pcc qc issue(gps)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eliotd, Aug 19, 2010.

1. eliotd

eliotd alternator

hu all, not sure but my mudslinger pcc has =- gasp gold plastic syndrom. Right out of the box his thigh where it clips on crumbled to pieces. It seems that every time I get one, it is bad. icepick was great til I saw that there was literaly a screw missing in the sholder. my first huffer's big head had both horns off of it. and, and double clutch is so loose that even the nail polish trick barly worked. Is it just my unlucky butt or have others had this?

2. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Your unlucky(or I'm really lucky). My Pccs are all fine :) 

Didn't hasbro fix GPS?

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not everything broken is GPS. PCC QC problems don't surprise me, but actual for real GPS would. Especially because they turn to dust in a few years, not MISB in a NEW line.

4. The_Cube

The_Cube Active Member

Im really surprised to hear this. I bought Smolder back when it first came out and I found it to be one of the most solid Scout class figures I've ever had quality wise.

5. eliotd

eliotd alternator

well, you may right. technechly the plastic is metalic silver, but mid transform to - whatever monster truck with odd spoiler it does and both legs broke in the same clip. Glue was a no go. It just crumbles more. any advise? I realy like the line( even if it is not the best) but one more bad one and im done.

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    the issue with Mudslinger's thighs has been mentioned several times in his thread at the feedback forum

7. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn You Are Out of Range

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    GPS and its like are the result of plasticizers, that is the component of the material that gives it flexibility, evaporating/neutralizing to a point where it has no give. So it takes a lot less applied stress to cause failure. A recent example is Legends Scorponok who frequently turns out to have a brittle (and shortly thereafter) shattered tail nowadays.

But this takes time to happen. There would have to be extreme circumstances involved to cause a brand-new toy to spontaneously disintegrate upon removing it from the packaging.

Unless it's a Microman.

The way plastics are mixed for injection molding, it's possible that a little bit of the batch may have had an incorrect ratio and so the plastic's strength might have been screwed up, but either way it is incredibly improbable for a variant of Gold Plastic Syndrome to occur in a toy manufactured this recently.

8. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

my searchlight was super loose. i had to put several tricks to tighten them.

9. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Well...Then that wouldn't actually be GPS then.

Just sounds to me like you have really rotten luck. Best thing you could do is return it and exchange it for another one, or get your money back.

10. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

All my PCCs are just fine. Except Skyburst. The swivel on one of his thighs was always really loose... I couldn't even bend the knee without it popping off. Then putting a drone on the other day, the piece just snapped. I'd already thrown out the box and receipt. :(  I chalk it up to bad luck.