1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Paramount Pictures Declare Transformers: Bumblebee Is Solidly Profitable

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jan 10, 2019.

1. TommyHawk

TommyHawk Member

Fantastic, now to that unknown/unconfirmed party/person that gave a directive to remove all the prequel material from the final product, work your magic again and continue from here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Good news. The future is still shaky of course, but I'm glad that Bumblebee can be considered a success. Not because the OMGEEWUNNN!!!!!! parts (which I did love of course), but because it actually had heart, decent acting (aside from Cena) and above all else a COHERENT STORY with good execution, unlike anything Bay and company was able to accomplish in 4.5/5 movies. I hope there are more movies like it down the road but even if the Transformers movies end here, they went out on a fairly high note.

• Like Like x 3
  3. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    This news right here should be noted by the BW fans, as it was stated that a BW movie was one of the projects that was dependent on the success of this movie. This may be the start of the BW renaissance right here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Berser Car

Berser Car Well-Known Member

Tumblr:
    Good.

To be fair, I lost interest in the movie continuity at some point, but I would have no problem if new movies are set in that same universe, as long as they change the Bay formula and use what they learned from Bumblebee. I would welcome a new continuity with open arms too, of course.

I understand that people are invested in one continuity after following for ten years, and don't want it to end. But it when several details of that continuity are retconned with each movie, following becomes more of a headache.

• Like Like x 1
  5. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Great news. And the movie hasn't even come out in all countries yet!

6. Skyquake21

Skyquake21 Well-Known Member

This is not the end for our movies, dear fans...simply put....
    a new transformation 
    **theme song blasts**

• Like Like x 2
  7. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I saw Bee in the movies by myself over the holiday while everyone else was at work. After TLK, I just didn't have the heart to drag my family to another Transformers movie but I would see Bumblebee again with them in theaters and be confident that they would enjoy it throughout.

And at this point, I don't really care what the "studio" is calling this film. To me, it's a reboot. Please don't F up whatever comes after this.

• Like Like x 6
  8. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I\'m confused by what Afterburner, and Autobotstrider are trying to say, it just seems incoherent. But I\'m glad the movie is profitable, I do want more Transformers movies, and if they keep doing this sort of thing (let a writer create a solid story, let a competent director tell the story) I\'ll be happy with more!

• Like Like x 1
  9. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    did you break up with someone or did you get hurt?

• Like Like x 10
  10. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    lol

• Like Like x 8
  11. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

The BB movie saved the franchise by the combined power of G1 and the brand unification.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Your laser fire is merely making me STRONGER!

And in effect may have brought about the franchise reset that we should have gotten after 2011.

I can only hope we don't go another ten years without a reboot. It never works out with Transformers due to franchise, or in this case I guess continuity fatigue.

13. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

This is still Paramount, they're as likely to believe that the entire franchise still got life left in it because the newest movie was profitable. And then they'll follow with more of the old stuff.

I'm reserving any semblance of optimism until I'll see what's their next idea.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Your laser fire is merely making me STRONGER!

Same, but Hasbro was not happy with Paramount after AOE killed off marketable characters. TLK amusingly gave them an opening by getting HuaHua Media to abandon Bumblebee, giving Hasbro a way to buy a bigger slice of the pie and have more influence on what is Hasbro's property to begin with.

Paramount no longer has as much free reign as before and this is critical to fix the franchise.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Sir Spookii

Sir Spookii Active Member

I remember seeing someone making this point before and completely agreeing. Imagine working for Hasbro and all the characters you can make your money with have basically all been killed off for literally no reason? Remember Bay saying he literally just didn’t like Arcee?

It’s another reason why I think it’ll be a reboot because Hasbro is gonna make sure these characters aren’t going to be getting killed off so much and if they do make them actually meaningful. Since I’m sure Hasbro actually wants to make toys off them and be able to market better.

16. Oceanus Prime

Oceanus Prime Beyond your wildest desperation.

There is one way. Watch the g2 rap commercials.

• Like Like x 1
  17. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What pathetic joke not everything needs be g1 make movie successful transformers animated, prime, armada, robots in disguise cartoons was successful there was no g1 crap about those cartoons you old fans really need get stick out of you butts stop acting your better from all other transformer fans and learn try something new talk to new transformer fans that are fans thanks to bay movies and you will learn new transformer fans don’t care if it’s g1 bull crap or not they do NOT like g1 they don’t watch cartoons they read comics stop acting stuck up, snobbish think your better from new fans that you like transformers all your life longer than new fans have talk to new fans you will learn and know they do not know what g1 crap is

• Like Like x 1
  18. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Yeah! We need more G1 in the movies about as much as we need punctuation and grammatical structure in forum posts.

Oh, wait...

• Like Like x 12
  19. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    If talking to Bayformers fans are like listening to a nonsense stream of consciousness then I'd rather keep that stick up my ass. :D 

• Like Like x 9
  20. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

That's a lovely emotional meltdown you've got there but even this will fall before the mighty brand unification.

• Like Like x 5