PC gamer or Console gamer or both?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by transtrekkie, Sep 17, 2014.

?

PC, Console, Both?

1. PC superior, console inferior...

18.2%
  2. Consoles 4 ever!!

36.4%
  3. Both! I'll play whatever is the most awesome.

57.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Pretty simple, do you prefer playing games on a pc or a Console? Me, I prefer a Console. There's something about sitting in front of the computer for hours on end that I just don't care for.

Not that I haven't done it. If there's a title I really like I will follow it to pc but my preferrence is consoles, mostly because the controller is more comfortable and I can see the game on the big screen of an actual tv. Some examples for me include Diablo II and the Sims. Fun games that weren't available on consoles. So I guess technically I fall into the "both" category, but this thread is really asking about preferrence.

2. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

Consoles, definitely. I hate gaming on the computer.

3. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

I still prefer consoles over PC.

4. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    A true Master Race gamer owns a PC and at least one console, if not all of them if you can afford it.

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Everything.

6. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Used to do both, but lost the desire to keep my PC up to date and now am just a console gamer. Might get back into PC once the new Nvidia cards drop, need to rebuild anyway.

7. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    I play PC mostly, but I'll play a console exclusive game if I'm interested in it.

8. Cracka J

Cracka J toss a coin to your witcher TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Enjoy both, but prefer PC.

9. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I used to be a PC gamer with consoles, but around Xbox I gave up on PC gaming... so 2003?

Then when I got a PC that could play games again (one of the first ever Dual core PC's!) I didn't get back into PC gaming... I think it was a bad experience with HL2 and Steam, basically I had to reinstall HL2 after a system refresh but forgot my Steam account details.

Then everytime I tried to log in I couldn't, when I tried to open a new account with my copy of HL2 it'd say it was already registered with another account (my original one) which is fair enough but despite repeated requests to access my original account nobody ever got back to me from Valve customer service.

So I gave up.

10. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Both, but mostly console. And even IF I play on PC, it's with the gamepad because my hands hate WASD + mouse.

11. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Born & raised on console gaming but man I loved those old Lucas Arts PC games, the new PC stuff I don't have the spare time for.

12. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Both. Would like to say everything, but phone and tablet gaming ain't my bag.

13. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Both.

I enjoy hours of play on my old NES and Genesis.

I've also played on Sega Saturn, XBox, Playstation 1, and SNES.

But I also enjoy playing on my PC...Starcraft, Diablo, Star Trek Armada, Starfleet Command, Star Wars Battlefront, etc etc etc....

At this point, I doubt I'll be a phoner or cell gamer, or whatever those people are called.

14. bookwormdalek

bookwormdalek Gotta get a grip

News Credits:
    Both, but I tend to lean a bit more towards PC gaming.

15. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Er, why are we able to pick all options?

Anyways, all of the above. Mostly on PC, consoles for exclusives, love handhelds. But mostly PC.

16. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I'll vote console because that's all I have ever owned and played properly.

I started off with a PS2, now I'm on the PS4.
    I hope to have a proper PC one day and not this laptop than can be hotter than the sun's surface sometimes. Though, I can't see myself getting to like the style of play, (mouse and keyboard...)

The only PC games I do play are mostly simulator games, like Farming Sim, Truck sim etc... I keep the FPS and racing games to the Playstation.

17. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

I prefer consoles (partly cause my computer sucks), but I'm playing Old Republic as I speak, so I can't say I don't play PC games.

Honestly, both is probably the best way to go. Nothing says you have to pick one over the other. To me, people who act like either side is factually superior in all ways are just kinda ridiculous to me. I understand liking one over the other, and that's cool, but some people do take it too far.

18. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Both. Used to be a PC gamer (mostly emulation) before I made the switch to MacBook Pro in Sept. of '10 after the motherboard in my PC died in May of same year.

Nowadays, it's either the PS3 or my Vita.

19. Cracka J

Cracka J toss a coin to your witcher TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, they are actually each superior in their own right. PC will always set the curve for tech, and console seems to have had the advantage in titles and exclusives for quite some time.

So really there are clean cut advantages for both platforms, but other factors like game prices, preference of controllers, online capabilities, online charges, user interfaces, compatibility, etc. open the gates for a lot of personal opinion depending on what the user prefers. I think that's what muddies the water a lot of the time and get people on that 90's console war aggressive mindset kick.

And I voted PC just because that's where I go to currently to game. There's been years where it was nes. Years where it was snes. Years where it was saturn. Years where it was psx. Years where it was DC. Years where it was GC. Years where it was PS2. Years where it was 360. Years where it was PS3. Years where it was Wii U. It's just what I currently prefer and enjoy gaming on, not really anything more then that.

20. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have been a console gamer all my life due to various reasons. Even having a powerful machine to run 3d programs, and being fine with building my own machine and knowing my way around a computer, I prefer console gaming. Visuals will always be better on a well maintained PC, but that's not the most important thing to me.

However, I will say consoles are slowly losing their advantages- one being the ease of use. Thanks to patches and online services you have to sign up for along with console online fees I feel they are losing that plug and play quality. I was actually really hoping the Steam machine would meld everything together with modular tech, but I don't think it's there yet. I think one day I will have a game dedicated PC machine for my living room, but console haven't gotten complicated enough YET to completely lose their appeal to me and PC's haven't gotten streamlined enough yet. IMO.

BUT! All that being said, the bottom line to me is that I care about the games first and foremost, and I will buy whatever system has exclusives I want. That's one of the nice things about being an adult. (one of the bad things is not having time to actually play them all)