Pangu Toys - PT-01 - Commander

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ArkhamSoldier, Mar 8, 2023.

1. datterboy

datterboy Autobot Loyalist

Ebay:
    Got mine in yesterday. My shipment came with 3 punctures that went through the shipping box and the figure box. 2 were big and 1 was small. Overall solid.

- Paint looks solid with no issues I can see
    - Floppy backpack
    - Torso to Waist does not sit flush. As though it will not seat completely so leaves a gap I can't even muscle together. This one is really bothering me and considering contacting ShowZ about it.
    - Matrix is loose and can fall out if tilted at the right angle

Everything else is fine. Issues with being "floppy" mostly has to do with the ratchets not being strong enough for the sheer weight of the pieces they were meant to support but I have n to had any issues holding any basic poses. I don't do kung fu poses so have not tested the extreme end of it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ratzo99

Ratzo99 Well-Known Member

Mine had a puncture to both the shipper and product box too, but nothing was damaged on the figure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Mine also, but only to the shipper

4. Ratzo99

Yeah, I REALLY like this figure, great presence. I still haven't transformed him, and parts need tightening, but overall, he just gives me a huge smile. Well worth the price. I'd buy a nemesis or magnus repaint.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  5. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got mine this morning. Similar issues such as the backpack and a general overall rickety feeling.

He's so close to being perfect. A few more passes for QC checks and he would be the definitive OP in my collection.

Third time's the charm, eh Pangu? C'mon, surely you can refine it enough.

6. Ratzo99

Still haven't tried to transform it (I definitely will), but I love this guy. I painted his eyes, and added a really rough emblem to his shoulder. Just try to tell me he doesn't look spectacular! IMG_9726.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  7. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He doesn't l-.... loo----- *ahem* He doesn't looooooo... nope, can't do it.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    It is what it is, lol @ the electronics or removal of :p 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ratzo99

Yup...still loving it, no issues with transformation (so far). It's sort of surprising there's so little buzz/chat around this figure, but I suppose there's an oversaturation of Op figures, and ones this large are kind of niche – plus the initial release had arm trouble so maybe this version is not selling too fast?
    IMG_9739.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  10. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've seen several people say they were considering the figure and lost interest when they saw the arm issue. A company can issue replacement parts but they can't get a second chance at a first impression. It's also possible that not as many people are interested in owning an 18" Optimus because it's huge and hard to find display space for and because there is zero chance that he'll ever be part of a wider collection like other scales are.

• Like Like x 3
  11. krysuk

krysuk Well-Known Member

my toy coloured arrived today, at this size he will have to sit with my titan collection, just waiting on his eyes to dry after painting them, then will have better look over the figure and tighten up anything that’s too loose, but first impressions for around £65 delivered to uk in around 1 week I’m happy, the box is HUGE - this would be the perfect gift for a kid (or any transformers fan really)

• Like Like x 1
  12. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there a way to tighten the ratchets in the hips?

13. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The outward ratchets? If this is just like the MS version, I don't think you can do enough to make a difference. With my first MS-02, they were so soft that I didn't think they were ratcheted. I took everything apart and strengthened the springs which only made the clicking sound more evident, but because of the design it didn't get any better as far as feel. It's probably better to add friction to the joint to make them more solid cuz the ratchets on this figure aren't cutting it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

• Like Like x 2
  15. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @MV Steve Cheers for the info. Guess I'll just try to add some friction like you suggest.

16. krysuk

krysuk Well-Known Member

As stated a few days ago, mine arrived in good form, tightened a few screws across the legs and arms, also pledge'd the backpack and since then he has survived my cat trying to push him over constantly (he's been on the floor so not far to fall) anyway thought the thread should have another pic.. prob going to transform him in a bit.. wish me luck

Edit: almost forgot, painted those dead empty clear yellow eyes (thought about putting in some led's but thought better of it)

IMG_4462.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  17. ssjgoku22

ssjgoku22 Well-Known Member

My box also came damaged. Shipping box was punctured and so was the figures box. Oddly though, the plastic on the outside of the box had no holes on it. Makes me think they're receiving some of the boxes damaged from Pangu. Pretty lame. I contacted Show Z and they credited me some points.

• Like Like x 1