Pennsylvania Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Maverick Hunter Christian, Jun 28, 2003.

1. BJAllen2880

BJAllen2880 Well-Known Member

Harrisburg Target (on Rt 22) had at least 3 Thunderwings as of Last Friday. Just didn't get a chance to post since then.

Hope he is still there when I go back on pay day!

2. Reigner

Reigner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dinobots are pretty much what you expect. A solid self contained set that will see little variation outside of it's inevitable repaint. I was going to say he's the best PCC so far....

But then I opened the Constructicons. Holy shit, this is the best of the line. To star off his Drones actually have hand, with thumbs!! The commander body is excellent, the robot mode is solid and the vehicle modes for him and the drones are pretty intimidating considering they're just construction vehicles. If you've been on the fence about PCCs you owe it to yourself to at least pick up this set.

My only gripe is the same gripe I've had with every 5pack so far, and thats with the connection tolerances of the PCC ports. Steamhammer has one arm that likes to pop off on a whim, whereas Grimstones is so tight that the joints the ports are on actually flop around while you're trying to connect the drones, making for a difficult time.

Both sets are awesome though and definately do a great job of showing how far they've come with engineering these is such a short ammout of time.

Though YMMV, depending on what exactly it is that you hate about PCCs.

Shipp Walmart should have one more of the Constructicons on the "holiday toy" section right accross the aisle from the main toy aisles. He's should be buried behind the sea of combaticons, rallybots, destrons, protectobots, etc etc.

3. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^Deja vu!

Bridgeville K-Mart still had 2 Mindsets but nothing else interesting and the TRU Express there didn't have anything of interest. I did find out from there that TRU has all 3.5" figures of MU, IM, GI Joe, Star Wars and Spider-Man for 2 for $10 this week, so that's nice. It was in the weekly ad but I hadn't seen it yet.

4. Tytus

Tytus Well-Known Member

Cranberry Township WalMart

Happened upon a display at my local WalMart that was quite separate from the rest of the toys, packed full of Terradives, Tomahawks, Electrostatic Jolts, Sidearm Sideswipes, Hailstorms, Tuner Skids, and Elita-1s. It also has a surprisingly large amount of BB Optimus Primes and Banzai-Trons.

None of these 'newer' releases were located in the regular Transformers section of the toy aisle.

Checking the Butler Kmart after work for Jazz and Tracks :d

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Hmmm they usually do have a display full of TFs for X-Mas.

6. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    Walmart - hilltown
    1 highbrow, 1 axor &
    3ea PCC grimstone & steamhammer
    All PCC's on tf endcap, pushed to rear of display.
    They don't price scan, so still not in system.
    Take old 5-pk with you to register; saves time.

7. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Walmart in Wilkes-Barre is the exact same way.

Anywho, checked out W-B Ross today, to see if I might have some luck finding a Redpage, but no go. All they had were a couple of NEST BB's, a Swerve, and I think that was it.

Marshall's had a few ROTF Skids, Mudflaps, Breakaways, Jolts, SS's, BB's, ICT's, Arcees, and at least one Thrust (Breakaway repaint, not Gens), and that was about it. I think that's the same stuff as the last time I was there.

TJ Maxx, nothing really at all, cept for a HA Barry, and two of the old HA BB's.

I hate this area lol.

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Color Edit Mode Advocate

Willow Street K-Mart in Lancaster has HFTD deluxes for $7.99. Not sure if Gens or ROTF deluxes ring up the same. Anyway, found plenty of Red Alerts, Darkmounts, and WFC Megatrons. Also found some Mindsets and Fallbacks. I was hoping to find Jazz and Tracks since I believe they're from the same assortment as the former, but came up with nothing. I'll be checking out the other K-Marts sometime tonight. If anyone finds an extra Jazz that they don't need, please send me a PM.

9. jru42287

News Credits:
    Hazleton Walmart finally stocked up with a couple new things. Had two Red Alerts and one Gens Soundwave when I was there tonight.

10. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I went to Oxford Valley Toys R Us tonight. During the consumer onslaught of the past weekend, I'd hoped the pegs would've been empty of the Wave 1 Everything scourge that festers the toy stores in my area and that a few days after the fact, the shelves would be restocked with lovely new wave 2, 3, or 4 figures.

Well... this sorta happened. A little. There were some almost new-ish figures on their shelves. A couple Darkmounts, WFC Soundwaves and even 1 or 2 Red Alerts, bless them. But behind those guys? Motherfuckers put ROTF figures back on the shelves. Multiples of Dirges and Tuner Mudflaps. Crap in a hat. That store is never gonna have new figures on the shelves now with frigging Tuner Mudflaps slumming the shelves again.

It wasn't a complete loss though. I looked to the animated figures and did a triple-take when I saw my first in-store-on-a-peg Animated Rodimus and took him home with me. But still... I've long since owned both versions of JP Animated Roddy, coupled with how long it took to find a domestic one on the shelves and add to it no Ironhide to accompany him and it still kinda felt like a slap in the mouth more than anything.

I do not heart toy availability in my area.

That TRU by some miracle happens to have one Human Alliance Barricade, which I can only imagine got there because some careless individual brought it into the store and accidentally left it there, rather than the figure being unpacked from a case that was shipped to that store in a truck. That's the only feasible theory I can come up with.

11. JevehPrime

JevehPrime Member

As of 15 minutes ago Kmart on Macarthur Road in whitehall has 2 Track and 2 Jazz left. I bought one of each. They also have Mindset and Fallback.

As of last night Target on Rte 248 has 2 Skulgrins left as well. Hope this help some of you guys out. Happy Hunting.

12. Tytus

Tytus Well-Known Member

And success! To my surprise the Butler Kmart did have the new stuff!
    2 Mindsets
    2 Turbo Tracks
    1 Fallback
    1 Jazz

I picked up the Jazz and a Tracks, but left the rest. They wouldn't ring up on the register, and the girl asked me how much they cost but I was honest about it :) 

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Color Edit Mode Advocate

Nevermind on the Jazz. Squall hooked me up with both a Jazz and Tracks.

14. Reigner

Reigner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now it'd be nice if South Central PA would catch up with the rest of you jerks! Still sitting on Wave 1 around here.

15. Megatronwp38

I feel your pain man! I live in Bristol and it's tough around here. I used to live in South Jersey and they are swelling with new stuff right now. Of course I can't make it down there until Friday, hopefully they will still have stuff when I can make it.

16. jru42287

News Credits:
    AT LAST a Red Rampage is mine. Had a friend pick up the one from Royersford for me. I called last night about it, and the clerk was extremely helpful. She personally kept an eye on it until my friend was able to pick it up today.

17. krieg

krieg Dinobot Wrangler

Which stores in South Jersey do you usually find stuff in? The OV area sucks for new stuff, I was amazed to see the new PCC dinobots in the Walmart expansion to Tullytown.

18. Mondochuk

Mondochuk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like Warrington Target restocked w/ the new Gen figures.
    They had more Thunderwings, Skillgrins, and Cliffjumpers last night.
    I believe they had a Dirge as well, but still no Blurr. He still eludes me confound it!

Also found the new Nerf Barricade, pretty cool gun, semi-auto revolver handgun.

19. Megatronwp38

They seem to be finding stuff in Deptford, Moorestown and Malton in the sightings section.

20. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Any sign of the RTS deluxes in the Philly/Media area? Crooked Man, you're usually my beacon!