Paramount Continues To Work With Hasbro To Produce Transformers Movies

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Because it all depends on this movie to be successful.

2. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

I may not be a fan of how Bumblebee the movie looks at this point, but this seals the deal that more movie toys will be produced.

3. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

Pacific Rim: Uprising was godawful, because it's missing the biggest, greasiest heart for giant robots, Guillermo Del Toro. Everything you love in that 1st movie? All gone, total disappointment. F*** that piece of garbage, it actually made me like The Last Knight a tad bit more than I should :banghead: 

4. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Still hyped as fuck for Rise of the Beasts

News Credits:
    You're too exaggerating,uprising is fine. I enjoyed it better than the first one actually. But worse than TLK? Nah,TLK was much worse. I hate that to the core,it can go to hell.

5. oo a toi

oo a toi Well-Known Member

A cartoon? Of all things, why a cartoon? That is an instant pass. I would rather they just add a 20 minute battle scene with new Jaegers and Kaiju with no context after the credits of some generic summer blockbuster.

6. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Awesome !
    I need that grand finale with Unicron. I knew I had read something about the Bayverse continuing down the line. I knew I wasnt crazy. You had all these people saying Bayverse is dead after the Bumblebee movie. Where you guys at ? I cant hear you...lol. All 5 movies were awesome in their own right. The movie snob crowd tried their hardest to trash a perfectly good franchise, and it didnt work...Ha !

7. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

I'm probably still pissed that they had that poor remix of the theme song and the way they handled the fate of the characters from the 1st movie and the new cast wasn't really doing it for me. But no, it's not worse than TLK obviously. I liked the fun comical style of the 1st PR, so Uprising feels like a major disappointment overall. As for TLK, I'm already expecting it to be s*** from the get go, so the disappointment is considerably less terrible.

8. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Still hyped as fuck for Rise of the Beasts

News Credits:
    I enjoyed it mostly for the fight, it's more fast pacing yet we can still feel the heaviness of the jaegers imo. It also created plot holes about the objective of the precursors, jack being idris elba's son, etc but I could let that slide. The fight and mech designs are the highlight of uprising for me.

On a side note, is that fuunsaiki in your profile picture?

To stay on topic : so paramount intend to do more transformers movies in the future, whether reboot or not. But with hasbro having more control, we can expect better movies than what bay made, can't we? I heard that creativity control was mostly held by paramount, resulting the unrecognizable characters and unfitting personality (for some bots) for the sake of 'cool'. But with hasbro having more involvement now I can expect better movies in the future.

9. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

What changed? Hasbro is still more in control of the movies and will not stay with a sunken ship. This is why you’re going to have a more g1 introduction in the bee movie. The chances of the bayverse getting resurrected are slim for the next twenty years at least. Right now I’m hoping the bee movie does well enough with the general public, to warrant additional movies of any kind. That’s how bad the public’s view of transformers movies is.

10. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    And yet it shares so many design cues. Look, I saw the trailer and it looked better but there's no denying this is a Bayformer spinoff.

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bumblebee only has a 70 million budget?

Wow.

12. Rated X

Rated X Banned

I just know its gonna happen. Im not expecting another 3 or 4 movies. Im just expecting the long awaited grand finale. Hasbros going all in on studio series for 2 more years keeping Bayverse relavant so I forsee it. I think its gonna be for the fans, not the movie snobs. No superstar actors, no historical sets that cost a fortune. Just a good continuation with a solid ending to the storyline and plenty of CGI graphics. If we were going by the publics opinion of Bayverse, the studio series line wouldnt even exist. So I do see it happening.

13. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could actually see that working as its own movie. Though if I might add, the Stunticons should do some really complex, high-stakes heist job, kind of like the villains from Die Hard.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

And now it's being reported Travis Knight is being tapped to pick up Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3... Sounds like Marvel asked Hasbro for a little more than just help in producing merchandise. Kind of ironic considering which side is the more successful film franchise..

Will Hasbro at least try to commit ROM to film?

15. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I was thinking something like a heist movie for the combaticons and then realised that the stunticons fit that way better. But god I’m just imagining them just being a bunch of shit heads the entire time. And they’re the protagonists technically.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Villain protagonists aren't exactly uncommon in film and television. :)  The Sopranos, Scarface, Breaking Bad, The Godfather, I could go on.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    It shares design cues, yes, but that doesn't determine the quality of the movie. I mean, this was meant to be a prequel (well, it may be a soft reboot now, who knows) so they couldn't completely redesign Bumblebee for example. Though, the Bots are more solid looking for sure.

18. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The bolded part is exactly why it wouldn't happen that way. What studio would plunk down the funds knowing it won't appeal to more than a niche crowd?
    I can see and completely understand the desire for closure, but honestly the addition of Unicron just seemed like a gimmick to make audiences, who generally somewhat gave up on the movie franchise, want more.
    The studios see numbers, and the movies started under-performing. If they didn't, I'm sure movie six would be coming out instead of the lower budget soft reboot that Bumblebee seems to be.

I was a really big fan of the live action movies until Dark of the Moon. Even then, I enjoyed it to a pretty decent degree. Age of Extinction was a real let down, and The Last Knight was the breaking point.
    Personally, I don't care one way or another whether the series gets closure. It's no longer for me, so if it never happens I'll live.
    Bumblebee looks to be a good movie so far, so if this is the direction the movies go, it may rekindle my like for them.

19. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Well I think AOE and TLK were both awesome movies. The problem is the movie snobs killed it for everyone. It became like a monkey see monkey do thing "oh dont go see TLK cause it sucks" and it started a chain reaction of mindless zombie protests against the film. Not to mention the production company got it wrong trying to appeal to movie snobs in the first place because theres no pleasing them. Hopefully the production company learned their lesson. Transformers movies are better suited for a crowd of fans who dont follow actors, base opinions on numbers, or critique storylines. The movies dont suck. The fandom sucks. The same fandom that gets all touchy about IP theft, doesnt even support the creative direction the IP owners chose to take. Transformers fans are becoming like Star Wars fans. Total divas. I love me some Bayverse just as much as I love the G1 cartoon I grew up with. Movies are supposed to be fun. People who turn movie watching into a sport ruin it for everybody.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  20. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    If you're considering looking into Mortal Engines I'd suggest reading the books. Going by trailers you can see that Hollywood decided to water-down and sugar-coat the content. From the casting I can see that they decided to drop some of the heavier themes from the story. It's a pity, I loved the books when I was young. Mainly for some disturbing themes and dubious morality. It's supposed to be a postapocaliptic wasteland world where they make food out of captured people and the trailers don't really serve that tone :(