Paramount is sitting on more completed Transit footage

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by CorePrime, May 23, 2024.

1. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Really wish they would release it because IMO it was easily the best fight scene in the film (and it was cut from the actual movie).

• Like Like x 3
  2. Johnson the third

Johnson the third Well-Known Member

idk if i mentioned this before but they are also clearly sitting on a (mostly?) completed version of the maximal cave scene according to the first trailer

• Like Like x 3
  3. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 狡猾の死神

News Credits:
    In general it feels like there was no plan or outline for where they were gonna go from Bumblebee, and it really shows.

It feels like there's an entire movie we're missing in-between their current situation on Earth in ROTB and the ending of Bumblebee... In general this entire thing is incredibly half-assed and feels like they're just going to end up connecting it to the Bayverse at the end of the day, not out of some sense of reverence but out of laziness and an attempt to make it look like this was all a part of the plan from the get-go.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    If they ever get that far (Paramount's on the verge of being sold after all), they're definitely going to connect it back to the Bayverse. All that has to happen is Unicron getting put inside Earth before the events of 2007 and boom - that's all the connection necessary.

• Like Like x 2
  5. JD The Last Autobot

JD The Last Autobot More Than Meet The Eyes

They can still make an interquel between Bumblebee and ROTB to solve that

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Except it wouldn't. Resuscitating the Bayverse is a bad idea, no matter how much Lorenzo seems convinced otherwise, because it's already a mess of retcons that can't be untangled past the surface layer as it is.

Plus, it would further prove Paramount doesn't have a long term plan. Caple, as much as I've always been convinced he's full of shit, is on record as saying he doesn't know where Megatron is. That's bad enough, not knowing where your MAIN VILLAIN is, but this also means it's going to look very, very bad if it turns out Megatron's still under Hoover Dam.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 狡猾の死神

News Credits:
    I mean... sure, they COULD do that... but we already know how it's gonna end so I don't really see the point in doing that now when they should've done so before. Who really cares what happened before when we know it's just gonna end in failure and yet another miserable, Snyder-adjacent Optimus Prime??

• Like Like x 2
  8. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    They could, but I highly doubt they will. If they wanted to do that they would have made it before ROTB. Also, jumping around in the timeline like that would get confusing for casual viewers.

I think it was a dumb decision to move away from the '80s though. The '80s setting was one of the most praised aspects of the Bumblebee movie, and '80s nostalgia is still a thing (even if it seems to be on the decline a bit). They should have milked that for (at least) one more movie while they had the chance. I bet an ensemble Transformers movie set in the '80s would have done really well. Could've had the next movie set in the '90s. Feels like they had a good thing going and didn't really take advantage of it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SideSwipe154

SideSwipe154 Not a Decepticon

This footage explains where Optimus got the gash on the right side of his vehicle mode we see throughout the movie. Id love to see a more finalized version of the transit fight.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  10. xyz123

xyz123 Well-Known Member

May be just me but I don't see any gash, where exactly is it? Having battle wounds that don't magically disappear is a super cool idea.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CorePrime

CorePrime Well-Known Member

The only gash I remember is the brief one following the first Scourge encounter. But that was it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SideSwipe154

SideSwipe154 Not a Decepticon

Sorry for the unclear image, I have since updated with a better picture. The gash is at the silver panel near the exhaust pipe.

• Like Like x 2
  13. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lorenzo di Bonaventura: And it's mine! All Mine! Muhahahahaaaaa.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cashtron527

Cashtron527 Well-Known Member

Theres also a scene where optimus rams scourge, i'm still pissed that didn't make it into the movie, companies spend too much money filming scenes that end up not being in the movie, but then they also reshoot the movie which makes it even more expensive.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  15. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    It's awesome to see Gi DaSilva as Optimus here! Thank you for sharing this!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 Lone Wanderer

That was such a cool practical shot, entirely wasted on the cutting room floor. So sad. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Completely agree. Optimus vs Transit had such great fight choreography. It felt really intense and got you on the edge of your seat. Props for Transit being just a mook and coming really close to actually killing Optimus.

Had they included that scene it would haven given a better sense of power scaling. In that it would set Optimus really being capable of taking down foes much larger than himself and I think it would have made the 1st Optimus vs Scourge a much bigger suprise.

In the final cut having Optimus vs Scourge be his first fight in the movie, it just made Optimus look incompetent and even clumzy at fighting. So...

RELEASE THE TRANSITCUT!!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  18. SheepWeaver95

SheepWeaver95 Well-Known Member

Paramount Studios: Why Save Money when you can Burn it?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cybertronian idiot

Cybertronian idiot Well-Known Member

They should release the footage for the 1st anniversary.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's likely more that they don't want the original ending of the scene included. Optimus Prime grabbing Transit's corpse after killing him and dragging it over before dumping his body into the river where it joins countless other corpses of Decepticons that Optimus has slaughtered could potentially damage the brand image of Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 1