PCC = Pretty Crap Combiners ;)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by juise, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    Here we go again...

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

well the combiner modes are pretty bleh/lame, but the individual robots are pretty neat :) 

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    The next scout I buy will be Windcharger. Sorry, PCCs. I might give you guys an impulse buy on clearance or something. I like you, but I'm not IN LIKE with you.

4. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

personally i don't like the PCC mainly because the drones do not transform to robot.

5. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Well, they wanted to bring some new, fresh concept while keeping some homages/similarities.

Now imagine if they named him onslaught, we'd be having extra threads complaining that "THEY RUINED THE COMBATICONS FOR-EV-ER"

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't play games like this. You clearly impugned anyone who bought PCCs as being an unreasoning sheep who buys things because they're new, and then used slightly different language as you frantically backpedaled.

You are not an idiot or a fool in my eyes, however you have created an utter waste of a thread which serves only as flamebait. You feel Hasbro's on the wrong track? Fine, vote with your wallet, talk to your fellow fans, but don't pull this "why isn't your taste as good as mine?" crap.

7. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

But they named the drones the Combaticons.

8. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    They ruined the combaticons for-ev-er

9. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Anyway as I said, the Scout sized figures are mint, theres really no reason not to pick one up seeing as we're getting all the molds at the lower price point anyway.

10. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    This is at least the second thread I've seen complaining about Power Core Combiners. I could say the whole "their targeted at kids" thing, but even as a child I would be disappointed that the 5-pack couldn't hold together well. I moved my toys around a lot when I play with them, and Bombshock would've been in a box somewhere for a long time. It's just a flaw in the first run of things. It's something new, and they're eventually gonna get the hang of it. And maybe that problem will be fixed later on.

And to be honest I enjoy the automorph gimmick! And if you're a collector, the real matter if it would look cool on a shelf. For the combined modes they might not look as cool, but the main torso-bot commanding the drones to attack another PCC could look cool. Or an armada of Drones lead by a leader. You've get plenty of other options.

Also, you can't really complain. If you don't like them and won't buy anymore, then you're saving money for HFTD or Generations!

But even if you're a PCC hater, you can't say the PCC Dinobots don't look cool.

11. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Yeah, but.. they.. uh,er... LOOK OVER THERE! A three-headed munky!

*runs away*

12. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

It would've worked if you said it was a truck with short smokestacks.

13. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I personally think they are horrid and just sad that the combiners of the 80's are alot better imo but if kids like them then that is all that really matters. Would have been nice to get some of the 80's gestaults made again though in Universe format.

14. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    For me, PCC are some of THE most fun Transformers I've gotten in quite some time. In my opinion, that's enough. Also, the existence of Chopster pretty much invalidates any negative comments about PCCs.

15. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess some will love these and some will hate the PCC's...

16. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Smolder is pure win to me. . Searchlight is okay, except for that booty only Sir-Mix-A-Lot likes.

i am not a huge fan of the transparacons that come with the PCC's.
    Searchlight's transparacon is worse than getting a lap dance from an eskimo under 20 layers of parka- it is pointless, senseless, a waste of time.
    i can't find a single use for "greenie the meanie"

with the PCC's i have, the combiner aspect is something i could do without. never gonna bother getting the drones because they will only clog up shelf space i want to save for figures that leave less of a bitter taste in my mouth like Scalpel.

i don't hate the PCC's in general, but they are a disappointing choice for a filler line.

17. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    I don't like them either.

18. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    There are a few simple steps to this:

- Don't like PCCs? Don't buy them. It's not like the concept is being forced down your throat through every line.

- Like them but hate the non-transforming limbs? Just buy the scout packs. Fully transformable, minicon "targetmasters", nice sculpting, etc.

Taking it to a level where you think the fans are just sheep being lead onto the bandwagon is idiotic. It's not your thing. That's fine. But don't label those who do like it as slave-bros. Everyone has their own taste. Not everything has to appeal to it. You have Generations and HftD still out. 2 out of 3 isn't bad at all.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Some flaws so far, but it's hard to point to any Transformers line that did not improve as it went along. At least the Power Core line has the option of buying the figure as either a 5 pack or a 2 pack so if you don't like the drones you can just wait for the repaint of the scout figure down the road.

Speaking of the scout figures they are actually really nice. They are feeling like a smaller version of deluxe figures now instead of just something cheaply made or designed.

Yes I really want new deluxe sized Constructicons in the Generations line that could combine if you collected them all, but I don't think Power Core is the thing holding back that crazy dream.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    He has a fan mode, that turns him into a wierd bug thing with giant eyes. it's adorable, and awesome, and the one mode that redeems him.

I just picked up Bombshock and Smolder, and I'm having fun with them! all my limbs stay on both bots perfectly, and he has no trouble standing upright. My only complaint would be how tiny Bombshock is in his normal robot mode, compared to Smolder.