Paramount+ should revive Transformers: Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by OmegaPrime22, Jun 23, 2021.

1. AStreetcarNamedWheeljack

AStreetcarNamedWheeljack Well-Known Member

2. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

While I do enjoy Prime, I doubt I ever see it coming back. RiD 2015 continued the story, so that's out of the question. The aligned continuity is finished. And I think the show ended on a high note, even if Predacons Risinf was boring.
    Would I like it to return, maybe. But, I don't see it happening.

3. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

I don't know, it wouldn't really be the best idea for that.

Also you have to take note how Prime was handled outside the states, like Prime in Japan is best described as a completely different thing from the original "US Version".

Which might lead to more issues international continuity wise.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Transformers Prime is one of the best Transformers shows. I just didn't like the aesthetic. Starscream and Bulkhead looked terrible. I didn't like Megatron's skull face.
    Mike and Ray were annoying.

It's far better than the G1 and Animated cartoons.

5. MatrixQuardeanUnlimited56

MatrixQuardeanUnlimited56 TheDarkKnightAndTheQuardeanPraetorianKnightsmen

Maybe.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ravage Stanixa

Ravage Stanixa My Spark belongs to the TRUE Perfect Decepticon.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    WFC is so terrible though.

7. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Least insane TF fan

News Credits:
    Why do you think I added the quotations.

8. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

Fine if they take out Miko and replace her with June

9. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

I would actually enjoy watching a continuation of TF Prime that provides the context for the state of affairs we see in RID15. What happened to Unit E on Earth? How did Cyclonus' crew infiltrate Cybertron's government? What happened to the other Autobots after they were blacklisted? The amount of possible material is certainly enough to constitute a series in its own right.

• Like Like x 5
  10. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

They'd blow through it all in a few episodes, then be back to mucguffin hunts and/or vallain of the week episodes.

11. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    Please please please leave Prime as dead as the Bayverse. It doesn't need to continue. It was already horrendously long and I genuinely don't think there's anything to add to it, especially since RID already exists

12. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 Mandatory Stunning and Brave Fiction in Fiction

All the old Transformers cartoons used to be on Tubi for free. I'm not sure if they are all still on there, but Prime was one of them. Transformers are available to stream if people are looking.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Liege Nemesis

Liege Nemesis Snarks about old cartoons

Yeah, they're still there, including Prime. There's G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, the Unicron Trilogy, Animated, and Prime. You can find all of them by searching "Transformers" except for Beast Wars for some reason (that you have to search for "Beast Wars" instead)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Yeah, sure, the show that sank a network should get another chance to sink another service.

Prime was so overbudget UNIT-E was canned because Prime ate not only their own budget, but UNIT-E's budget as well, because Hasbro couldn't put their foot down on the episodes continually ballooning to double and triple the episode budget; episodes were budgeted at $700K ended up costing 2 million each. Yes, that show that looked like there'd been an apocalypse because there weren't any other characters to fill backgrounds and environments, that show where they could only create entirely new battle damaged models or nothing, the show that had fish eyed Megatron, which spent money on developing between 4 - 6 (six!) different Transformations for each main character so that they could transform differently depending on the characters mood, the camera angle, or how fast they should transform in a given scene, because people would notice that :rolleyes: , the show that explicitly went against Hasbro's direct requests, and was one of the key reasons Transformers sank as a brand in Japan, is the one piece of Transformers media that should get another chance. It's one of the reasons the HUB doesn't exist anymore.

You may not think it, but we're still feeling the fallout of Prime; it did so much damage in Japan, it's forced Takara to change how they've approached the franchise and what they offer, as well as how they work with Hasbro. Prime did so poorly on TV that Takara took a completed series and re-edited a season finale and cancelled the series early, then created their own micro-toyline and animated show (Go!) to fill in until Hasbro moved on. The Toyline went from having premiere shelf space to mostly being a requested specialty item that doesn't have shelf space, which even today, it still hasn't clawed back in all these successive series. Because of that diminished retail presence, it doesn't sell well (expectedly) and that ended Takara doing different decos on mainline figures, it simply was too expensive for them to maintain. This has also killed those one-off figures that Takara would run, like the Legends females of Blackarachnia, Slipstream, and Night bird. While Selects has been great in terms of getting figures into everyones hands, it's also part of that fallout. Takara no longer is confident that they can move pricey reshells and instead employs a pre-order to production method which is why we have to order our figures half a year or so in advance instead of just figuring there's an audience for them. If it wasn't for "Brand Unification" a few years back, Takara probably would've stopped making Transformers altogether, something that since they design the engineering for all figures, was something Hasbro couldn't afford, causing them to step in and enable Takara to keep making a franchise they would've given up on. Takara also being burned so hard in the time slot has meant they've been unwilling to help bankroll new series; in the past they'd go 50/50 in shows such as the Unicron Trilogy. Not anymore, Hasbro is on it's own and has to fund it entirely on their own now, or with an absolute minimal buy in from Takara. Have you noticed how great the shows since then have been without the added funding?

The entire purpose of Transformers media is to sell the toys. Even in the US, the toyline did so poorly the toyline ended 3 times; the original line sold poor enough no vender was interested in carrying the line anymore so they sold a "new" toyline in Beast Hunters. That toyline sold so poorly that Target picked up the final "Predacon Rising" third attempt figures as part of an exclusive again and even that was a wet fart.

You may enjoy the show (for some reason) and I'm honestly not trying to diminish your enjoyment of that show if you love it. Go ahead and love it. Just recognize that it was a colossal failure for the brand on every level.

Of all the shows that have happened, Prime should be the only show not to get another shot. It should be viewed as the "New Coke" of the Transformers Brand.

• Like Like x 4
  15. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone have that statement on the various transformations, or a comparison image. I mean I believe it, I just have a hard time figuring out what that even means/looks like.

Also, Predaking couldn't transform for how many episodes that plot element was in, simply because they ran out of money to do so. It was that dire, but at least it created a neat character thing.

Bit of a tangent but I do wonder why Hasbro doesn't spam direct to DVD animation, I guess it's considered a pretty terrible business move and only superhero stuff can do well in it?

16. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    If Animated can't get a 4th season, then Prime certainly doesn't deserve one, especially since Prime got a TV movie, a sequel show, and a spinoff show that in turn had its own sequel. Not to mention it's getting new CHUG toys ahead of Animated. Prime gets enough love and attention already, despite being an abject failure overseas, while others get nothing.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    Honestly, yeah.

Prime wasn't that good anyways and is pretty overrated, Animated is easily the better show in comparison.

• Like Like x 4
  18. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

You know what would be really cool though, and this is assuming that they could bring everyone back. Have a movie that ties all three shows (Prime, Rescue Bots, and RID) together. Jack and Miko, the Burns family, Denny and Russell, as well as all of the various bots. I would be absolutely down for that.

19. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee #Justice4Chopter Trench's#1Fan

As a huge Prime who has made myself a fool trying to defend it many times (If you were in one of those arguments then sorry for my immaturity) I think the would be a horrible idea, it's too early and many TF fans don't even like it let alone outside of the US, it's just too risky and in my opinion I like where the show ended

• Like Like x 2
  20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    And that is why you are not in the toy industry because that would be financial suicide.

• Like Like x 2