Perfect Effect Leonidas (Lio Convoy)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Dio

Dio Scrapper

I am completely satisfied with my stock Warden. The upgrade kit is primarily aimed at fans who want better accuracy to the comic look in bot mode. The amount of partsforming in the stock figure is minimal enough to think of them like accessories being stowed, but the upgrade kit pushes that farther than I personally care for.

2. mysticbiscuit

mysticbiscuit Well-Known Member

I got the upgrade kit solely because I wanted the comic book accuracy. I don't think it makes him too crazy tall. I don't display him in alt mode anyways so parts forming doesn't bother me. It's all personal preference. If you haven't read the comics btw, I TOTALLY recommend you try out More Than Meets The Eye, it's what got me back into comics.

3. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Is there any updates on the date of availability?

4. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Yeah. I'd take that, too!

5. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    Yes, he's actually been shipped directly to your house. You must've missed him, the first release is the "invisible" variant.

6. delta7890

delta7890 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Herp derp.

For reals though, no updates. He should be shipping to retailers soon. I honestly wouldn't expect to have him in-hand until the end of August/early September. Frustrating to wait but we've got no choice but to be patient. :<

7. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Hahaha.

8. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The upgrade set is not a necessity. It is for those that want: 1) added height (via awkward leg extending), 2) Prefer a more comicbook/IDW look, or 3) Both. Other than this, Warden is absolutely fine without the upgrade set and gives him a more Cerebro-headmaster motif. If you haven't picked up on him (or Guardian), you're most definitely missing out on one of the best figures released for 2014 (and still gives many figures of today a run for their monies).

I'm still praying that the designer gawds at PE hear my plea and make a Fortress Maximus city-bot so Warden can Cerebros himself onto :D  :D 

9. BAD187

BAD187 Banned

This guy and ww sparktoys prime are 2 of the most beautifully crafted figures I've seen this far. They look like models and not actually transformers (being able to tf). Even if the transformations are easy looking and didn't require a lot of engineering to accomplish that feat (it doesn't have to be complex for the sake of complexity).

10. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    mine showed up and the idiot mailman put it right in front of the door and i (obviously) didn't see it and stepped on it, totally ruined now :cry 

11. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    RK will have him first and they are showing mid august, along with the Superion and Menasor upgrade kits.

12. edgecrusher

edgecrusher When yer featherin' it, brother TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm curious whether the front legs in alt mode are pose-able enough to do a pose with him doing a paw swipe at an enemy the way a lion would, or whether the front legs are not able to twist/rotate/articulate in the necessary manner.

I also wonder whether it can do a proper crouch or if it can only pose in standing and straight walking motions.

Just curious.

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The forelimbs are just the robot arms repositioned, so the articulation should not be a problem. Balance, on the other hand, may be trickier.

14. edgecrusher

edgecrusher When yer featherin' it, brother TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hopefully that's the case, but there are plenty of figures where articulation becomes inhibited when transformed due to certain transformed parts covering joints or preventing rotation of other parts. =)

15. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

Looking at him he should be MORE poseable in lion mode, since in robot mode the paw covers the elbow join

16. delta7890

News Credits:
    The lion paw only covers the back of the elbow in robot mode though, so I'm not sure sure why that would be an issue. :D 

As for the arm transformation itself, I think it'll be extremely simple. This image illustrates what I'm guessing will be involved:

[​IMG]

Just rotate the forearm along the joint marked with a cross. It looks like the individual lion toes on the front legs will be articulated according to shots like this:

[​IMG]

So basically I think both modes will end up being highly articulated. As for me, I'm curious to see if the lion's head has any ability to look around a little in beast mode.

17. GunplaGamer

GunplaGamer Swerve’s Best Customer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    CANT WAAAAIIITTTT...Just a few more weeks...

18. delta7890

News Credits:
    Just a heads up that Robot Kingdom expects to have Leonidas in a little over two weeks (the week of August 17th).

I'm told that RK tends to receive PE merchandise before everyone else, so expect other retailers to get theirs a little further down the road.

19. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Yeah because PE = RK. But RK ships very fast to other retailers as well i.e. other retailers would get theirs the following week usually.

20. GunplaGamer

GunplaGamer Swerve’s Best Customer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Noooooooooo T^T Dang it...I already fully preordered him from TFSource.