Panlos Brick Super Deformation Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Dec 24, 2019.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    833 pieces.
    Bricks are of excellent quality, except for some of the black pins that sometimes don't want to fully go in because of a slightly too thick middle ridge.
    Amazing engineering on paper, transformation is pretty complex. A bit similar to what we've seen with ROTF Prime toys (legs, torso, arms), but with some new twists.
    A very fun build, lots of different techniques used.
    Less painful than Bumblebee to transform, but still challenging. Less likely to explode than Bumblebee. I ended up adding a few drops of super glue in some of the key spots to ease the transformation process.
    Also hard to balance in robot mode, backpack is heavy (not as bad as Bee's though) and the robot has no heels (I modded the front bumper to fix that: now the outer parts swing out to create proper heels). While it has a lot of poseability and that the joints are individually pretty solid, because of the size and weight, it's mostly theoretical. You find THE key spot to balance it and you leave it there.
    Very clean in bot mode imo. Truck mode is particularly convincing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RETROTHRUST

RETROTHRUST Best-Known Member

Where did you get it? I ordered it and got the lame 917 piece version.

3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    AliExpress...

Which set did you get?