Paramount Planning On Making Fewer Big Budget Theatrical Productions And Focus More On Paramount +

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Fc203, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

If Disney do buy them of course I guess. Though Hasbro do make toys based on Marvel characters anyway.

I thought Hasbro own Saban now, I'm confused.

2. Ravage Stanixa

Ravage Stanixa My Spark belongs to the TRUE Perfect Decepticon.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    as a third-party figure collector, I want Disney in Transformers only slightly more than I want ass cancer.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    It also makes it so the actors can be replaced as easy as a hollomatters Avatar.

Want Optimus to appear soft spoken in human form? Morgan Freeman. Oh no Morgan Freeman wants too much money for the sequel what are we going to do? Sam Elliott. You can still have all the voice actors in robot mode to!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

Disney bought Saban, and then Hiam Saban bought a part of his company back for pennies on the dollar, and Hasbro basically bought that. Disney still owns a small part, but not all of Saban as it was when they bought it

• Like Like x 1
  5. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

I will say if Disney gave transformers a show like the mandalorian I'd be insanely happy however transformers isn't profitable to the same level as star wars is so I don't see that happening

• Like Like x 1
  6. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    I totally agree and I would argue that if there's one thing Disney excels at, it's family friendly entertainment with inspiring messages of hope and optimism, precisely what good Transformers films should be. The bayverse films were often crude and pessimistic where every character is a shitty person I wouldn't want to spend 10 minutes with. Even Optimus Prime was an awful, murderous psychopath. He would rip a Decepticons face off and yell "raaah, I'll kill you!" And then turn around and deliver a dramatic, hollow "hope" speech. What an inspiring role model for children everywhere...

• Like Like x 3
  7. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    To specify I did mean in general about the franchise and not just the movies per say, because stuff like the Prime Wars Trilogy and Netflix has been helmed by a specific guy who literally wrote a fanfic about Optimus not dying in the 86 movie just to stick it to Hot Rod, and it was made official. :lol  So it’s not just a movie perspective where we need a good Kevin Feige. But no, you’re right about Lorenzo, no argument there.

cough cough I still really like TLJ but Rian being allowed to do what he wanted was a bad idea, they should’ve forced the filmmakers of the ST following a single plan or vision, for better or worse cough cough

• Like Like x 1
  8. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Disney's usual media is boring and bland, it is mostly well-advertised trashy material. Even Marvel movies feel entirely saltless to me most of the time and I regret seeing them everytime I have in the last few years.

But I would still be fine with them getting the license because the last few Transformers movies have been worse than boring and bland, they were actively annoying to watch.

• Like Like x 4
  9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Easy to do if you're doing one off shorts centered on a few bots.

10. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which would be better Disney gets Hasbro movies or Marvel gets Hasbro movies?

11. BlaminisPrime

BlaminisPrime Neighborhood cute boy

Twitter:
  12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I do agree that screwing up Star Wars isn't largely Johnson's fault, but personally The Last Jedi itself is a hillariously awful film since the majority of it is a very poorly set up space chase that only happens because Hux is possibly the most inept naval commander in fictional history.

RID 01 is the franchise that Hasbro likes to pretend doesn't exist, unfortunately - I mean, we could have gotten an easy RID Optimus Prime out of CW Hot Spot, instead they went with another G1 Inferno.

I just don't understand why it couldn't just go super meta and have Peter Cullen be holomatter human Optimus. Its not like the Transformers would know how to act human, they'd be awkward as hell, so if anything the fact Cullen doesn't have much live acting experience would only help.

The fact there wasn't a plan for how the sequel trilogy played out continues to astound me. Much like with what happened with Transformers, if you don't know what you're building up to, you can't build up to anything at all.

• Like Like x 5
  13. BlaminisPrime

Twitter:
    If they want to focuse on titles and established brands then wouldn't that mean its mooooore likely to get a hasbro renewal for more content?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just realized if Disney got Hasbro they would do a live-action My Little Pony movie.

15. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

I could see them doing an anthology of shorts similar to Animatrix, Halo Legends, and Star Wars Visions.

Aside from Sky-Byte.

16. BlaminisPrime

Twitter:
    "he outlined his strategy to lean into well-known franchises to reinvigorate Nickelodeon as a global brand for the streaming era."
    The new tf show is said to be on Nickelodeon. And its an established brain (as is snake eyes) there's no way they're dropping hasbro

17. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I would be fine with Cullen, I'm just illustrating a point.

18. DarkRed401

Maybe, it ultimately depends on rotb's performance. It seems they're interested in more low budget productions like cheaper films and shows which stands in contrast to what hasbro wants to do with transformers which is to make big blockbusters, I'd be funny if rotb succeeds and paramount ends up just letting hasbro have an even larger amount of control and serves as a studio solely for tf films

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Almost certainly. Transformers is worth more than the StarTrek franchise.

• Like Like x 4
  20. DarkRed401

*A24 buys the movie rights to transformers*

• Like Like x 6