1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

PE DX06B Nemesis Gorira

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dangard Ace, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Paleopyro

Paleopyro Member

Ebay:
    PE needs to offer an alternate heads add -on for this mold. So many people want a Megatron face for PE-DX06, and I feel a mighty need for this black mold with an exposed mouth. I’d also like to have a gorilla head with a face that doesn’t look like he’s going to murder me, but I’m trying to keep my expectations realistic...

2. Nemisispath

Nemisispath Needs a new username

Looks great.  Feels like there should be a bit more white, though.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    I really wish Hasbro would do another release of the Optimal in black with a head style like this for the bigger mode. For the throne set, it did need the open mouthplate, but one without the throne should have the primal mouth plate closed style.

4. Trip

Trip Prudentia Fortitudo Temperantia Iustitia

I'm all over this one. I passed on the first two color variants of this mold, but assuming they fixed the hip and waist issues I've seen on reviews for this I'm definitely going to have to snag it for my primal collection

5. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Say what? Why are you even bothering citing the hasbro version when the Takara version is identical and available for nearly $100 less than nemesis gorira, which pretty much invalidates your comment

Bbts:
    Throne of primes, $90
    Transformers Power of the Primes PP-43 Throne of The Primes Optimus Primal

Nemesis gorira, $180
    PE-DX06B Nemesis Gorira

6. Kantus Prime

Kantus Prime Beast Wars Forever!

News Credits:
    Now just waiting for a blue Doragon

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Gunpla and Cow Master

I know this is a quick cash grab because of the Comic-Con color edition, but seeing as I got my Gorira before the reissue announcement I will not feel so jaded as long as it does not come with a crown and throne, and remain blissfully content with my lucky break in a knee jerk decision...

8. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

MAN i wish they had gone full on Throne of the Primes with this. because then i would be all over it.

As it stands i actually prefer the color layout of the actual Throne of the Primes figure, it has more contrasting colors which pop more, white hands and chest, lighter colored feet, bright red visible matrix. the neato Crown and Scepter really hit me in the right spot too, the gold really goes will with the Primal color scheme. Also the actual throne, cardboard or not.

All in all i feel the Throne set would have more of a shelf presence to me rather than a giant black Optimal Optimus

I'll be going the official route by snagging me the Takara Throne of the Prime release and the DNA upgrade kit.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I love the original as a companion piece to my MP Primal. But I have to admit, had the SDCC Optimal existed back then, I probably would have waited for this version to eventually happen.

I just like this look more. In a way, this feels like a powered up Primal. Had I no knowledge of BW, I would assume the classic deco was a different person; a late wave redeco with some actiony subtitle; or an Ultimate Optimus form he gets in the final episodes -you get the idea.

He's definitely on my someday list. (On the fence about the helpers, might skip em to keep "Ult Op" special). For now I'm locking into Throne Optimal. Still cost less with the add-on, is allegedly coming sooner, and has all the modes plus it's own fun to be had with Primal.

I thought that rang a bell, make a Megatron head for the original!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Know what? I wager that, if this sells well enough, we'll see a "Throne of the Primes" accessory set to go with any of the Goriras. Probably stand-alone currently to see if it sells well enough to warrant the set.

Think they should add extra heads to such a set though, if made... namely the various Prime faceplates, and as a bonus... a Megatron one.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

my guess would that the gorria Jrs might come with the septor, crown and throne. I doubt we're getting the optimal megatron head, though that would be awesome

12. KingGoldenArms

KingGoldenArms Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Well I\'m glad I held off on the OG Gorira, with these colors he\'ll be perfect for my Cybertronian MP Shelf. Now I\'ll go back and grab the set of Black Gorira Jrs. 

13. spark crusher

spark crusher Well-Known Member

this is way too expensive! we're expected to pay huge sums for leader sized figures that are freaking repaints, just because its been recoloured in the original colours!? do they think we are idiots? because theres no wa.....ugh i preordered it.

• Like Like x 4
  14. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...that's okay, we'll always have MP-44 to not-preorder...

• Like Like x 3
  15. spark crusher

thankfully i dont even collect MP stuff XD looking forward to this guy though, ive been wanting a decent primal since i started collecting properly. had the original primal as a kid, then optimal, so this is going to be neat :)  happy new year btw peeps :) 

• Like Like x 1
  16. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...i picked up their red gorira prime last year, and honestly words don't do justice to how gorgeous this figure is in-hand: i do not exaggerate when i call him the jewel of my extensive collection...

...you're going to love him; he's spectacular...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Bujo

Bujo Well-Known Member

From the very first Beast Wars episode I've always thought the mid-faceplate mouth hole on Primal was the worst design choice of the whole series. One of the reasons I still love the original 1996 Optimus Primal toy is that it corrected the mouth hole mistake from the show. Equally I've avoided buying newer figures, like MP-32 Primal and PP-43 Primal, because they both feature the stupid mouth hole. I'm not one to adhere to what I deem are dumb ideas just for the sake of canon. I'm all for embracing the Rule Of Cool regardless of any deviations from the source materials.

19. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So glad they did this

20. spark crusher

i still think primal needs the mouth, after all he isnt optimus prime, and the mouth is somewhat iconic for primal, especially for me as i grew up with BW and gives it him more personallity. hoping theres options, but i doubt it.

• Like Like x 3