Perfect Effect Combiner Wars Menasor Upgrade Kit

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Mar 20, 2015.

1. joespags15

joespags15 Well-Known Member

I would like to know the same thing. It looks like the hips are lost and forward leg movement has to be done with MM's knee. If this is the case, I dropping this whole set and looking for Intimidator. There is just to much I am forgiving on this Menasor, but it has to at least keep the articulation.

2. durroth

durroth Maximal

It is as you suspect. Maximum range of movement is minimal, though given how stable the base menasor is, I would say that the maximum FUNCTIONAL range of movement is a bit improved. His ratcheted thighs are held entirely static by the codpiece, which pegs over where his legplates would peg over in the "official" transformation, and even if they weren't there's not alot of room for them.

3. joespags15

joespags15 Well-Known Member

So for those that have the Hasbro Menasor with the upgrade hands, feet and torso/head and FP Intimidator, what is the better Menasor? I realize Intimidator cost more, but is that extra cost worth it?

4. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    I like both for different reasons. Intinidator is badass but fidly and no fun at all to transform (actually hurts since the figures have sharp edges).

CW menasor looks good with some minor tweaks and the fp hands/feet and can be transformed quickly and easily without having to watch a damn video on youtube.

5. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

6. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Definitely.

7. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

For me with the pe hands and feet hasbro just blows fp away. More fun as a toy, less empty chest in combined mode, each bot is larger and more solid. Fp effort is my biggest collecting regret. But that is just my feelings on it.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed on everything except biggest collecting regret (for me that's Uranos)

Even if the combined mode doesn't look as good as FP's, the individual bots not being tiny, looking more like the characters, and the transformations not being a chore makes up for it

9. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

10. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    M3 absolutely wipes the floor with this set even upgraded in every single way aside from mayhaps ease of handling.

So yes, absolutely worth every cent, you get what you pay for and with FP's set you got so very much more.

But I still like my upgraded cw set a lot anyway and theirs probably at least two other menasors I'll be buying eventually too haha.

11. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

Looks like I'll be getting mine today.

M3 looks far more impressive as a display piece, no contest, but its not fun at all. If you want something that you can regularly take off the shelf and mess around with for a while, the CW Menasor is perfect for that.

12. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Intimidator is the armored form of Diesel. M3 is the combiner.

13. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would say maximum is quite good to be honest. You would need the pe feet to pull these poses off regardless.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. BLACKWAR

BLACKWAR Chaos Trinity Decepticon

PE hands and feet for CW menasor is a million times better than that trainwreck intimidator.

Okay, i'll be honest, when intimidator is combined together, he looks pretty good, and obviously more finished than your official Has/tak offering. This will never change. That said, Intimidator is a fucking BORE.

Each robot and even the combined mode is one big hassle. There is no real sword storage, the shins feel sort of pointless in regards to what wildrider and breakdown bring to the table. Moving from any modes, whether individual or combined or alt, ss a huge fucking chore, even if you get every step right in perfect succession. There is simply no fun here. FP's menasor also has some of the worst combiner kibble, as attached to Diesel, all it does is weigh him down. It ruins poseability, balance, you name it. If you don't care about this, fine, but I don't like a fake combiner that is made up of parts that materialize out of nothing since they aren't found on other modes.

I owned intimidator for a while, but never ever enjoyed him since I knew that Motormaster's robot mode was forever inhibited by all that combiner kibble. The combiner mode, even though it looks pretty nicely detailed and proportioned, seems to be drab and without any personality.

Now, CW Menasor has a lot of issues too, such as lacking the right amount of friction for leg joints, shoulder lock ins for gestalt mode, etc.
    I took the time to address all those issues with both glue in ball joints, PE upgrades, and double sided mounting tape on the feet, and now he is stable as ever. He has TONS of personality, and can do some amazing poses in all modes with the right upgrades. The simplicity of each bot also makes it a joy to go from all the different modes. This new upgrade just ruins everything if you ask me. If I were you, I would go with the CW Menasor with PE hands and feet upgrades, and look into the nonnef and renderform upgrades as well. Sounds like a lot of upgrades, but the total still pales to the combined cost of FP intimidator. Those PE upgrades can be nicely allocated between the 5 as you choose as well, and as vehicle weapons no less.

Finally, just so you know, I got rid of my intimidator even though it had 0 issues for the CW offering because, with the PE hands and feet, it looked better, was less of a hassle, and scratched that G1 itch so much more than the FP reimagining's.

15. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be great if you can just buy the head and sword extension.

16. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

next to Devastator...
    [​IMG]
    and the King...
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
  17. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

It's stupid you have to leave the legs so far apart. To me, this kit adds nothing except a filler for the back. So,on display for a normal pose he has to be posed like he's trying to take a really relaxed piss at a urinal.

The head is ok, but from a distance, it looks like he has 4 lips.

18. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'll go to bat for Intimidator. The figure is goddamn amazing and I think the complexity has been overblown over and over. But that's just me. The PE set robs this thing of articulation and proportionally it still looks shuper wierd and I just just like CW Menasor AT ALL.

19. Aurawind

Aurawind Lazy Headmaster

I just got this kit today and its pretty awesome! I just love the look it gives to Menasor! But yes, its not 100% perfect... The "A" stance is too wide for my tastes... So instead of complaining like a bunch of you guys are doing, I took matters in my own hands and fixed the problem myself.

All I did was cut the pegs on Motormaster's thighs and on the PE piece I cut out the part between the legs with a Dremel. Warning: Gotta have a steady hand and be careful with the Dremel, you don't want to cut anywhere else. You can cut even lower than I did if you want the legs to be able to be even closer together.

I do use Nonnef's Hip Ratchets, which helps to not have such a wide "A" stance.

The only problems I have with CW Menasor are the same problems I've had before the PE set, which are: Motormaster's knees aren't tight enough (tightening the screws don't help) and the combiner joints buckle depending on how I position Menasor (I think stronger springs would help with that). I have to fiddle with Menasor a little to balance him out while posing him, but again I've had that problem before the PE set.

If someone knows how to fix the two problems I have, please let me know :) 

Attached Files:

20. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

the wide-stance is the only thing that kind of bothers me.

I gave my Menasor Nonnef's replacement pelvic-ratchet joints, wondering if that'd help reduce the wide stance, or if it's because of the wideness of the pelvic piece of the addon.