Minor/Repaint: Painting bots and bits

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MrUniqZ, Feb 2, 2020.

1. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Here are the Deluxe Turbomasters in their beta form. They aren’t as far along as the Predators. Need to finish some paint accents, pink up the windows....and as for everyone, decals. I may not be done building out Hurricanes legs because I want to magnetize missles to them. All of these guys will have a set of yellow missles. Guns are still a mystery atm.

Thunderclash alone will take me awhile to do...waiting on parts for him. I’m excited I got as much from Shapeways as reasonable, he won’t look much different than previous repaints but I’m aiming for pretty. With Zoffys waist part, I’ll be satisfied with the proportions.

Update: I believe the paint apps are finally done on Sky Quake. I painted the hands which made it look more cohesive since he follows the color scheme of the G1. He’s been my favorite to work on, I’m tempted to do a machine wars variant once I’m done with all my planned sets. Will be fashioning a Gestalt head as a last step.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
  2. MrUniqZ

Ebay:
    The beginnings of Thunderclash. The Turbo squad is all together...awaiting touch ups. Rotorstorm arrived.

Hurricanes legs took me over a week to finish for such a small modification, but he looks the part now.

Aibrush has allowed me to experiment with metallic finishes. I have two leg options I’ve made for fun. The gestalt will have metallic features also.

I found a BTS trailer I’m going to make use of but that will be awhile before I get to modifying it. I saw it was a limited edition 3rd party accessory...weeellll..normally I wouldn’t tinker with such a thing but it was the cheapest version.

I’ll try to squeeze in time to finish the Predators gestalt but TC has my interest atm.

Im going to dedicate a thread to each of these teams once they are done.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
  3. MrUniqZ

Ebay:
    Here is Thunderclash before the toy hax stickers. Zoffys waist piece fixes the proportions of the figure IMO. Going to make his wheels gray also. I have a full accessory set so I have the cannons and a whole trailer to prepare. He will get his own thread when done. I secured weapons for the turbo squad.

He’s as tall as the OS Grimlock, which I think is as tall as MMC Colissus who I also attached (I sold him earlier in the week so unfortunately I can’t do a side by side).

59A51662-0ABD-451A-B9D9-75C95CCCD51B.jpeg

Update: So I ultimately removed the waist mod because it was too much to deal with the alt mode and torso mode being changed. I really wanted to retain it but the bot mode didn’t loose too much. I may save it for a second attempt at a solo Thunderclash. I spent the evening adding stickers. I never gave much thought to combiner wars Optimus but it’s an underrated figure. When in bot mode the only portion of the bot that is white is the chest. But once it compresses and unfolds the truck cab is white.
    5F8DADD2-7199-42D3-9029-FC3CA2F98B04.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
  4. MrUniqZ

Ebay:
    Been super busy..so my I haven’t had a chance to sit down and complete the Predators but I did finish Thunderclash and upon my return I started working on a trailer(to hold accessories and guns). LEGO bricks with the assist.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  5. SamMeasa

SamMeasa Well-Known Member

Oh Thunderclash, I have been meaning to finish my own version of him soon.
    Currently he only has ToyHax stickers and the head from the RF-020 Thunder Struck kit. I'm planning on ordering the shapeway parts next month.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrUniqZ

Ebay:
    A1C13B8E-5DE4-4BB2-8F3B-063F85290B7E.jpeg Here is a more painted trailer. I’m using aqua and sky blue to represent the often faded blue and original color on the original trailers. Atleast for now. Not decided on how to fill in the stripe, but I’ll likely make my own stickers since I need to print decals for everyone.

there are mounts and bars to attach weapons as shown earlier.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  7. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, I just got this figure for my Earthrise collection and I'm about to receive it in a few days. I was really curious to know if someone had already painted him in a more G1 paint scheme. He looks fantastic! Thank you for sharing!

8. MrUniqZ

Ebay:
    Thanks, he’s a great figure. Btw..I’m not done with my thunderclash set..I moved so I’m not done settling in.

9. MrUniqZ

Ebay:
    I've begun working on a Fangry because that titan master just keeps staring at me. I just got a 3d printer so I used it to help me print some pegs for the monster arms which i stuck into the torso. I have prototyped a body..put some parts in dye. I plan to partsform the wolf head(I wonder should a take a shot printing a model). I'm definitely going to customize the chest before painting.

P.S. I love using magnets for parts forming so I plan to have his head magnetize to his back in robot mode.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  10. MrUniqZ

Ebay:
    I really like having weapons for each of the customs so now that I have a 3d printer, i'm conjuring up one for Fangry in Tinkercad. I've fooled with 3d programs before but it's been years. When I'm done I'll post the STL file...any suggested sites?

Capture.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  11. MrUniqZ

Ebay:
    So I’m further along with Fangry. I decided to take it a step further and print him some toy based arms in addition to the gun. I also printed a chest piece(glued). This guy will be 100% complete soon. I’m also working on a conversion set to create a Horri-bill from the gator(finish what Hasbro didn’t do). I’ll post some of these to Shapeways if I think they are refined enough.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  12. NemesisNerd

NemesisNerd Member

Fangry is looking great! I'd love to see a tutorial on how you put it all together when it's finished.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MrUniqZ

Ebay:
    So I’ve been spending time getting familiar with my 3D printer. I’ve spent a lot of hours adjusting models. Just a few custom parts take a loooong time to get perfect.

Coming back to crankcase, I have a prototype shoulder gun that pegs into the wheel spoke. I plan to have two, he can also hold them once I get the right sizes for the posts.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  14. MrUniqZ

Ebay:
    So I’m going to see if I can finish the prints for Fangry....prototype arms finally fit good. I had an itch to create a new torso based on the tcg art but I’m fine with the chest piece I printed.

I’m also finalizing the prints for horri bull. The low quality prototypes I tested seem good to go. I modeled a whole new head and backplate for the set. Because I’m a novice, It’s going to take a weekend to get a good high quality print of these pieces.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  15. MrUniqZ

Ebay:
    So conceptually Fangry is done, there are a few parts I want to reprint in order to tighten up some of the tolerances. I’ve begun printing Horribull parts. Next is the bull head and tail gun. The headmaster can sit upright in the chest.

I wish the back piece was smoother, but I’ll settle on what I have. I haven’t learned how to use more advanced programs like Fusion 360 so getting nice curves will be a challenge in the short term.

Fangry has turned out to be the most time consuming because just printing the arms has required a ton of adjustments to the model. Horribull has larger parts but they aren’t moving parts with tolerances. I decided to attempt a squeeze play so me learning Fusion will be critical I think to pull of all the custom pieces that would be required.

Edit: I lied, I decided to make a new chest for Fangry..lol..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021 at 5:09 PM
    • Like Like x 5