Peaugh Reviews: DOTM Deluxe JOLT

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I like the mold, and but the colors are iffy...might grow on me. If not, I'll whip out the blue paint.

If anything, I'll see if recoloring it can get rid of that evil-face torso. IT STARES INTO MY SOUL.

2. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gurren Lagann inspired chest it seems. Not bad looking, but I hate the hands.

3. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    really like the look of him other than the paint scheme. too bad the shoulders and neck piece don't lock in anywhere

4. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    Poo. I think I would have got him if he could have done some cool "I'm a gonna grab you!" poses.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

This figure impresses and frustrates me in equal measure. Firstly, I love the new mold itself. It is a FAR better representation of movie Jolt than we got for RotF. That said, all the good work is practically ruined by the pale, non-screen accurate deco and weird evil face in his chest which will undoubtedly eat me when I fall asleep.

Overall, this figure is a definitely case of 'if only'... :( 

6. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Ooh, I just noticed that those windows at the feet are design too look like tyres. Nice work - very accurate. All it needs in an accurate paint scheme.

Thanks for the review you lucky bugger ^_^

7. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    can't... unsee... DEMON CROTCH
    If only this were blue like it should be. Or at least lacked those Allspark Blue designs on the windows.

8. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bout the only thing I've seen on this figure that I like is the inverted chest transformation & the whip clips on the arms...

9. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    hasbro finaly succeded in creating a movie character without a backpack

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I honestly really like this figure, though I plan on renaming him something like "Crosswise". I think the guys over at Seibertron got the chest transformation correct (pointed downward like this).

Honestly, he doesn't look bland, and he appears to have pleanty of paint-apps on him. Only paint I might add to him, is a little bit of black paint on the Mechtech ports on his roof.

I'm already looking forward to seeing how Hasbro chooses to repaint this figure.

11. herugrim

herugrim N/A

Ebay:
    Just picked up this guy. Had a mother of a time transforming him back to vehicle mode (robot mode went fine, but getting the front end back in place was tough because I had it slightly mistransformed. There are two 'arms' under the hood that must wrap around a 'pipe' for them to come into shape).

I love both modes. Kinda wish for a classic style face so I could display him with the rest of my collection, but he looks great with other movie formers. Love all the transparent plastic and the truly inventive transformation mechanics. Also glad he isn't blue. Would've looked too much like Topspin and Que.

The silver and black is very nice. Also really liking the texture on the top of his vehicle mode. Really and underrated figure.