Paramount+ should revive Transformers: Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by OmegaPrime22, Jun 23, 2021.

1. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm kinda surprised they haven't already got a continuation in development. It was quite a big show. Would definitely sub just for a continuation. Perhaps retcon Predacons Rising. So it never happened and just pick up from Season 3. And just have Predacons Rising be one possible future since every franchise is introducing the multiverse now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's not Paramount's call, or at the minimum it's not one they want to make. I don't know the specifics of their deal with Hasbro, but I'm certain it's just theatrical movies, not TV shows, or no interest in them anyway. And Hasbro is better off not sticking to Paramount for all media.

Ignoring that, I don't think this show has enough staying power. It has the most out of all the old shows sure, but I doubt it's enough to warrant a revival. That's why I don't find it surprising.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The future of the franchise is riding on the next movie. If it’s a hit, I can see Viacom wanting to invest more in the franchise. Propping up Prime season 4 for adults while also releasing the Nick show for the 6-11s. As of right now, Paramount+ doesn’t have much in the way of exclusive adult animated content and this could be there very own Young Justice season 3.

• Like Like x 3
  4. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

No.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think that's a Paramount decision.

They're not like Disney with Marvel or Star Wars, they only make decision when it comes to the movies themselves, and even then Disney only really has a hand in the decision making of the movies either at the beginning or if something majorly negative financially or critically happens.

• Like Like x 3
  6. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, dead show is dead.

• Like Like x 5
  7. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No one’s ever really gone. Not in this age of streaming and nostalgia.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Least insane TF fan

News Credits:
    no, it ended in 2013 and I personally want to keep it as a relic of when I (and many people here) were younger, besides, if you want "edgy Transformers" watch the wfc trilogy lol.

• Like Like x 2
  9. DinobotPrime

DinobotPrime Well-Known Member

Prime is my favorite TF show, but I might be in the minority when I say i actually enjoyed Predacons Rising and am ok where Prime ended. If they were to revive any show please let it be animated

• Like Like x 12
  10. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As a huge TFP fan, I honestly don’t want it to come back, it already had an amazing ending, and some of the Rid15 episodes (like s1, portals, and the starscream arc) are already good enough sequel episodes. Also there’s an entire team making a fan movie as a sequel to predacons rising called galvatron’s revenge. That being said though, I would sell my soul for a TFP wreckers spin off.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  11. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

I don't think I would want a straight S4. However, I'd be down for a sequel. Team Megatron and Optimus up with a "best of" cast from TFP and RiD2015 against some major threat, I would be there.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

No, I'm as big of a Prime fan as anyone. And even I wouldn't want them to revive the show. The story is concluded, so I don't even see a reason to revive it. If any show, give Animated fans the fourth season that they've been wanting.

• Like Like x 19
  13. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

Prime had an ending... If we are reviving tf shows, let's revive animated which ended prematurely.

• Like Like x 6
  14. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    "I'm kinda surprised they haven't already got a continuation in development. It was quite a big show. Would definitely sub just for a continuation."

You could say that about any show. Why make anything new when you can just run in circles forever? It existed, so that's reason enough to keep doing it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Rather they gave us season 6 of TMNT 2012 before giving us Prime season 4. Also I believe Prime ended the way it was suppose to and the story led to RiD. If you want a continuation of the aligned verse it would have to be a new series, maybe with the same tone and CG of Prime, but not the cartoon itself.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    How many shows revived long after their original ending have actually been good? I understand why you want this, but the odds are that you would end up more disappointed than you are now.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    No. Period.

I am a hardcore defender and love Prime, hell I have probably caused more than my share of fights defending it here, but I will say the same thing I said for Animated:

The show ended for a reason, whether good or bad, and we have to live with it. Every good thing has to come to an end and we can't just continually demand for a continuation constantly just because we want more. That's just not how it works. Everything runs it course and sadly the Prime era is over, just like Animated, the Unicron trilogy and so forth. Innovation is the name of the game, so the best thing we can hope for is a show similar to it that improves upon what it was based on. Besides that, there truly isn't a whole lot else we can do even if we tried our best to get it back

Lastly, I loved how they ended it, the final goodbye through the space bridge is one of my favorite endings period. It was emotional and well written and I dont want them to treat it like it was nothing. Sure, there may be some things I would have like to have seen, but it ended for better or worse and we have to be happy for what we got.

We can't be too greedy, where all have our one show that we feel way to strongly for and we have to occasionally accept certain things about it, such as it ending.

• Like Like x 11
  18. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Courage the Cowardly Dog is somehow returning in a brand-new crossover movie with Scooby Doo later this year. Literally everything is on the table for revival.

That said, I think 1) it's still too soon for Prime and 2) I really don't see Hasbro investing that kind of money in a non-movie TF series for a long time, sadly.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Warner Bros reusing an old license on their direct to dvd movie line =/= reviving Courage. It's like claiming they revived Scooby Doo and the 13 Ghosts when they did a movie referencing it last year.

20. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would count both of those things as a revival, yes. If they did a one-off TF: Prime tv / streaming movie, would you count that as a revival?