PCC 2-Pack Review: Leadfoot w/Pinpoint

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by TimToyGeek, Aug 9, 2010.

1. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    First impression right out of the box is that he is okay. His joints are a lot stiffer so far than any other Transformer I've gotten. Hopefully they will loosen up with time.

Pinpoint is a mini-con I see becoming rare over time due to those long plastic "guns" sticking out of him. I look for alot of people having those break as they throw them in mini-con bags or boxes over time.

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm surprised he's got such long thin guns made out of the kind of plastic which is more likely to snap. Nasty choking hazard right there. Makes the short stacks forced on a G1 Optimus seem like a joke.

I originally passed on this guy because his head and chest and colouration looked too much like a Star Wars Transformer. Maybe he should've been packed with a MiniCon that becomes a lightsabre.

I'm half and half on him. He has a nice range of arm movement but his legs are rubbish. I know the 45 degree cut swivel is for the torso mode but there's more than enough space to have included a normal thigh swivel in there too. And putting the toes on a ball joint might've made the legs a little more useful for poses.

The upper arm swivels on mine are freakishly tight and turning them feels like I'm gonna snap something right off. I had decided not to ever turn them but then found the torso mode requires it. Ah well.
    Love the torso mode. Very stylish. Uses the arms and chest very well.
    Kinda disappointed that huge car mode becomes such a small robot.

Pinpoint is okay. Nice robot mode. Engine mode is a nice attempt but is clunky. Those pegs for the arms and legs would've been great if they actually worked. Waste of effort there really. The gun mode is a bit rubbish too. At least there are a good number of ways to mount him on Leadfoot so I'll eventually find something I like.

Overall they're not dreadful figures, just that the little things add up to knock points off. Still happy I bought them though.

However, Smolder still beats all. :D 

3. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

You know it's odd, but I was originally looking forward to picking this guy up, but once I got him in hand, I realized I actually really don't care for him all that much.

His alt-mode is just kind of haphazardly pieced togeather, Pinpoint looks dumb with the way he works with him, I donno...My interest for this guy just went sour for some reason.

I don't like him. I thought I would, but I really don't.

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I must speak up for Blackrock! He wasn't even close to being evil, except in a brief story when he was controlled by Ratbat. He consistently aided the Autobots (unlike nearly any other human character), organized his own superhero team (hey, it's Marvel) to protect Earth from Decepticons, and was instrumental in the defeat of Unicron.

5. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:

I like Leadfoot's eccentricities. I don't care much about the Mini-Con, I agree he doesn't integrate well, but the figure has some character. His Altmode may be a bit "Playschool" but it works for me overall.

That being said, I'd gladly buy yours from you if you wish to sell him cheaply. Feel free to PM me if so.:thumbs2: 

6. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

I think the Mini-Con is nice, but probably not that appropriate for Leadfoot.

7. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm tempted to rip the supercharger part off and make a target master for the upcoming Scourge fig.

8. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Pinpoint has a really nice robot mode that reminds me of the old Powermaster Nebulans. It's got good proportions and decent articulation, especially the arms due to the shoulder socket having the extra cut at the top. He really does look dynamic. It's only when you transform him to one of his alts that Pinpoint becomes Pinpointless.

9. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    this guy MIGHT have been a impulse purchase (on sale) for a CHUG F1 Powerdasher stand-in if his hands weren't so terrible.

10. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I quite like his massive hands. I imagine him using them for his 'slapdash' attack and swatting the absolute nuts out of a Decepticon. :) 

11. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

I recently grabbed this guy, and the joints are so tight. So tight in the legs that rotating them for torso mode is causing the front and back halves of his thighs to split apart at the seams. Kinda scary. Oddly, I hate how he interacts with his mini-con, yet the mini con itself is one of my faves.

12. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I just got him last night. Total win in my book. I don't have any of the drones, but him and Huffer on my top lists so far. I haven't seen any of the stress marks, or tight joints mentioned. The loosest parts are the spoiler feet, but when locked together in alt mode, it's totally fine.

As for the minicon, he is seriously one of the best. Shoulder cannons in his bot mode, and very versatile in his three modes. The armor mode could have used more work, but I'm willing to sacrifice that for the other two. In weapon mode, I spread the arms out and it makes him look more like a double crossbow. I don't really worry about having him on Leadfoot in alt mode, since it really reminds me of a cross between the Powermasters/Targetmasters of old, where the gun is placed wherever.

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

floating turret

[​IMG]

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I was pretty excited for this guy, especially when I first found him last night. So, I opened him up, ready to replace the horrible torso that was Double Clutch. But first, I figured I'd pose him around a little. Everything's fine so far, but then I go to turn his shoulder.

Snaps right off.

I'll be exchanging him tonight. I mean, other than the breakage, he looks pretty cool, and so does Pinpoint, in robot mode at least.

Sigh.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    have you guys tried his torso mode yet? it looks nice but the legs move weird.

16. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finally got this guy recently. He's my favorite PCC yet. Both his modes are really nice, and Pinpoint works really well as his Mini-Con. Now I want to track down Double Clutch and take his drones for Leadfoot.

17. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    After finally getting some drones as a Christmas present I've been trying out the combined modes for all my two-pack PCCs and Leadfoot's weird legs really do take the cool out of his interesting torso mode design. Pity because it was the combination I was most looking forward to.

18. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I'd love to play with this guy more but he's so tight it makes it hard - and he's far to prone to break due to his insane tightness.

19. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    I am pretty sure this wave does not exist anywhere on the East coast. It is just a figment of my imagination.

I saw it ONE time. Months ago. But I was so loaded up on the new Deluxes at the time, and I couldn't get the PCC 2 pack wave 2 guys at the same time. I shrugged, and thought to myself "we'll see them again soon, somewhere..."

NOPE. Never saw them again.

20. gericault

gericault Well-Known Member

Completely skipped on this wave - bunch of ugly f&$king tfs, I told myself.
    Then picked up Leadfoot on sale (7$ - which is a great deal up hear in Canada) and was more than pleasantly surprised. Clear but just slightly tricky transformation, lots of moving bits (no breakage on mine, though yes the joints are tight!), fun alt mode, mean looking robot (though the head is a bit silly)...
    Overall, a good, fun little TF. And yes, his partner is one of the best minicons out there!