk of receiving a "lemon" and the figure or design may not have anything to do with it, and could just be a manufacturing issue. What defines a company in my eyes is if they will take care of their customers.

Oh and my Leonidas was pre-ordered day one with full payment upfront from The Chosen Prime (TCP). If some of you guys are scared to take the dive into 3rd party, give Brandon a chance and he'll take care of you.