Pangu Toys - PT-01 - Commander

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ArkhamSoldier, Mar 8, 2023.

1. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Is there a sticker set for it out there?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Louis

Louis Well-Known Member

Really what they should be doing is sending out a whole new arm with assy that you replace at the very next spot past the breakage that requires a simple screw to be removed ( The point where the butteryfly joints swivels out of the body) That is what those f**kers should be doing. No one should have to do an operation like this on their figure.

Also retailers should be taking the fn listing down until further notice. I was not happy with showz's obsure answer either as I was told simply that they requested replacement parts for all the shipments that were sent out from Pangu. I am not sure Showz knows exactly what is required here to perform this surgery. Send out the whole damn assembly!

• Like Like x 4
  3. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

Anyone received words from showz about this issue?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Louis

Louis Well-Known Member

All I was told was the following from Abbythecat on the showzstore thread

They will send the replacement parts to us more than enough to cover all the orders
    Just go through our after sales process and we will send the fix part

• Like Like x 2
  5. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I agree with this, however, on this figure, that next spot past the breakage (the butterfly joint in the torso) is pinned in and requires disassembly of nearly the whole figure to get to that point and it's not an easy pin to access for removal. As much as it's a pain to press that shoulder ratchet pin out and also drill into the broken post to hold it so it can be unscrewed, in the long run I think it's less work to deal with.

Under normal parts replacement I'm not one to raise a further complaint and demand compensation, but under these circumstances, I think ShowZ (or any store dealing with this) should be pushing Pangu for credit so that they can send us our replacement parts and $20 (2000 points) to compensate. This way the stores aren't out cuz its not their fault. $10 seems to be the standard credit but this is more widespread and involves more work that a lot of people might not know how to, or be comfortable with doing, so I don't think $20 is unreasonable, especially now that the price is higher on this figure.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Maxymal

Maxymal Well-Known Member

Someone made their own using tape in this thread, sorry not sure if there is a sticker yet.

7. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why a credit? I don't understand why the problem being widespread makes it worse for any individual buyer. If I were the only person who had it break, I'd be in exactly the same position as if everybody's broke. Either way I'm getting a replacement part (or in my case, repairing it myself cuz I'm too impatient to wait for a part).

So I don't think there's any getting around the need to remove that broken off post. They either send the entire upper body or people just need to figure out how to remove the post. If anybody can't, then the only other solution would be to send like half the figure, right? Like from the waist up? Which, I mean, that's not unheard of so maybe that's what they'll end up doing.

• Like Like x 3
  8. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My only reason for stating like that is, acknowledged as a widespread issue and not accidental QC puts more fault/accountability on the manufacturer. Pair that with the level of repair and I think that's where a credit comes in, rather than a store saying "here's your part/s, be happy". You're right, the issue is the same for the individual regardless if it's widespread or not, but at a certain point I don't think it's acceptable to buy a new product, get it broken out of the box, wait months for replacement parts, then pull off an extensive repair and not get some kind of credit. If some buyers opt to not deal with this, I bet we'll be seeing some "parts not working" or "sample" listings on ShowZ at a discount, so people willing to deal with it and wait out then repair should get that same courtesy.

If they choose to send the upper body with arms, that would change my outlook because then it literally becomes pulling a few screws and swapping things within a couple minutes, making this a novice repair. No biggie if they take care of us that way. As soon as it's more than unscrewing a part, I just think they need to go a little further then just shipping a replacement and expecting the customer to be good with that.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah yes, I agree that an extensive repair would be a problem. I don't think a credit helps though. So now you've got a broken $160 figure that you can't repair and.... $20.

• Like Like x 2
  10. amja99

amja99 Well-Known Member

Does US mean all those who ordered PP from them or just the ones who had the breakage? My copy is fine but wouldn't mind having a replacement arm ready in case it snaps sometime in the future.

11. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The "us" are those who've broken parts. If you're concerned about your figure, you might want to contact support from the store you bought it from. No guarantee that you'll get parts if you don't have anything broken.

12. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I guess even with the repair being extensive, I'm still thinking from a stand point of I will make due and get it done, so at least I got the parts, figure fixed, and some money back, but I know this won't suit everyone. I do think for even the person that is not mechanically inclined, with a little guidance or a friend to lend a hand, they could easily swap these parts out. Even with mine repaired, I still want replacement parts and I'd like a little something back for what it took to get the broken parts off, getting paid for my work;) . I felt I was doing part of Pangu’s job and paying them to do it.:D 

13. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Sorry for all those who got a broken Pangu.

But...
    If you are wondering what he scales with:

20240302_015704743_iOS.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  14. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why does Luke look like he's trying to chop his own head off from behind?

15. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    he's trying to give himself a hair cut.

16. Louis

Louis Well-Known Member

I also dont get why they still have them up for sale given the problem
    They only reasonable solution is as MV Steve said send out what is required to do the least amount of surgery to the figure regardless of the expense.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Louis

Louis Well-Known Member

Man Classics He-man looks short especially with Duke there considering he is supposed to be 6'11". I just got Super 7 Duke in to go with this group but man he is tall. Lion-0 looks too small now. I dont have classics He-man but I find 40th He-man scales better. Waiting on spider-man to come in next week to add to the group. Need to make a cliff/mountain display base for them. 20240301_234620.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Unleashed Luke is a really, really, really shitty figure. Hasbro should be charged with a hate crime for even selling it. But it's the only 1/12-ish Luke I had that wasn't paired up with a Vader. It was even worse before I cut off most of the asinine lightsaber trail. Google it if you want to hurt your brain.

• Like Like x 2
  19. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Man, my breakage is actually worse than I thought.

The plastic is so thin in this section that I don’t see enough clearance to have that hold a screw after drilling.

IMG_0091.jpeg

IMG_0090.jpeg

IMG_0089.jpeg

And even if I was to do it, the screw that I’m supposed to remove and replace simply spins in place, there is simply no way that I know to take it out.

IMG_0088.jpeg

I just give up. This sucks.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Louis

Louis Well-Known Member

Your screw will go through from the other piece into that piece. once through just use a flat washer inside on the backside then a nut. It should still work or wait for replacements to be sent out.

• Like Like x 2