Paramount and TF 5 News at CinemaCon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Veritas Prime, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Actually, money is everything to any corporation. Without it, they would most likely cease to exist or cease to create anything in the line that isn't earning them any money. Not so sure I'd feel so strongly about the movies that I'd say I'd riot. They're just movies. If I don't think I'll like it, I won't see it. It's just that simple.

Here's the thing. Some fans think the product is crap. Yet to the people who make the decisions, it's all about numbers. And if the numbers tell them it's making them money, then it's telling them it's at least "good enough." Maybe not "good enough" in your eyes, but they're not too overly worried about your opinion on that, or mine. Also, keep in mind that the more money the movie verse makes, there is a likelihood that the other lines of TFs may.....just may improve over time if budget constraints can be loosened up a bit with more influx of money to the right places.

Honestly, being this upset over something that really isn't all that important in life is rather nice. Not to troll, but it tells me you really don't have any other real life problems to worry about if you're this passionate over some toys and a movie that really.....doesn't affect life at all. And, it also serves to feed the real trolls who would get a laugh out of reading your posts, because at least one obnoxious troll already said it did in this thread.

You know, I never did mind the first 3. I found them entertaining. The last one? Outright garbage. But hey....if it helps to fund other lines too, then...I'm not gonna gripe if the products coming out in the future are worth it. Look at the CW line. A lot of people love it (even though there's also a good number that don't.) But arguably, and this is just my speculation, I don't think it would have been possible without funding coming from somewhere.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  2. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Sheeple? Really? The guy who throws a fit about people using the word "Geewun" has no issue calling others "sheeple?"

3. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Tempe, AZ
    Can't beat em? Join em ;) 

4. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Ah yes, the proverbial double standard. I love it :D 

5. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Fixed for you.

6. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Thanks for making my point.

7. Shin-Gouki

News Credits:
    More like there is nothing I can do about it so fight fire with fire :D 

8. Dark Skull

News Credits:
  9. Zilla

Zilla I Want Them All

I love all the butt-hurt in the TF fandom over Bay. Don't you realize you've been posting/spamming the same thing for going on a decade. (just deal with it already)

And why should Hasbro even listen to any of you? You said Beast Wars was gonna kill Transformers, You said Animated was gonna kill Transformers and you said the movies would kill Transformers...

10. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Mustachelle

News Credits:
    As long as gee-wunners keep whining, we'll keep seeing it.

And by the way, I don't really mean it. But the same issue you have with that "derogatory" word works both ways Shin.

Again there are other facets of the franchise that can be visited. Not everyone is going to like all of it.

11. Shin-Gouki

News Credits:
  12. Shin-Gouki

News Credits:
    I know, in all honesty it was a poorly chosen word on my part out of my frustration over getting more of the same.

Sad part is there is not a single current Transformers narrative source I like. I don't like RID 2.0 (Once it get's a couple of seasons in the can I'll give it another try, but right now no), I don't like the IDW Comics and I certainly don't like Captain Toilet Humor Explosion Fest Bay's Movies.

One Word. NO!

13. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can we say the same about Bay ruined my childhood?

14. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey you know that horribly traumatic experience that you had that will stay with you the rest of your life, well that's just like my experience when I heard that Michael Bay was going to work on TF5. A disgusting comparison.

15. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Of course.

16. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

Damn, that's pretty scary when you realise some people on here have been saying the exact same things about something they dislike for almost 10 years.

That's uh, dedication I guess, also kinda weird too.

17. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Are the Transformers only an action title really. Hell even G1 had epsiodes of depth that far exceed Bays capacity for human emotion.

The only way his reign of terror will end is either by act of god or if you people stop shelling out cash for the horrible movies. It wont get better if you keep paying to keep it this way. God and to think I feel bad for the turtles fans too . lol

18. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

When shits broke you dont just sit there and go yep do ya! Although the only time we had a gripe big enough to make the studio step in was the horrible head design for megatron . They changed it .:) 

19. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I do honestly feel that while I enjoy the films the biggest hinderance to them is Bay as a director.
    With that said I have to ask: has it been specified if Bay is directing or is he simply producing this time? and how much of a difference does that make (IE TMNT had Bay producing but not directing if I recall correctly; how was that film?)

20. agent j 15

agent j 15 poopity-scoop

Agreed, and I edited the post. I went beyond overboard, and I apologize to whomever I offended. I stand by the original message though - I really do NOT want Bay associated with these films. However, I doubt my bitching will solve much of anything. That being said, it's still baffling to me how critics can continue to tear these movies a new one every time they come out, how most of the general public can say they hate it, and yet people still go to watch it and they rake in piles of cash. I'm being serious, about 3/4 of the people I meet, whenever Transformers comes up in conversation, say how shitty the Bay films are. How they keep happening is beyond my comprehension.