Pass The Torch - TFSource Article

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Maz, May 20, 2014.

1. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    A lifetime of appreciation for Transformers and the growing acceptance of hobbies such as toy collecting in society generally means that we can share our hobby with more people, and wear it more proudly, although some of us did that from day one regardless of others’ opinions anyway. When you get to the root of it, it’s the amount of wonder instilled in us by Transformers toys at tender ages that is responsible for our enthusiasm and appreciation of the concept today, even if our reason for being in the hobby has evolved since then. So if they meant so much to us as kids, what does that mean for our own children?

Pass The Torch | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the best
    Maz

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Oh no he's got to go! go go my budget!

News Credits:
    I have no kids but i have gotten my nephews into transformers.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nice article maz, been keeping up with the blog posts, she's got quite the collection for a 2yr old ol

4. jscott991

jscott991 Well-Known Member

One of the things that saddens me is that my children won't really have the opportunity to feel nostalgic about things like I did. Transformers, Masters of the Universe, and even GI Joe were all great toylines to play with and collect even as a kid.

Nothing today holds up. And I just don't have the resources to buy Masters of the Universe Classics and Transformers Masterpiece figures as toys to get them into the Filmation and G1 versions of these characters.

The state of toys today is really quite appalling, outside of niche collector figures that are very expensive.

5. TheShape

TheShape Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice read! any link to the BBC interview? Was it all TF related?

6. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    :lol  It really doesn't need to grow any further currently!

It was indeed, it was specifically on the subject of saving for a big purchase and they'd found my article on giving up last year so they wanted to speak about one item I'd saved for or made sacrifices to buy, so I chose and spoke about the Diaclone Black Tracks. Mine was one of many short telephone interviews about things we had saved up for.

I don't think the interview is online any more at the BBC, they have a 1 week cycle on iPlayer as it's a weekly radio show. I still have the file, I'll make a blog post of it eventually :) 

All the best
    Maz

7. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never thought my daughter would enjoy Transformers and haven't directly bought her any. She began playing with random toys I left out, like Cybertron Landfill and Energon Kicker, and eventually seized a portion of my collection for herself! :lol  She now has all of my remaining Microman toys and the Micromaster Countdown rocket base.

I bought my son a couple of Rescue bots but he's not interested in them at all. Thomas the Train has all of his attention.

8. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My son started at about two also. He's six now and has a fairly massive collection. It changes your purchasing a lot. I buy almost zero third party or masterpiece level stuff now as one of the factors involved now is when/if a toy will eventually become his. I no longer have much interest in owning stuff in know I'll never pass on.

It also provides a lot of insight into what Hasbro is up to. A fair number of toys that get ragged on here are big hits with my son and his friends.

9. TheShape

TheShape Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Cool . Would love to hear it!