Party Down

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Cardion, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Cardion

Cardion A Knock Off The Old Block

News Credits:
    I was just rewatching Cyberverse Season 2, Episode 14: Party Down again. It is so good.

While not my favorite episode of the series, I absolutely cherish how earnest, awkward, and vulnerable Optimus seems in this episode. You can really feel the introvert in him; he seems so relatable. It is a teachable episode too, the way Optimus overcomes his social aversion to cheer up the crew.

Additionally, I love the way they pair him with Cheetor, the other outsider in the group. Then add in the wry wit and puns of Teletran-X for a recipe for an adorable episode.

Also, they manage to give so many characters a moment to sparkle. Everyone gets a chance to shine with only a single line or a look. The episode encapsulates so many of the little things that make Cyberverse an amazing gem of a show.

So tell me...
    What do you like about Party Down?
    maxresdefault (8).jpg

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In terms of funny moments:
    The reaction to Optimus' impromptu speech.
    [​IMG]
    The use of polka music as disco music (showing that the Autobots interpret things differently with Earth stuff) with Ratchet err moonwalking.
    [​IMG]
    Which would later be countered with the Autobots fighting each over as the music is playing.

And I too like the scene of Optimus feeling more at home in the quiet
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

This episode is REALLY fucking good. It builds so much on Optimus' character and just has so many great moments. Ratchet oversharing autopsy information to some poor rando, Prowl racing with Hot Rod, Starscream being a manipulative little asshole, the entire ending scene...

• Like Like x 4
  4. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

Gott love it when the bots partake in earth culture. Anyone remember that one scene in the sunbow cartoon where they were watching soap operas at the ark? Good times.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    And who can forget this?

Basketball.gif

Seeing the Autobots actually invested in the culture of the people that they've sworn to protect is always interesting, and I wish that we'd see more of it.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Gzstg

Gzstg Well-Known Member

I have to echo what other people are saying. the episode was great. my favorite part is Prime standing outside staring at space not saying anything. sometimes I like to do that just stare at nothing not thinking about anything.

• Like Like x 5
  7. BattleGurijiba

BattleGurijiba One Radical Dudicus

One of the few episodes of the show that I have watched in its entirety. (Had to watch it when it comes so highly recommended) It was great and I ended up watching three or four episodes afterwards because of it. Favorite part was the reaction to Optimus’s speech probably.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Advocate for orignality in Transformers.

Party Down basically shows us what Prime Optimus would be like, if Prime Optimus was an actual character, not a plank of wood. The episode works to actually give the audience a glimpse of what it's like being as isolated as Optimus Prime is. Of course, while TF Prime implied Optimus' duty of leadership keeps him isolated (I think, but all I have to work with is "Primes don't party"), Cyberverse showcases him as being more of an introvert who, while capable of delivering inspirational speeches to his army, is not very capable in casual social interactions. Both interpretations are great concepts, but Cyberverse does something with it. Panicked Optimus raising his mouth guard, once he realizes he's at a party and, when prompted to give a speech, trying to fall back onto standard inspirational platitudes, better suited for the build-up to a battle, is just so great to watch. For a show with writing as dodgy as Cyberverse's could be, the show really added small dimensions to Optimus and Megatron that most TF cartoons don't.

• Like Like x 4
  9. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

Imagine if Optimus starred in a space jam film! :lol 

• Like Like x 2