PE Leonidas - anyone know where to find parts?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by MalenkoMC, Feb 1, 2017.

1. MalenkoMC

MalenkoMC Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I got ahold of a Leonidas on the cheap and he was pretty banged up and had some broken/missing pieces. I've tried contacting PE through FB and a few of the retailers that sell the bot have tried contacting PE for me, but apparently PE does not have spare parts, is what I am being told.

That said. has anyone had one of these take a dive and it was beyond repair? I've got some pieces I'd like to buy off of you if possible.

Otherwise, does ANYONE know where I can get replacement parts for this thing?

Mods: Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, I'm new here and didn't see anything about "fixing" or "repairing" bots. So I went to most likely place.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  2. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Right here:
    Neoart Toys KO PE - LEONIDAS White Version

3. MalenkoMC

MalenkoMC Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Is it the same size? I'm still not keen on spending another more money I already spent just to get pieces off of another bot...

4. crasher

crasher Well-Known Member

i like PE but they are so damn expensive. i got the black version in my cart ... just waiting for a review before i buy it. i might even get the purple version they are close to half the price of the original.

5. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Yep... heard they might be better than the original.
    Put all three in my cart... Couldn't resist. Sell your original for $50 or so and you spend a little to get a new one.

6. MalenkoMC

MalenkoMC Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Do they still have the die cast parts or are they all plastic? Someone on reddit mentioned these as well, but I'm not sure I want to drop another $80+ on a bot just for parts. Selling mine might be an option, but I'd hate to lose $100+ on it if I can get the parts for cheaper.

7. MalenkoMC

MalenkoMC Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Xerxes wasn't even on my mind. I'm not too sure I like the color scheme. Leo is Prime, so that's why I bought him (plus I got him for cheap, didn't really know just HOW broken he was though). Never been a fan of Nemesis Prime either. That said, the KO versions might make my list...

8. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There were materials quality issues with the Leonidas figures. A few people even had parts on theirs come broken from the factory. It's going to be hit or miss if you just buy another one. Perhaps PE has a customer service contact for spare parts requests?

9. MalenkoMC

MalenkoMC Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I've asked a couple of vendors to see if they could contact PE for me about parts. Apparently PE says they don't have spares, that or the vendors couldn't get ahold of them either, so they just told me what they thought I needed to hear?

I've heard too many stories about these being broken or falling and being destroyed. I was hoping to find some of the people of these stories on here that might be willing to sell the pieces I needed. Sounds like I may have found another dead end... :( 

10. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

I would think they would be die cast. Most higher priced KOs aim to beat the original (just as Seekers have been done by YM and BBQ)... I think these are hitting this Spring (Soft date). I would ask your vendor when they would know. My vendor is TF-direct. You can secure your pre-order with a small deposit there.

Yes, sucks but 3rd party customs are released in small qty run for the most part. If PE or your vendor isn't able to sent parts anymore then you are out of luck.

Kind of like trying to keep an old computer or car up an running when the mfr isn't making the parts anymore. It is either second hand or salvage or nothing.

Luckily in this case there is the second run from another maker using the original design. If you sell your old one for parts etc, then it is just money off the cost of a lower priced (and possible
    better) new one.

Neoart Toys KO PE - LEONIDAS White Version

Rule of thumb is NOTHING lasts forever.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017