Page numbers of a thread hidden until cursor hovers over them?

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by David Hingtgen, Sep 17, 2016.

1. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Is it possible to have the page numbers of a thread always show, instead of being hidden until you hover over them?

Example:
    [​IMG]

Upper arrow, to the right of the date---where it has page 2, page 3, etc shown. That doesn't show up by default, you have to kind of guess where they'd be, then hover over it. On the old forum they were always displayed 24/7.

2. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    From our New Q & A sticky at the top of this forum.... lots of good info in there. :) 

For the entire thread, click this link: The New 2005 Boards - Introduction and F.A.Q.

For Page #'s only click this link:

The New 2005 Boards - Introduction and F.A.Q.
    Just one other thought, did you go with the darker option yet?, it helps the numbers show up much better, at least for me. Wasn't 100% sure if you had based on the screen snip you posted.

If you haven't, try this:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/account/preferences

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  3. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I am on "darker", it only helps a smidge. Does the new forum software not allow skins to directly alter the page number box color? I know it was an issue at another forum that I moderate, when we upgraded last time and we changed the box colors quickly because it was blue on blue with blue numbers when we first switched over and nobody could see any page numbers.

As for "reducing clutter"----if that was the goal, why are the page numbers are perma-visible on my little phone screen(which I like), but not on my big PC monitor? Seems to be the opposite of the intended effect.

(Or is this perhaps actually a browser thing, more than a mobile vs desktop setting?)

4. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Yep, probably a mobile vs desktop... I rarely use any devices, they're just too small for me. :) 

I'm sure Tony B. will address this part for ya, he's tested about everything out there.