PCC = Pretty Crap Combiners ;)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by juise, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't read the first post or any of the rest of thread, since I can pretty much guess exactly how it all went. Just wanted to briefly interrupt the whining to chime in as a fan of the PCC line. Like any new line, there's still some kinks they need to work out, but I've been very happy with most of the figures so far and it looks like there's a lot of neat stuff coming up in the future.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The green guy transforms? I thought he was just a little cool monkey-guy.

3. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I think they suck too, but if I was a kid I'm sure I'd love them.

4. SoljaRTT

SoljaRTT Well-Known Member

How is G1 Bruticus better then PCC Bombshock. Arms and legs have the same range of motion, but Bombshock has knees you can bend. Bombshock can stand on his own, Bruticus needs those platforms. Bruticus has a gun though and his parts actually transform. As for durability I would say Bombshock stays together much better then Bruticus.

Reason I favor Bombshock over Bruticus because the G1 Combaticons have parts like other G1 combiners that aren't used: robots' guns, combiner fist and feet.

5. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

PCCs are alright. Not exactly my cup of tea, so that's why I'm not buying them.

Hell, you could complain if you were being FORCED to buy them. Sheezus.

6. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I dont like drones.... i want transforming robots..

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think the PCC line is absolutely great. It's such a change of pace from the normal combining strategy. Sure, things could be better, but that's with all Transformers I think. I enjoy the PCC line for what it is; a change of pace for combiners and they're fun as hell to play with.

8. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    only PCC I will buy is Grimstone, unless it ends up being a floppy pile too.

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    PCCs seem a very love it or hate it kinda line. I used to be more towards the hate it crowd...until I actually got some. Not the best figures ever, but all the scouts save for Skyburst are awesome, the minicons are hit or miss, and the drone limbs..well that just depends on your own tastes. I have zero issues with them. Sure having fully transforming characters as limbs is cool, but that isn't what these are supposed to be. It's just supposed to be a power-up mode for the central figure, they even call it that in the instructions.

10. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So after reading this thread i picked up the Combaticons from walmart for $19.

I was really not looking forward to drones to be honest because i usually want transformers that transform.

The qc just isnt the greatest... the apc drone keeps popping out if i dont watch how i pose him.

I'm also not too fond of the floppy hands.

That being said ... i really do like this set of figures. I like how i can pose this guy in lots of different ways. The drones arent horrible so far either. Transformation was pretty clever and other than the apc drone/leg pin i really like how this holds together.

After fiddling with this a while im looking forward to picking up the other sets and some of the scouts.

I find myself wishing that hasbro eventually designs a team for the collector/fan that includes the gimmick and also limbs that turn into individual robots. I realize it will probably be near impossible and the price kinda high but it would be a very cool thing imo.