Paramount says TF4 slated for 2014

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TFtoycollector, Feb 13, 2012.

1. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I think it's a way to toss criticism out there at nobody in particular and let the rightful owner claim it (and also address any similar foolishness that might arise), rather than attack a specific person directly.

2. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Truth spoken, but on an anonymous internet forum.. sadly falling on deaf ears.

Anyway, whatever they do with TF4 (a decent script would be nice start, but I digress), someone will rage about it if: a) it isn't G1; b) their favourite character isn't in it; c) their favourite character is in it, but has been changed in any way; d) any kind of change happens at all to anything.

The irony is, I don't think Bay has actually confirmed he's directing it - simply that he is involved in the production. As the wording suggests TF4 will be a reboot, or at least a new take on things, I'd actually expect a different director to be at the helm for that to happen.

3. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And rile up everybody else while you're at it. That's usually the end result, so no one should act surprised when this offends others besides your supposed recipient.

Think about it like this... this movie doesn't even exist yet, so yes in that regard, this is a fandom overreacting. Now think about it like this... the movie doesn't exist yet, but we've already been through THREE OF THEM. I think they have a general idea what they're in for...

I wonder how many instances of high expectations there were for Uwe Boll movies before they finally decided that there was no point getting their hopes up.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Yeah - it's an equal opportunities flaming. :p 
    I often freely admit I've still not seen DotM but I generally try not to slate it because of that. BayFormers '07 and RotF are fair game though, and when I finally do get around to watching DotM I'll have a leg to stand on properly opinionating about it. :p 
    Some people may feel that I have no right to be in the movie forum and comment on any DotM topics because of not having seen it but until the admin makes a rule that states I have to stay out I'll continue to come in here and participate best I can.

5. flamepanther

One would hope that people who never said anything about wanting to die would comprehend that the comment wasn't about them--especially when someone directly above that post did say something to that effect. Then again, this is the movie forum...

6. Enigma2K2

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Or you could just quote the person you claim to be responding to, address them directly since that's what you claim you were doing, or you could stop trying to pretend you weren't calling ALL OF US IDIOTS while posting your oh so cute pic. Or in other words...

... Was all that s*** necessary?

7. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Dude... is the guy holding the gun to your head going to get upset that you're posting to the internet? You know, the guy forcing you to see these movies?

8. flamepanther

He's not calling all of us idiots any more than you're accusing me of writing his post. Notice how you respond to me by saying "you" about something I didn't do? I suspect you believe I will use context and common sense to know who you are actually talking about rather than assuming it's myself. I suspect he was doing the same.

Also, I don't see anyone else getting bent out of shape about it.

9. Enigma2K2

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, you're right. That was a mistake on my part. I apologize.

10. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I'm not against Transformers 4... I hated everything about DOTM so I don't know how they'll lure me back to the series to be honest.

I'm just worried that they will run Transformers into the ground, much like how the Resident Evil series has been turned into an action-flick joke. That's what I feel is going to happen to Transformers.

11. cougarcat13t

cougarcat13t Man In Black!

Ghost of starscream perhaps?? I'll watch it he is in it!!

12. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

But it's a catch-22. If you watch something and say you dislike it, the other camp responds "Why did you watch it and support it then?!" If you criticize something without actually seeing it, the argument is "Your opinion is not valid. You haven't even seen it." So damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Personally, I think it's fair to comment on the movie franchise as a whole, having seen at least one of the movies and read reviews/commentary of the others. I mean really, the three movies must be more similar than dissimilar to each other.

13. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Theres a bunch of people on here saying they'd rather have the world end this year than to have another TF movie. Bunch of pussies.
    I fucking hate it when you people call the movie fans the trolls. Just look at the past 90 or so pages.
    Its a fucking imdb replica!
    DONT FUCKING WATCH IT AND DON'T FUCKING SPOIL IT FOR THOSE WHO LOVE THE FILMS!

14. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

15. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You know, you and many other movie fans, are worse then the complainers. You're complaining about the complainers and are trolling them.

If they don't like the movies, they are damn well entitled to complain about them. You, and any other person, have NO right to tell them they cannot voice their opinion, based solely on the fact that you disagree with them. And that works both ways too, both sides are entitled to their opinions.

16. Rael

Rael Shameless Armada Fan

A more calm and rational response on your part instead of anger would certainly be a step in the right direction.

Some people on both sides have been out of line, and which side has the greater number is irrelevant. Some have good reason to be happy, and others have good reason to be upset. Yes, the groups are never going to get along entirely, but why not avoid being part of the problem?

17. ang3l3s

ang3l3s Sixshot

I'm happy !

18. Nope

Nope board man gets paid

News Credits:
  19. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

I'm starting to not see a difference.

20. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Reaction - Cartman Laughing - YouTube

I just love how you anti-movie people put all the crap on movie fans.
    Know why i couldnt enjoy dotm like i wanted to? Because of the constant bitching and complaining.
    Your entitled to your opinion, but the line is drawn when it goes to the point where it messes up with the movie fans.
    DON'T LIKE 'EM? GTFO! YOU'VE HAD 5 F**KING YEARS TO KNOW THAT YOU'D HATE ANY FILM THAT COMES FROM BAY YOUR GONNA HATE!
    I HATE THE JAPANESE CONTINUATIONS, BUT I KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT, AVOID THE POSTS RELATING TO THE SUBJECT, AND I DONT F**K WITH THOSE WHO LOVED THE JAPANESE CONTINUATIONS. YOU ANTI-MOVIE PEOPLE SHOULD DO THE SAME!