PCC 2-Pack Review: Leadfoot w/Pinpoint

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by TimToyGeek, Aug 9, 2010.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree. I think he's the best of the scouts thus far!

2. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

Are the exhaust pipes backward in this pic? Seems like they should be swiveled in front of the rear tires so the openings point up.

Here's the pic from the resources section.

3. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oops! Transformation fail! :lol 

4. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

No big deal. I thought it might have been a personal preference thing.

I saw him at the store last night, and he's the first PCC that I actually want. And I really, really want him. Unfortunately, I spent so much money between BotCon and my birthday that my wife is already complaining that I want the Protector armor for Christmas.

Maybe I can take up panhandling? Nice, big cardboard sign: "Please help. Need Transformers. God bless." :D 

5. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

I just got my Leadfoot & Pinpoint the other day and all is not well in Transformerland.

Overall he is a really great figure but every. single. joint. on mine is tighter than I've seen on any figure for the past few years. It's an outright chore to move any of his limbs (luckily all the limbs still work).

The other problem is he already has stress marks. When I pull down his head flap, on either side of the inside of his torso (roughly midway to the back) are little stress marks that are caused by the raised plastic line on the inside edge of the multihinge that his shoulder connects to. It looks like a design flaw clearance issue if I've ever seen one.

Anyone else have these problems? I wanted to like him best of the three new ones but these issues worry me.

6. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    For those who bought these...and had the Energon series, do you feel that hasbro didn't improve much from designing these PCC ?

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Compared to the Deluxe and Voyager Energon Autobots, I think the PCCs are a lot better. Their individual bot modes don't sacrifice any articulation or aesthetic for the sake of the combined mode (the Energon Autobots are blocky, bulky, kibbly, dumb things, in both single and combined mode).

Compared to Prime and the Energon Gestalts, it's hard to say. The PCC combined modes sacrifice a lot of articulation and balance, while Prime and the Gestalts are at least decent in those departments. Also, the Gestalts have the advantage of not being drones and still working in all 3 modes (though some make better limbs than others).

But, Prime and the PCCs are the most direct comparison, since they're the ones that both have drones for limbs. Prime at least has ELBOWS, but Prime is also a lot larger. Nevertheless, I think the automorphing hurts the PCC limbs. Having them manually transform would've probably gave them better joints, regardless of size.

8. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I haven't noticed any stress marks, but all three of the wave 2 PCC 2-packs have pretty tight joints. Not so much that I think it's a problem, but definitely noticeable.

And I'm with you, Orio. As I said in Double Clutch's thread, Leadfoot is the cure for what ails Rallybot Maximus.

[​IMG]

9. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Duuuude. You forgot the best part. Anyone from the good old Marvel G1 days notice something written on the spoiler? :) ))

10. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

i was just about to inform him that Blackrock was one of the few "evil humans" in the comic book series. I like those little nods.

Thanks for the review. i've been wanting to pick this guy up.

Randy!

11. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

Just figured I'd show what I was talking about since I was taking pictures anyway. Boxed for your convenience. (Sorry for the lower quality, my camera suffers at close shots).

Here is the tab on the inside of the shoulder hinge that presses on the inside of the torso.
    [​IMG]

And here is the place on the inside of the body where the stress marks appear (on both sides). Head section is folded down.
    [​IMG]

As of yet it is only the marks, with no complete cracks or breaks.

13. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

Does your camera have a closeup mode? often indicated by a flower icon, it helps the camera focus on close up stuff.

14. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

I've actually tried that very thing before but for some reason it really only works in sunlight. I hate my camera so much. >_>

15. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Here's another case where the toy's combiner head is probably its most appealing aspect. (Reminds me of the Cobra B.A.T.) The rest of the torso mode, however, has an awkward, bloated look to it. The pegs designed to hold the sides together really don't do their job adequately, while the chestplate just plain doesn't peg into ANYTHING. It's obnoxiously easy to misalign the two side sections because there are so many joints involved and nothing that really stops any of them in the correct position.

The other modes, unfortunately, aren't much better. The robot mode has some crippled leg articulation and a really pudgy body. I wish there were some way to have the canopy/chest section rotate 180 degrees, because it would make him look so much less out-of-shape! The car mode is serviceable but the proportions of it are rather bad, with a tiny front section and an ENORMOUS back. And as for Pinpoint, his robot mode is alright, but his weapon mode is only a weapon by virtue of having two gunbarrels, and his armor mode is one of the worst of a bad lot. I generally let Leadfoot carry the Mini-Con on his back with the gunbarrels sticking up a la Bombshock.

At the end of the day this guy is probably the worst of his wave.

16. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:

The closeup pics look pretty good... I bought this one because of how rare it is base on the market around me... but I haven't opened it up (eventually go back to the store)...

The PCC does look kind of fun with the heads that can be alternated ; i imagine as the regular smaller head as for normal mode; big head for battle mode even without combining any limbs... the minicon does look cool... but still they are just minicons... (i meant like armada minicons I get tired of them pretty quick...)

17. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, thanks for the warning! I decided to check my Leadfoot after seeing those pics, and he has the same problem. The tabs don't seem to do anything, so I'm going to file them down a bit.

18. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Got one today, he's cool enough, not too stoked about the Minicon though. Pretty weak weapon mode. Torso mode is nice, I like the head.

19. Qrome

Qrome Member

I got him a few days ago. Sad to say, I was a little disappointed. It's kinda hard trying fasten the legs together along with the arms in vehicle mode. It felt kinda forced since the joints and tabs were also a bit too tight on mine. I stopped before something snapped off. It's a pity because the robot mode and the minicon looked nice. Maybe I just got a bad one. I returned it today and got Smolder instead. I couldn't have been happier :) 

20. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Can we see a pic of Leadfoot with Classics Mirage (or other CHUG deluxes)?

He's one of the few PCCs I'm considering, since we're unlikely to get a CHUG Leadfoot.