Passages of Paradron

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Star Cracker, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Okay, this is a short story that's set in the G1 fan-based continuity that I had wanted to setup. If anything, this is more of a to-the-point explanation of the event that leads up to Megatron's last stand and a brief introduction to Galvatron.

I hope that you all enjoy.

2. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Through the dark passages of Paradron, Megatron walked further and further through the maze-like understructure of the abandoned planet. It was very similar to Cybertron in most respects in that the whole world was a metallic metropolis with thousands if not millions of processing plants, data storage facilities, and pieces of technology lying around, just waiting to be taken. But the best part of all, was the trace amounts of huge volumes of energon stockpiles detected. With a planet ripe with a near limitless supply of power, the Decepticons would no longer have to conserve their forces, but could show the Autobots their true might.

Inwards, Megatron allotted himself a small smile. That was also four breems ago.

It seemed that they had been walking down the same dark passages forever. He stopped, and turned to face the one who had brought him here, the one who told him the location of a world with unimaginable wealth, who had claimed that Paradron was the power to defeat the Autobots. Megatron also knew that this was also the one person who he had ousted from the Decepticon ranks not too long ago knew that was not to be trusted.

However, desperate times called for desperate measures. The recent liberation of their world from the Quintessons had taken a lot of resources, and virtually all the energon that had been gathered on Earth was used up. With the Autobots staging successful hit and run attacks against the remaining Decepticon outposts, it seemed as if the Decepticons would eventually lose the Great War. That is, until he showed up, from beyond known space, apparently coming out of exile.

“So,” Megatron began in a low gravelly voice, “tell me again just where this control center is….. before I reconsider this little ‘alliance’, Starscream.”

With Megatron’s fusion cannon pointed at his head, the former aerospace commander stepped backwards putting up his hands as if that would somehow protect him from being pulverized. “Please, Megatron!” he wailed. “I swear to you it’s just a few more corridors. Just let me remember where exactly.”

“Your memory better recover that valuable data soon or I’ll have Buzzsaw extract it from your cranial structure with his beak!” Megatron sneered.

Starscream hastily moved in front of Megatron, offering to take lead. “I believe it’s this way,” he stammered. The Decepticon leader followed him through a series of halls until they finally came to what appeared to be a set of double doors that revealed a massive room that must be the control center.

Starscream’s expression brightened at once. “You see, Megatron! I was telling the truth! All we have to do now is activate the planetary central computer core and we’ll have Paradron operational.” He walked over to a terminal relay and pressed a few buttons which activated the lights. “And then…. then we will have all the power we will ever need to wipe out the Autobots and rule Cybertron.”

Megatron was too busy taking in his surroundings and thinking of how he could use Paradron to not only decimate the accursed Autobots, but how he would destroy all who dared to oppose the Decepticons. He smiled. “Yes… yes, you’ve done well Starscream. I commend you on your discovery.” Megatron raised his arms in elation. “With this planet’s power, we will have a world capable of being only second to Cybertron.”

Turning around, Megatron lowered his arms, and looked at Starscream. “However, there is one thing that needs to be taken care of.” His smile vanished, and a blast from Megatron’s fusion cannon tore a whole through the aerospace commander’s fuselage.

Starscream dropped to the floor clutching his side trying to keep the exposed fluids from spilling out. He looked up and in a murmer asked, “Megatron, why?”

“Because, Starscream…. I know that this was also a trap. You are a fool who never learns. By bringing me out away from my loyal supporters, you thought that you would be able to get rid of me easily. But I am not that easily deceived…..nor do I easily forgive…”

Starscream brought his right hand over to his mouth and then hissed. He then put his hand back down on the ground to try and support himself. He then looked up at Megatron, still clutching his left side, and then flashed Megatron a devilish grin. “So… you saw through my scheme all along. But it appears you didn’t calculate everything, All Powerful and Mighty Megatron.”

The lights faltered and the room was dark again. Megatron looked around him to see where the traitor was hiding and then heard a loud clang as the double doors shut, locking him in the room. Then emergency lights flashed around, lighting the room with a mixture of amber and crimson illumination.

“As promised,” Starscream said from behind the closed double doors. “I delivered him, just as I said.”

“What’s going on here?” Megatron demanded to know.

To this Starscream snickered. “I’ll tell you what’s going on: after all these years, you’ve finally been dethroned and that this ‘fool’,” Starscream jabbed a thumb at himself, “is taking his rightful place in Decepticon Hierarchy as the new leader!”

Megatron grimaced, clearly angered at having been outwitted after all. “Starscream…..”

“But don’t think that I would allow you to remain here, bored. Oh no.” Behind him, he saw another mechanoid. At first, he thought it was Starscream, but then it became apparent that this was something else. The figure was adorned with violet armor along his arms and torso, his abdomen bearing four red squares. On his right shoulder, an orange cannon rested.

“Consider this my parting gift, Megatron. I’m sure that you’ll enjoy your new friend. He’s all yours…..Galvatron.”