Palisades Devastator and Ravage Fate????

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by BHiga6181, Feb 22, 2006.

1. BHiga6181

BHiga6181 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Ok,
    I have submitted more forum entries to try and find an answer to this question -

Does anyone know if the Palisades Devastator and Ravage are still going to show? They were both due this month and I find it hard to believe that these werent put well into production and finished before they closed shop. Plus Im sure payment has been made to them at this point.

Anyone know? That Devastator ROCKED!!!! and how could you have Soundwave and Lazerbeak without Ravage?

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    From what Diamond Select stated at Toyfair, the last Palisades item to be released will be the Aquateen Hunger Force Mega Meatwad. As of right now, it looks like the Devastator and the Ravage will never be released, along with everything else Palisades had on their plate.

3. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be too sure about this. From what I have heard is that the company taking over Palisade's business will be absorbing MOST licenses, which supposedly includes Sesame Street, Adult Swim, and Invader Zim. However, with that said I have heard nothing about non-toy, or statue type, licenses. I wish I could provide a link to the area I got this information, but I can't for the life of me find it. I believe it came from toymania.com though, and from a close personal friend to someone who worked for Palisades and will be continuing on with the new ownership group.

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That would be great for the Sesame Street and other items, but the Transformers license has long since expired for Palisades, and is now owned by another company. I don't expect those TF statues to ever get released.

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess it depends on how far into the manufacturing process they were. If there is a full production run of Devastator, Ravage, and Ghost Starscream sitting in boxes in a warehouse somewhere, you can be darn sure that (barring any legal ramifications) some site or store will pick those up for a song, then sell them as an exclusive.

At least, that's what I've got my fingers crossed for!

6. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is this what you're thinking of? Because I've re-read this 1000 times trying to get a grasp on exactly what's being said.

http://www.palisadestoys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1294

I think everyone is anxiously waiting for a follow-up of some sort, which will no doubt come at the end of whatever legal wranglings need to take place; and hopefully will answer our statue questions.

7. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    It really doesn't say much of anything except to put everyone in a holding pattern :(  I was hoping to hear more come out of Toy Fair as to the fate of the licenses, but nothing really came of it. I do know the Zim 5 pack is no longer on the Wizardworld site, but it's hard to tell what that might mean for the license (or any other). I would bet that anything that was close to being released will still see the light of day...but no one (who's talking) really knows exactly how long ago Palisades stopped production so it's hard to gauge where anything was in the process...the statues may be particularly tricky since the license has been given to someone else already and LMTD cant pursue it....

8. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

Well it sure was nice of supercow import toys to take my money for the pre-order and not refund it after all this. Or update me. Or persue real answers to the "the statues been produced" question.

From what I hear everyone who pre-ordered from every site is having similar issues.

9. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You may want to hold tight for a little while. I too have preorders out for the remaining statues and have not heard anything. I'm assuming that as soon as the retailers receive OFFICIAL word that they will not be receiving their orders, they will in turn let us know. I'm still hoping against hope that somehow these things will see the light of day.

10. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

I don't think there's any profit in bothering to let anyone know. For anyone involved. As long as Supercow has my money and the "holding pattern" from Palisades, they wont want to return it. Palisades is going through a restructuring and probably doesn't have the time or inclination to bother to clear things up.

I REALLY hope I'm not right about any of this.

11. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I posed the question directly to Tony (Both on the Pali boards and a PM) about the fate of the "almost out" items...he's always been a BIG help for me (Helped me score my red & clear Force Commanders, lots of "extra parts" that were lying around the office, and got me a gold/clear Falcon :)  ) I'm sure if there are answers to be had, he'll let us know.