Paramount Is Not Working On A Sequel For Transformers: The Last Knight

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Script currently, no.
    Production side though, yes.

Prime is the current focus right now though.
    Next forward movie, depends on when a director announcement is ready, and the story that's ready and wants to be told.

Nice try though with taking it out of context for spin.
    Gets really tiring that fake areas keep doing that though and twisting what's said to mean more than it does. But that's expected from wannabes that lie about being connected to paramount or hasbro.

Plans are already in motion, the rest is all marketing and people jumping to conclusions by making assumptions. Wait until something solid is ready to be announced.

2. marktron

marktron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you have a very Weird concept of Logic ... you are not engineer of course. You must use my words to be Logical.
    Your post is not approved by Shocwave.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Which is bullshit and you very well know it. The movie isn't due until 2021, whatever it is, because they're still trying to figure out what direction to go in. However, you have not acknowledged at any point that Hasbro has said at least two times in succession that Bumblebee is a point marking a new storytelling universe.

Plus, why the fuck would they begin production if they don't have a script? The last time this happened we got ROTF. We ALL know how that shitshow went down and I bet after Bumblebee, getting something as low as a ROTF tier film is a no-go for Paramount.

Oh, you mean the Optimus Prime film? The one Lorenzo is on record as saying he thinks will not happen?

Like, your information is all over the place and is often incorrect. You are speaking in vague terms - absolutely nothing you say here can be confirmed or denied because there is no information to back or debunk your claims.

Dude, you are on record with @SilverOptimus stating you are not somebody who would be privy to information, and given most of your information is dead wrong or so vague that you're basically taking the shotgun approach to trying to guess the next direction of the films to make yourself look better, you really don't have a reliable track record either. What exactly are you getting out of pretending to be in the know when you are not?

Even if you are supposedly in a position in the film inustry to know anything - which you've done nothing to actually prove and everything to suggest you don't know anything about the process - surely you of all people would understand the rammifications of the producer of these films running his mouth about the future of the franchise. Plus, if it's just marketing, why the fuck is it blatantly misleading, confusing, and likely incorrect outright? Seems to me like something to be worried about no matter how many times you can turn your back on that burning wreck called TLK and say 'everything is fine' with a straight face.

Shockwave woudn't approve of you not knowing how to spell his name, but he also wouldn't approve of basically spending money on a sequel to a film that lost money to such a degree that the sequel itself would lose even more because people don't want more of that anymore.

• Like Like x 11
  4. Jalen Frisby

Jalen Frisby BumblebeeLover

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

Okay, Stop okay. Just Stop.

• Like Like x 11
  5. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just realized us Transformers fans are asking for the TF movies to be reboot, but instead the MCU might be getting rebooted in Endgame. The wrong people heard the word reboot.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    Being a bit late to the party here, has this poster ever stated what he/she does in the industry, and exactly what his/her relationship to the movies and/or Paramount is?

7. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Nope.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Jalen Frisby

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah @Deadend keeps saying he has connections but, he's doesn't say who or what, seems like he's bullshitting.

• Like Like x 5
  9. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    I see. I’m not looking to start drama, so I’ll give him/her the benefit of the doubt. With that said, putting aside the substance of the posts, it did seem strange to me that someone who purports to be involved in the films would risk their job by posting supposedly proprietary information on a well trafficked transformers board. But who knows.

10. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    It's not just that, it's been confirmed by staff that he has never been involved with the Transformers films at any point.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jalen Frisby

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    and he has the gall to say he does?

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    The moderators confirmed that he has no connections to Paramount or Hasbro a while back. Apparently none of the moderators were aware of him, even though he claimed they knew who he was. Some of the mods' connections (who are verified) claim he's fake. I used to buy into what he said, but eventually I realized a lot of it was really fishy. Supposedly he consults for these movies, to the point of being the reason for some major decisions, (like Arcee being triplets and Dragonstorm existing) but he isn't credited. I don't think that's even allowed. Also, he didn't have to sign an NDA, despite the fact that Bay is known for extreme secrecy.

Some of what he's said has directly contradicted official sources. For instance, he claimed that Unicron being inside Earth in TFP was a "test run" for the movieverse. But a few months later, it came out that decision was actually a creative choice by the TFP studio, and had nothing to do with a Hasbro mandate. He also said that the Izabella character was always written as Latina, which is the opposite of what the actress said. According to her, the character wasn't written as Latina, and the Spanish dialog was improvised after she was cast.

There's still a part of me that wants to believe he's legit, because some of it's pretty cool, but all evidence points against it. It just seems too fantastical. What he describes isn't a real job. They don't allow fans to just waltz in and make major decisions. Consultants are a thing, but not at the level he talks about, and certainly not uncredited and without an NDA. Stuff like Dragonstorm was almost surely conceived in the writer's room, or by Bay himself.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's kind of too late for this shift. It should have happened 2 movies ago. Now is the opportune time to catch G1 fans while they're in their 30s. But it's too late. Lorenzo has killed any momentum that Bumble Bee started. I can't trust a decent movie will ever be made with Lorenzo and Bay still hanging around.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the G1 fanbase, as much as I hate to say this...the next movie in development should be Beastwars; the people that grew up with BW should be at that point in their life where they can spend money on the franchise.

Our moment was stolen by Lorenzo and Bay and 20 years from now the seeds that were laid by Bay and fertilized for 10 years will germinate and the Bayverse will continue. Myself, I'm considering a personal boycott of Paramount over this matter.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

As someone who grew up with Beast Wars, I can't trust these guys to not screw that up too. The poisoning of the well goes deeper than you might think.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    He had the gall to declare that he was privy to information that SilverOptimus was not. With, of course, zero proof.

Absolutely not.

And I say this because Paramount still hasn't proven they understand what they did right with Bumblebee. Beast Wars needs to have a competent writing staff - hell, I'd just about die if they brought back as many of the original guys as possible - and Transformers...just doesn't have that credibility.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  16. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I don't quite agree that it's too late. I have my reservations about the future of the brand, but I have hope. I doubt Lorenzo's remarks have been noticed by the average moviegoer. And not everyone who's nostalgic for G1 hangs around fansites to see them. I think Lorenzo may have put a dent the goodwill Bumblebee built up in terms of the handcore fans, but I don't think he's ruined it for the majority of viewers.

I think the next movie will determine whether or not Bumblebee was a fluke, or the wave of the future. I'm not expecting another 93% on Rotten Tomatoes from the next one, and I don't think other people should either. That would be great, but I'm not expecting it. But I don't think whatever comes next needs to be quite as stellar as Bumblebee. Honestly, Transformers isn't that hard to mess up, it's not a horribly complex or deep property. They just need to find a director who cares at least a little about the brand.

17. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

So Bay is finally getting the break that he desired for so long? Good for him!

• Like Like x 2
  18. JennAvenger

JennAvenger Banned

beast wars you say?? sure why not?! i'd love to see some chickens and ducks fight each other....oh throw in some snakes, hamster, spiders, mosquito ,leeches , ants, platypus, cats, dogs, rabbit along the way....maybe can do crossover with Pikachu as well!! lmfao!!

19. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    I know you're not serious, but that sounds pretty awesome to me!
    Not sure the general movie-going audience would be into it though..

• Like Like x 1
  20. Oceanus Prime

Oceanus Prime Beyond your wildest desperation.

What? Have you watched Beast Wars? At all? What are you talking about?

• Like Like x 5