Peaugh Reviews: TFPrime Voyager OPTIMUS PRIME

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, Nov 13, 2011.

1. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn't that kinda up to you?

Watch the video reviews of each and decide

2. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he's ok but i want a L-class one

3. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    The rubber sword kind of ruins it for me. :(  Now I'm not so keen on getting Prime...

4. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There will inevitably be a Shapeways replacement sword

5. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Hey Peaugh, any idea when you'll get more figures or do we have to wait for the main line?

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm going to try scratch building my own sword out of pla-plate, which only costs a few bucks a sheet. The soft plastic sword does suck, but I'll look at it as an opportunity to experiment. In the meantime, OP can just hold his gun, which looks great.

7. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Hmmm... Other than some adjusted proportions, I don't see many differences between the 2 figures... And other than some minor kibble on the forearms, the deluxe doesn't have any, the backpack is compact and flat against his back. I haven't seen much of the show yet though, but going by the Prime picture on the packaging, I think the deluxe is easily recognizable as Prime Prime. No?

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I don't really mind the sword and smokestacks, but it would be cool if a third-party company made replacements.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The proportions are a big enough difference already.

Again, it's a pretty big difference. The Deluxe has the entire grill and bumper on the arms in addition to the hood.

The Voyager looks like it was made to the exact proportions of the TV show. Compared to it the Deluxe doesn't look like anyone.

10. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say the Deluxe version doesn't look like "anyone." The Deluxe looks like Prime Prime (heh) to me, but the Voyager's proportions are so good, it looks like it stepped right out of the TV show. By comparison, the Deluxe looks kind of like one of those G1 figures like Megatron where you kind of go, "Okay, I think I see what they were going for, but it looks kind of different from the cartoon."

11. Shockblaster

Shockblaster Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review, the soft sword is a little disappointing, but it doesn't really matter. Will definitely be getting him once he is released on retail.

12. tigerhawk16

tigerhawk16 Transmetal

Ebay:
    Hey guys will there possibly be a way to buy extra swords and guns I really wanna have a set of both for my prime when I get one.

13. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My order for Optimus & Bulkhead just left Hong Kong today!!! Here's hoping for a speedy delivery over the ocean to the US!!!

14. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Ya know, I need to see some Ttomy shots of the toy to be certian of skipping the Hasbro one just to get shiny plastic paint apps. Eh, it'll be slightly more expensive, but it'll be worth it for the sake of show accuracy. Dull plastic just dont cut it.

15. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I snagged the gun from one of my extras for my Prime, I'll be giving away a double-sword version in the next few days!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  16. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

You know with deluxe vs voyager you really expect a more invloved transformation with the voyager or more to the point a larger figure. Anyone remember cybertron starscream? We got the leader sized version of this toy and only thru an exclusive at TRU did we see a voyager (Japan got both). Anyhow the leader was a straight up blow up of the voager figure with one new added detail (that the voyager should have had); rotating chest guns. Leader cybertron starscream was very underwhelming. So with the prime figures we might be getting the same thing. When I look at deluxe prime the one glaring thing is the better paint apps on the deluxe over the voyager and the obvious FAT hinge joints on the voyager alt mode over the supper clean alt mode on the deluxe. The robots are about the same ... with slightly better proportions on the voyager robot.

I was really hoping for something different in the voyager toy like a better way to store the weapons in alt mode and such.

Look at movie Battle Blades Prime...a voyager toy that has everything you could want in a prime toy right down to the matrix of leadership. and then look at the deluxe version of that toy out in DOTM...that makes sense. I think the toy designers need to look at the work done in the HFTD sub-line of the film toys and start learning to live up to those expectations. But then again maybe they did with the Deluxe Prime for the Prime cartoon. So my buy will be for the Deluxe toy.

17. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Peaugh! How do we participate in your giveaway?

18. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Been looking forward to this review, but have to admit that I'm disappointed overall with how the figure turned out. Obviously it DESTROYS the shitty Deluxe version mold & proportion wise, but it's still not as accurate as I hoped. Particularly the front wheels. In the show they sit horizontally flush against the back, but here they under up between his arms. Though, to be fair, the designers did manage to pull it off well enough. But the floppy smoke stacks and sword - absolutely awful. And that so-called weapon storage in alt mode is just all sorts of weak imo.

I'll definitely buy one for my Prime vs Megatron display, but unless there's a V2 version of this like CJ & BB are getting or Takara roll out a bunch of better paint jobs, I don't think I'm sold (yet) on collecting this line.

19. Scypris

Scypris Fire in another hole!

News Credits:
    hahah the 2-1 robot to viechle sticker is upside down..:lolol 

20. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I kind of see what you mean about the figure being basically an over sized deluxe, though for me, it'll be the Voyager all the way. I'm actually really sad that from the front he looks so blocky and undefined, I suppose that's the word I'm looking for anyway. The panels that the smokestacks are on just really look like the detract from the more muscular/ defined look of the animation mode, but that might just be because of the way the video might have been shot. No offense to you peaugh! It just probably looks better in person.