Pennsylvania Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Maverick Hunter Christian, Jun 28, 2003.

1. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    TRU Johnstown has a lot of Animated Arcees and Cybertron Ratchets in stock...no sign of Rodimus or Ironhide.

Somerset Walmart has two Banzaitrons. They did have a Battle Blade Prime but, well....

2. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    The Toys R' Us in Lancaster, PA had two Masterpiece Grimlocks. I hid both. PM me if you want to know the location...otherwise, I'll restore them to the shelf the next time I go.

3. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

another day of searching for animated and yet another day of disappointment.

4. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Wilkes-Barre TRU has one MP Grimlock left. Someone finally bought that HA Barricade though.

Also, had two Animated Rodimus Minors.

Still no other new stuff.

5. Smarch

Smarch Decepticon

cottman ave tru was lame, nothing new/good, but the toys r us express on rosavelt blvd had wave 3 gen. one redalert and soundwave left. i got everyone else

6. The Crooked Man

The Crooked Man Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tons of HA Barricade, Leader Starscream, Mindwipes, Defender Primes, early HFTD Scouts at Toys R Us, Media.

7. Bucket Head

Bucket Head -*-

couple of things:

item: is the masterpiece grimlock worth having? I have the original masterpiece grimmy...i like it. is there enough of a difference to warrent buying the new one (assuming york tru ever gets them...more on that shortly)

item: Been looking behind the AT-ATs for weeks now. Keep finding more AT-ATs. got one. cool.

Item: called York TRU yesterday on the way home from another miserable day at work. asked about the MP Grimmy. woman put me on hold. while waiting, someone picked up and asked me what I was looking for. so told her, and she said she'd check, and put me on hold. while listening again to the gawdawful music, a third person picked up and asked, somewhat rudely, what I wanted. Told her. she replied with something to the effect of "oh, you again. you just called and asked about that earlier this week." which I had not. She said she'd check and whammo, back on hold. then the first person picked up, said she couldnt find one, and couldnt check to see if they were ever gonna get one, and hung up on me.

fun fun fun. so, this brings me back to the first item: is the TRU MP grimmy worth getting?

bucket

8. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Were is this Express Toyrus you speak of?

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

More wave three and no wave two? Why are they skipping wave 2!

10. Smarch

Smarch Decepticon

in the shopping center next to chuck e cheese. where tower music used to be

11. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    The Target in Lancaster had the new exclusive Iron Man 2 three packs with Whiplash, the Mark V, and a Drone...they must have just put them out, cause there wasn't any price tags. They also had the new Hall of Armors featuring the Mark I, Mark II, and Mark III. They didn't look any different, so I passed.

I took four of the three packs to the register (cause I'm army building the drones, 4 of each), and they didn't ring up. She asked me how much they were, and I kind of remember someone saying $12.99, so I said that that was what I thought. Got home and checked the Iron Man thread...$19.99. Guess that counts as a good haul! Also scored an additional Jungle Viper.

12. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Target in Plymouth Meeting has a HA Jazz and all of Wave 1 of Generations available for the taking. Some BB Primes as well. I didn't dig through the HFTD stuff, but it seemed like a bunch of that, too.

13. jru42287

News Credits:
    Oh, forgot to mention before, Wilkes-Barre Walmart also had some new Leaders and two HA Jazzs.

My brother also mentioned that Ollie's in Hazleton apparently has some kind of TF two-pack, but he couldn't really tell me what was in it. He said he thought one was a helicopter. The only think I can think of is Arcee and Tailwhip, but I thought that was a Target exclusive...

14. friendship pony

friendship pony death bringer

News Credits:
    yeah i was in hazleton and i got 3 mighty mug bumblebees they are 5.99 there and i also saw that 2 pack but i didnt care to see who they were. i was camping. ollie's "crap you don't need and no one wants. cheap"

15. friendship pony

friendship pony death bringer

News Credits:
    yeah i work right there and didnt even notice it. but i went in today and no more soundwave :-(

16. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    That's right I remember seeing it there. Might have to take a look tomorrow night. Hopefuly they will restock with a Grimlock or two.

17. jru42287

News Credits:
    Ah. I'll probably be up there at some point tomorrow, so maybe I'll check it out.

Also, someone was saying before that they found RPMs somewhere for $1? Was that at Dollar General? Family Dollar? Dollar Tree? I don't really care for most of the RPMs, but for a buck, that's about the same as a Matchbox, so I'll take it!

18. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dollar Tree.

They have all the horizontal bubble packaging Speed, Commander, and Combat series guys, plus the first three of the Metal Heroes Series (Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Jetfire), which prior to them showing up in Dollar Tree, were thought to be unreleased.

Some stores also have the original (vertical bubble) packaging style Speed, Commander, and Combat series figures, as well.

And, yep, for $1, you certainly can't go wrong.

MIKE
    engledogg

19. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Dollar Tree. I never thought the RPM were worth the retail either, but shit, at a buck, yea. They ($ Tree) should be carrying most of them. The ones I have picked up were Prime, Barricade, Megs, Jolt, Mixmaster, Long Haul, Sideways and Sideswipe. BB('10 Camaro) was also available but, I snagged the '77 that came with the 2 packs when Target clearanced them out for about two fiddy.

EDIT: ^Damn, beaten to the punch while I was posting this. Ah well...

20. DoctorKent

DoctorKent Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The store requests (this could be automated in their stock system) a shipment of a certain SKU from the warehouse and whatever is in stock at the time in the warehouse is what they get. For the SKU of Generations, the warehouse might have all three waves at the same time, and by random luck of the draw, the local TRU orders six cases of Generations and gets all wave one, while the TRU ten minutes south has a mix of waves 1 and 3 where the Jersey posters are only finding wave 2.

There is no intentional skip. It is just a reality of how the product is distributed.

John K.