Peaugh Reviews: TFPrime Voyager OPTIMUS PRIME

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, Nov 13, 2011.

1. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    cool review, Peaugh. picking this toy up no question. thanks! :) 

2. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

I agree completely!

Now a Leader class would be even better, but I only want the voyager.

It looks great to me!

Thanks Peaugh!

3. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    *sigh* What does Hasbro have against making a OP that doesn't have fake windows?!

4. tigerhawk16

tigerhawk16 Transmetal

Ebay:
    I dont know why anyone would be so negative about this figure its awesome the sculpt is great and I think its a total win I wouldnt touch the deluxe

5. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    so disappointed about the fake chest. I'll pick it up, but only because I want to have the whole cast in scale, usually I refuse to pick up figures that cheat like this. Also, alt mode is incredibly boring, wish it were something really badass looking.

hoping someone casts the smoke stacks and sword (maybe flip the blade around while doing it) in hard plastic, so we can get rid of that crap flimsy rubber.

6. tigerhawk16

tigerhawk16 Transmetal

Ebay:
    I think the biggest issue for me is that it only comes with one gun and sword it looks sick when you have either of the 2 pairs. I do agree that the alt mode is a bit on the plain side but I think the robot mode makes up for it completely

7. tigerhawk16

tigerhawk16 Transmetal

Ebay:
    whats the big deal about he chest??? I think it looks cool and many of the past and present primes have that so I think its not as big a deal ans many make it out to be...plus when the chest is the front end of the truck I believe as a designer and sculptor you looks allot of flexibility in the design and can end up with a blocky and cunky design so trust me its far better this way. plus look at the movie figures their "fake chests""

8. Lucid Dreamer

Lucid Dreamer Oneironaut

This! I too think that it would've looked odd, if the tried. Let's see, how much the desired Leader class figure fails in this aspect.
    To sum it up:
    Cons:
    (- Fake chest)
    - Rubberrrrrr!!! -.-
    - Epic paint fail
    Pros:
    (- Fake chest)
    - Incredibly good looking silouhette whise and show accurate
    - Comes with both weapons even though the sword is miserable

9. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

The legs transformation being the same as the deluxe's was surprising, but it doesn't detract from the figures awesomeness. This one also blows the deluxe way out of the water, will pick this up when I get the chance. Great review as always Peaugh :thumb 

10. mogel94

mogel94 Well-Known Member

So glad I'm not picking up the deluxe, other than that sword Voyager Prime looks fantastic!

But I'm way more excited for the Bulkhead review :D 

11. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    interesting reading this thread... I couldn't care less if the transformation was almost the same. The outcome is substantially better.

I refused to buy these when I saw them at Botcon..but man... after the last few episodes and how these look...

12. Lucid Dreamer

Lucid Dreamer Oneironaut

Hasbro's "TV-series + toyline" strategie wOOORks! ^^

13. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

I think reviewing Kamen Rider so much has desensitized you to appreciating Transformers. This is an excellent figure, despite the safety concessions. I don't quite understand your ambivalence.

14. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

I disagree. The "fake chest" is done to preserve the (show accurate) robot mode. I find it clever and much better than wearing a truck half on my chest... Its tough for the designers to give us these cheap toys made of plastic...

15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Who cares about the fake boobs? It's still accurate.

Thanks Peaugh, for saving me 20 bucks, because I officially am passing on the deluxe 2-pack now. (unless Hasbro makes a cool repaint of that mold). I still think it's hilarious that the truck doesn't have sideview mirrors, but the bot mode does.

16. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    All the time I was watching in amazement, while you sounded so disappointed in the figure! I just want this figure more and more now. The deluxe isn't a bad toy at all, but this one puts it to shame while stealing everything it did well.

I'm going to give the contest a shot too, in case these figures don't arrive in Chile (unless it's US only, of course).

17. kaseycuyler

kaseycuyler Maximal

Idk if anyone has said it or not but I think this would be better if someone could re-create that sword on Shapeways in hard plastic. That would be awesome

18. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Suh-weet! :D  Can't wait to get my hands on that bad-boy.

Bring on the Bulkhead review!

19. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Okay, guys, let me clarify here. I'm not being negative on the figure. I sound a little down just because I was kind of tired while reviewing it. And yes, I'm a little disappointed that the transformation is so similar to the deluxe. The transformation and process of how the alt mode becomes the robot is a lot of what I enjoy about TFs. So when It turned out to be almost the same as the smaller toy I'd been playing with for a few months and there wasn't whole lot of "new" to the transformation, yes, I was a little let down. And I mentioned that, because it's my video and my opinion.

BUT!

As I said at the wrap-up at the end of the video, due to the size and the extra detail and overall aesthtic, the voyager is clearly the superior figure. Despite not bringing a ton of originality to the change process, he LOOKS and plays a LOT better than the deluxe, and is definitely the one you want to buy. It's a bit of a shame since I think the deluxe Megatron is also a pretty great toy and the only way to get him is with the deluxe Optimus, that a lot of people aren't going to want since the voyager is better.

So yes, I'm a little let down that the transformation is the same, but make no mistake, I like voyager Prime and definitely consider him to be the better of the two Primes in the line so far.

20. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I know, right!? These Primes, G2 Laser Prime, Power Master Prime, G2 Hero Prime...

Every now and then they throw us an exception like G1 Prime, the other mode of Power Master Prime, Energon Prime, Energon deluxe Prime, Masterpiece Prime, Masterpiece Prime again, Leader movie Prime, Leader movie Prime again, Ultimate Movie Prime, BBOP voyager Prime, DotM deluxe Prime, Hybrid style Convoy, Classics Prime, Deluxe Classics Prime, Legends Classics Prime, Robot Masters Prime, Animated Prime, Deluxe Animated Prime, the other deluxe Animated Prime, Supreme Animated Prime, RTS G2 Prime, Animated Legends Prime...

But come on!