Pennsylvania Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Maverick Hunter Christian, Jun 28, 2003.

1. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Purple dude is Machine Man, yellow is Sentry, and the lady is Carol Danvers: Captain Marvel.

2. galvacron

galvacron Well-Known Member

Pottstown target is in the middle of its reset they got the new dino charge toys and some RiD stuff. The reset looks promising.

3. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because Hasbro can't make a good decision these days if it was presented to them in big bold faced letters. They can't keep the shelves stocked, they can't create good case assortments, make stupid decisions about what they feel will sell (one step changers, 5 point articulation, ect) and they make piss poor character decisions while repeating the SAME characters in every line (spider man, iron man, captain america).

4. Mondochuk

Mondochuk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa, now hold on a second... That actually sounds dead on 100% accurate. Haha

5. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Legacy Dragon dagger is indeed pretty awesome. Friend of mine just picked up Saba today in Illinois, and he said he's fantastic as well.

Same problem for me. There's a couple from Captain America and Spider-Man that I still don't know who they are.

6. SolidGreg

SolidGreg Predacon

Nothing at Chambersburg Walmart.

7. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Amen.

I'm sure they're going to screw up the avengers movie figures.. They SHOULD make six inch movie versions of iron man, captain america, Thor, hawk eye, black widow, hulk, hulkbuster iron man, ultron, an ultron drone, vision, scarlet witch, quicksilver, and thanos.. But they won't, they'll release a couple of them, then a bunch of comic versions of stuff.

They really know how to miss the mark with these movie lines.. And when they do a good job, like with the Thor 2 figures.. They only make one wave and retailers don't have much interest because they're still sitting on Thor 1 wave 1 and 2 figures.

I wish I was rich.. That way I wouldn't even bother with hasbro.. I'd buy from takara for transformers, sideshow for Star Wars, hot toys for marvel.. And neca/other Japanese companies for other stuff.

8. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Like I said before, you are in the wrong hobby. That amount of negativity over EVERYTHING Hasbro does just isn't healthy. Also honestly, the Hasbro-bashing in every thread you go to gets old fast.
    Try stamps. They just came out with some really cool Batman ones.

Chambersburg Target yesterday has they same stuff they've had for weeks. I just stopped for a few other things and decided to check out the toy section so I may have something to report, but it still sucks.
    Now excuse my while I go enjoy my internet purchases.

9. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

What I read some places says that it's the retailers, not Hasbro that determines/demands case assortments (like tons of Bumblebee), and that Hasbro also has no control over which waves are stocked/shipped. I think the fandom can be too harsh sometimes.

Anyway.

10. Zildjian

News Credits:
    May be negative, but it is the 100% truth. Some of their new "decision' makers are steering the company in a very bad direction. Also, I am not bashing them, as I am an educated and smart consumer, I buy what I like, not what a company thinks, or tells me, I should like. Their market research department is flawed as demonstrated by one-step changers, 5 POA figures, and multiples of the same character in multiple waves. There is a reason that the more complex, or better detailed/articulated figures/toys are all but sold out everywhere you go.... while the 5 POA and the like are clogging shelves. Poor decision making and poor understanding of the marketplace.

Not true at all. They can make requests, but Hasbro (and every other company) derives their own case assortments and character lineups. For example, in just about EVERY other toy line geared to buys you see "evil" or bad guy characters made in near equal ratios to good guys.... not with Hasbro. They have a mentality that bad guys "don't sell". This was said DIRECTLY by a hasbro executive at a NYTF years ago....

11. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    The company I work for makes and distributes food items, and it's the customer that sets the pace as to what is made and shipped. Our company may develop an item and market it, but it is the customer that orders the quantites. We can't tell them what to order, so maybe it's different in other industries.

12. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Can I second Yaujta's sentiment on the negativity. This isn't pointed at you Zildjian because I rarely see you post any negativity. But I can't understand people that pretty much every post is a "This toy sucks", "Can't wait to see Hasbro mess this up", "Can't wait to return this toy". I get that people can have and can give opinions. I don't ever want to restrain or imply that you must restrain yourself, But when every post is that way, then yeah, find a new hobby. A hobby is not meant to be like that.

[/Soapbox]

13. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Anyway

Have we seen CW Voyagers in western PA yet? I didn't think so but can't remember.

14. pWEN

pWEN Formerly BugsNBots

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thanks! I smacked my forehead when I read Captain Marvel; I did know that one, but massive brainfart. I'll be picking her up, she looks great. Hope she's not the Rocket Raccoon of the bunch.

They've already made an Ultron figure before, so we can at least hope to get a re-release of that. Someone on Twitter earlier posted a screenshot of the new Legends (I think) Iron Man box that says something about being compatible with a Hulkbuster figure. Also, I would love a Thanos figure! I know there's that old Legends one, but buying older Legends figures can be as lucrative as MISB G1 Transformers... Looking at you, red Deadpool.

:lol 

I actually would like some Batman stamps.

I've heard that as well. This is one of those things that I think Hasbro (and many other companies) is criticized on constantly, and may be worth it to everyone involved if they would shed some light on what actually goes on. Maybe they have somewhere and no one paid attention, I dunno.

I've always felt that "ugly" characters don't sell, regardless of allegiance. A Penguin, for example, would shelfwarm much more than a Two-Face, who in turn would shelfwarm more than a Joker. Just a thought, though.

15. DoctorKent

DoctorKent Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It actually has to do with what they can use as a trademark for those characters.

John K.
    (Owner of ROBO FORCE, including ROBO FORCE'S SENTINEL THE GUARDIAN, MAXX ZERO (TM), and HUN-DRED ®)

16. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :p 

You're welcome!

As far as Hasbro goes I'm a pretty big homer so they don't get much criticism from me. Homer in the sense that I just like a good toy and am willing to give pretty much anything a shot.

Honestly the AOE Power Battlers are some of my favorite figures from the past year. Being able to get them for $5 @ Five Below doesn't hurt, but still...

That Galvatron is AWESOME. Gun chest gimmick rules!

I put lack of stock and poor distribution mostly on the buyers for these chains if anything. Hasbro has merchandising reps that service all of them so if you see one don't be afraid to ask questions.

They might be able to provide a little more insight.

17. ironhide1

ironhide1 Autobot

Agreed!

I haven't seen nothing. I couldn't stand the wait so I ordered from HTS. Should be here tomorrow, I can't wait! (excited!!!!):mail 

18. galien

galien Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a Thanos figure coming with Agents Coulson and Hill.

Attached Files:

19. pWEN

pWEN Formerly BugsNBots

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Actually, I have talked to a distribution rep in the past. Ran into her at a Target back when I lived in Phoenix. Things were going through a very long dry spell, several months in a highly populated area with nothing moving or new coming in. This was when FoC Bruticus was first hitting the shelves. It's been a couple years, but I remember her saying something about how they only deliver what the stores put in orders for. She seemed surprise at the distribution issues I related, despite my having frequented many of the stores she delivered to. I guess it's a matter of perspective in most cases, but she did clear up some things.

Awesome!

20. Zildjian

News Credits:
    Actually that Thanos is the build a figure for 6" Avengers wave 3