1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Paramount Pictures Declare Transformers: Bumblebee Is Solidly Profitable

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jan 10, 2019.

1. fishpop

fishpop Squishy

Ebay:
    Cool, good to hear this! ^_^
    However; the fact that he mentioned the female lead/writer specifically worries me, as if he believes that they were the the sole/major reason for 'Bee's success.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Blablablablablablablabla

• Like Like x 4
  3. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:

At last. Total and Sweet Victory.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol. I think the article was referring to the Autobots.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SillyMcGilly

SillyMcGilly My jokes are deadly. My sarcasm is without mercy.

?

Shit, you really believe them? Lorenzo doesn't even hardly know ANYTHING about G1. And yet it's SUCH a G1 movie. YET HE says it's not a reboot. YEHEAH RIGHT.

I want this to be successful because if it isn't then that means bye bye to any future Transformers movies, INCLUDING a full 100% reboot. Or even Beast Wars which I'm hyped to know is on the list of possibilities now. Sheesh, this board is literally the worst sometimes with overly opinionated scumbags who treat these movie makers like slaves instead of creative minds who don't ACTUALLY have to follow the desires of you fools, yet they are trying anyway. Yet you STILL hate them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Or it really has become profitable now, and whether you liked the movie or not, no amount of "yeah but"s and moving goal posts is going to change that anymore.

• Like Like x 3
  7. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    Perhaps, but there was a noticeable improvement in both the lead actor and the writing, so it might have been at least a little something to with it.

• Like Like x 3
  8. SillyMcGilly

[​IMG]
    Cuz you know, good male writers don't exist.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  9. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't you give props to a talented writer and actress without people saying "what about the men?"

In fact, it might be super relevant to the transformers film franchise in particular, considering how gross Michael Bay was about his actresses. All those needless ass shots, and then spending 5 minutes of a movie explaining to the the audience (incorrectly mind you) how statutory rape worked in Texas? (remember this is a movie about giant alien robots) Why not just make the character 18, the actress was like 22! I think it's a good publicity move for Paramount to be saying to the larger community, "Hey, we're not perving on our underage characters in this movie, come check it out! Our actress is not just eye candy, and our writer can put together a sensible story now!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 13
  10. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    Of course they do, but not in the live action Transformers department. After five films with a lot of groan inducing (and frankly stupid) moments passed off as entertainment, this franchise was in need of a very different perspective.

• Like Like x 3
  11. SillyMcGilly

Actually, okay. I'll admit when I'm wrong and say that after Bay, Paramount did make a smart move by having a female writer and really relatable lead actress. I guess political vomit has tainted my view of things to the point of not recognizing good qualities.

• Like Like x 6
  12. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

This is good news glad some one at Paramount realized throwing money at Bay was not gonna make things betters. I wonder how many movies they can make before the audience gets tired of the Autobots always beating up the Decepticons, again.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ShanLan

ShanLan I is a WerWilf

The first Bay/Spielberg film turned Transformers into E.T nonsense, and this film just put tracing paper over that mess and cleaned it up a bit.
    I still don't understand why they left just enough scum from the Bay films in there to tie it in to this film.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Your laser fire is merely making me STRONGER!

For some reason I got REALLY confused by you two both having Kup avatars and quoting the same post - I thought it was the same guy posting twice when scrolling through!

Most likely to salvage what they could from the pre-production that could be passed off on its own in conjunction with a more G1 "filled out" style. For a film that had to get a complete overhaul following TLK shitting the bed, from what I know (as I have not seen the film, I refuse to support Paramount until Lorenzo gets shitcanned or proven to have no more influence as he's had in the past) they did an admirable job of retooling the prequel into a reboot with what they had.

Hopefully they'll go even more into a more classic look (not G1 necessarily, but more of what BB did and less of the abominations in AoE and TLK) and even give Bumblebee his voice back.

• Like Like x 2
  15. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE Well-Known Member

First Blood is ultimate.

16. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Nice to hear the film is doing well enough to be considered profitable, cuz I really loved the film and want more like it.

• Like Like x 3
  17. SillyMcGilly

Watch the damn movie, already. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I can heavily agree there. I hate to beat up the dead horse here, but Tf5 confirmed how incompetent the movies were.
    There's a lot of good talent, don't get me wrong, but it barely does anything.

It's the transformers a lot of people have been interested in. Not the humans. Not the product placements or the gorgeous women. (most people) It's the Transformers.

And Paramount finally gave that a chance with Bumblebee. It May not be at the best time either.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Your laser fire is merely making me STRONGER!

I know he talks in the Cybertron opening, but I'm talking about just letting him talk for an entire film.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JennAvenger

JennAvenger Well-Known Member

I for one would like to know what happen to Charlie in 2007 movie 1 onwards during Sam witwiky era...should they decided to make bee sequels