Pangu Toys - PT-01 - Commander

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ArkhamSoldier, Mar 8, 2023.

1. Louis

Louis Well-Known Member

Bullshit - The lunar new year Holiday was over on Feb 17th with celebrations coming to an end on the 20th it is now March 18th. Pangu has had a whole F**kn month to come out with some sort of statement and we hear nothing.

• Like Like x 3
  2. PurpleStuf

PurpleStuf Pastor of Muppets

News Credits:
    Agreed. They've had plenty of time to address the issue and the radio silence from Pangu is pretty damning at this point.

3. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Then contact ShowZ.

I myself am waiting on updates for the broken part on my figure.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Same here, waiting on updates, it's hard to be patient, especially with a broken figure, but you need to understand this is a huge logistical mess and Show Z can only do so much, ultimately it will depend on Pangu's toys efforts to fix their screw ups and their response will inform many of us if we will ever by another figure from them again, because lets face it this is a huge screw up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Louis

Louis Well-Known Member

I already did contact Showz and I was told they are waiting on the manufacture which is Pangu and Like I said already to your previous statement they have have had more then enough time to make a statement.

6. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What do you want from me man? LOL

Is getting pissed off really how you want to spend your time? :) 

• Like Like x 10
  7. MP Collector

MP Collector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got done transforming this thing for the first time. I still love this mold…I still feel like I got good value for this thing…but it is floppy as heck. More than likely that I will be able to tighten it up, but feels amateurish out of the box.

• Like Like x 3
  8. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    genuinely me reading that ---> :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  9. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Is there currently only v1 releases available or is there a second, "fixed" version out there as well?

10. Sataninjaku

Sataninjaku Mass Nerderer

Ebay:
    I've been lucky in that all but the torso /waist connection are reasonably tight, but it's certainly not on par with something Hasbro would put out... or should put out, I should say, because we all know how that goes.

I'm just trying to remind myself that if it was official, it likely would have cost twice as much.

I'd feel far differently if I'd have gotten a broken arm, though.

• Like Like x 3
  11. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    I seem to have got lucky with the PT lottery, mine seems pretty good and now understand what people are saying about hollower plastic. The waist isn't flimsy, but it is loose. Someone mentioned something about second batch being better and for what it's worth, mine came from China. I only say this, as I know everything comes from China, but EU and US tend to get first dibs on releases nowadays and China follows last. Maybe that gives companies time to improve / fix the China destined releases??

Never bothered to look on my original MS version but why are the mushroom pegs so much higher / longer / taller on the starscream and battle damage heads? Put one on and thought nope, too much neck!. Shame

• Like Like x 3
  12. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some people like being pissed off. I do. Well, not like it but I dunno, there's like a rush or something that is satisfying in some way. I don't really understand it and it actually drives me crazy especially since I've been trying to get over it for decades. I feel like I'm finally making progress, though, so that's nice - mostly I just try to avoid hanging out in the kinds of situations that piss me off (which is why I completely gave up on competitive multiplayer video games).

Anyway, my point, such as it is, is that yeah some people do want to spend their time pissed off even if they don't actually realize it. It sucks, though, so for anybody like this, maybe try therapy or something.

• Like Like x 4
  13. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Such a shame this thing has so many QC issues.

14. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah, just the one. It just so happens that the majority of copies have that issue.

• Like Like x 2
  15. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, its mostly the arm problem? I've been reading people complaining about plastic quality also and that this figure might not last that long because its fragile.

16. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't mean to discount those people's opinions but that's speculation. We don't know that the figure is fragile aside from the shoulders. And that wouldn't be qc - QC is "quality check," as in making sure that you don't send out a product with known defects. The shoulders qualify as QC but potentially low quality plastic does not.

Also, thus far I'm not aware of anybody having the shoulder break after receiving the figure - all the reported breaks have come out of the box that way. People smarter than I seem to think that's indicative of a manufacturing defect - over tightening the screws - though it's likely exacerbated by the low quality plastic.

Anyway, I transformed mine, messed with all the joints, and posed him and I didn't see anything to worry about beyond, of course, the broken shoulder he had out of the box. I'm not trying to excuse Pangu but let's not exaggerate either. Assuming they come through with a fix for the shoulders, I think we'll eventually have a decent quality figure, at least for the money we spent on him.

Note that I fixed my shoulder shortly after receiving him so it's a lot easier for me to be optimistic about this figure than it is for people who've been staring at a one-armed Optimus while waiting with bated breath for word on the fix.

• Like Like x 3
  17. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I understand people's frustration on this figure. As I mentioned, I too have been waiting on parts. Who likes it when out of the box, their figure is broken, and to boot, it cost you a lot of money. I understand that the Chinese Lunar New Year has already come about, but note that factory workers in China (from what I've read) takes a while to get back to work. Compound that with factories (assuming shared) have a production schedules. This means that replacement parts might take a while to be put into the cycle. Should they (Pangu) have put in a certain percentage of parts for replacements factored in? I sure hope so.

I want my parts replaced, but I won't get that by getting mad. I have other things to do and devote my time to. I'm thinking of doing the temporary mod, just so I can play with the figure. :) 

In any case, I do hope we get the parts we need soon. We just have to be patient. :) 

• Like Like x 5
  18. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    I think that's the only REAL issue. I don't believe the plastic quality is low, but it was a matter of "math". At this scale, more people were of the feeling the plastic should be scaled up along with it in some way. As it is, the plastic "feels" weaker, but I believe that is personal perception. Don't get me wrong (either), there is some reality to the plastic issue, but I feel it has to do more with formulation than actual quality. Short review sometime in a "few" days.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ratzo99

Ratzo99 Well-Known Member

Seems to be a theme with dude. Taking this toy shenanigans way too seriously. He's got like 8 trillion posts in this thread. Found him rude to me as well, so don't take it personal.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ratzo99

Ratzo99 Well-Known Member

Really good post! You have great self-awareness. Best of luck on the anger management.

• Like Like x 3