Paramount Planning On Making Fewer Big Budget Theatrical Productions And Focus More On Paramount +

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Fc203, Sep 10, 2021.

1. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

Twitter is a lost cause.

Disney will collapse under it's own weight soon and have to focus on the main Characters. Transformers would get locked in the Vault never to be seen again!

2. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Bay did make Transformers one thing, a joke. Knight and now Caple Jr. are trying to change that.

TLK sucked the same reason as the other movies as far back as ROTF, Bay and his lot. All that happened was TLK is the point where people got tired of it.

Bay didnt make Transformers mainstream, it already was. The franchise had a healthy existance before 07.

This idea that Transformers was built by Bay is not true. Quite frankly I think Transformers helped Bay more than the other way around. His career was on the way down and Transformers pulled him out of it. I doubt he was ever grateful and now Bay is back where he was '06.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  3. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I don't think it is, I think it's just going to keep expanding and consuming more and more media. Then it'll use what makes them money, Mickey may be their symbol, but how often do we actually see him?

• Like Like x 2
  4. MacFormer97

MacFormer97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I told y'all: Paramount wants Transformers on Paramount+. They are exploring ways to make it happen.

• Like Like x 4
  5. 2fabdad

Really... Did it Really?? IMAX was born from Transformers. DOTM was Epic... AOE was great. Construct Bot/Lego transformers on the Big Screen. When Galvatron(welker voice) said "They are ruining Everything" I got 10 year old kiddie nostalgia goosebumps. The CIA baddie was so nasty and lockdown OMG. NOT everyone wants a Toy commercial every time. WFC had potential and lost out because they were trying too hard to Not be like the movies.
    Balance is required going forward.

• Like Like x 1
  6. decepticon seeker

decepticon seeker Sixshot

Could you give us more information?

7. 2fabdad

A Transformers TV show would be awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 2fabdad

Sorry my bad ... I was not referring to Nicky. I meant the main characters of of each major franchise. Disney will gobble up it's potential competition and lock it away so it can't compete. It's cheaper for them long term. Make No Mistake Disney wants to own it All..
    It's Just Good Business.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

Well this is concerning news, I'm afraid how it'll not only impact rotb but the Josh Cooley and Angel Manuel Soto films. As a whole if this means another studio getting the tf license then I'm ok with it. As much as I dislike Disney, if they did it it would mostly likely be better even if not that much . Ideally I'd like it to be picked up by Warner bros and treated similarly to DC films which have improved a lot over the last few years

• Like Like x 1
  10. 2fabdad

franchise had a healthy existance before 07.

Your Definition of healthy?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

I think you missed the point of the post of the guy I was responding to saying there would be an influx of new fans that don’t get it and I said didn’t that already happen with bayverse and then you started talking about the bayverse being all transformers awesome sauce. Lol. I think a well planned and well written transformer universe from the first movie would still be going strong. Paramount wouldn’t be sinking. I feel transformers must start at the ground level at this point and rebuild from scratch if they get a chance to after rotb.

• Like Like x 3
  12. 2fabdad

Paramount isn't sinking it's restructuring for the future. Transformers is going strong. Everything Transformers is awesome sauce if you know what to look for.

13. Lazlow007

Lazlow007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Snake Eyes really destroyed them then lol. I've heard Hasbro is likely to partner up with Universal. Hopefully Bonaventura Productions will be dropped as well.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Lore Keeper

Lore Keeper Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Streaming killed the Hollywood star. In my mind and in my car. We can't rewind, we've gone too far.

• Like Like x 5
  15. MacFormer97

MacFormer97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is not something that will happen overnight, and this also isn't a surprise. Paramount has been cutting back on blockbusters for years. And it will take many years to transition to a new strategy.

• Like Like x 2
  16. 2fabdad

I would enjoy A Transformers/Star Trek crossover.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Delzord

Delzord Well-Known Member

If they ever ended the deal with Paramount, Hasbro should try and build up their own production studio to the point where they can become the main producer for their movies, so they would then have full creative control, instead of partnering up with another big name studio who would again dictate the direction of the adaptations of their properties.

In response to this article, I would love to see the Hasbro brands be a focus on Paramount +, with spinoffs similar to what Disney are doing with the MCU. Focusing on less big budget movies could be a good sign - a smaller budget is the way to go IMO (although that isn't reflected in ROTB being 200m).

• Like Like x 3
  18. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Universal would probably just pick up the rights for them.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Yes, yes it was.

No it wasn't.

They were terrible movies. And interpretation of the military and IC was the most childsh interpretation i have ever seen in a mainstream movie.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Nako

Nako Well-Known Member

Hasbro better start shopping Transformers and Power Rangers to other movie studios. Curious to see what another Movie Studios could do with Transformers.

• Like Like x 2