OZ Toyfair 2015

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by daimchoc, Mar 4, 2015.

1. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    From our friends over at OZFormers

Toyfair Australia 2015 report and pics. - Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

c/o griffin-of-oz

For those who didn't check back after the photos and more details were added to the link in the first post...

This is the full report from today, and my photos, but I didn't get to take close-up photos of everything I wanted to, because they were closing up when I was taking most of these.
    But don't worry, as we didn't have much that was NOT on display at NY Toyfair, which you can see in the many galleries at TFW2005 or Seibertron.

Naturally, a huge thankyou to Hasbro Australia, who have let me visit their exhibit for the eighth year now, asking them a lot of questions (we ended up spending about 2.5 hours)... and after many years of hard work, we are building a very good relationship now, that earned me a sneak peak at some items I can't talk about yet, and, should see some interesting projects and exclusive Retailer offers over the next couple years for Ozformers members... especially as we celebrate our 20th anniversary next year as a fan community/club. [​IMG]

Nikko Remote Control cars, who produced the four Movie cars in the middle of last year (two convertible, two non-convertible), will be released again this year, and the distributor here said that they will be at BigW, DavidJones, TRU and Toyworld this year. The Helicopter (Drift) is still not coming here this year, as it was apparently cancelled (stopped production) soon after it was started, and only ended up being released in a couple of countries.
    Nikko were planning to do some new ones for RID, but didn't get enough retailer interest, so cancelled them and that's why the Movie ones are being re-released this year.

Loyal Subjects Wave 3 figurines should be out in the next month, as they have a March release date in Australia.

Hasbro.

GENERATIONS.
    They only had the first two waves of the regular release figures, and only one of each of wave two Deluxes, so didn't want to open up the Deluxe Stunticons to make a Menasor to fight off Superion. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Titan Generations Devastator was on display, with my Gen1 Devastator I posted to Hasbro last week for them to show off the difference of 30 years of evolution in Transformers looks like. (they didn't have the individual Constructicons though, which NY Toyfair had on display)
    The Retailers have loved the new Devastator, with BigW already signed up for a June/July release (the mid-year toy sales).

I asked about DLX Slingshot & Wildrider after it was noted on another fansite, and was told that they aren't part of this year's range for Hasbro... since the Combiners line is already aimed to be at least two years, maybe they are in the next series of GEN toys.
    So if you want these characters, maybe get the TakaraTomy versions if Hasbro versions aren't announced before they are released.

I asked about the ToysRUs listing of Leader Class Starscream's bio, and it is a toy for wave 4, after Ultra Magnus in wave 3.

Generations will see TV commercials here, which will be a first for us, due to a lack of Generations toys released here in the last few years.

No Generations Boxsets are planned at this time. (I asked, because TakaraTomy are doing it)

Robots In Disguise.
    [​IMG]

The giant Bumblebee - makes the classic transformation sound when you transform it. You can never get too tired hearing that sound in a Transformers toy. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Transforming Titans... yes, just like Actionmasters decades ago, those crappy wacky non-transforming Titans will have some transforming versions, that are just as simple as those Elite Actionmaster were.
    [​IMG]

Minicons. They only had two of the single packs on display, but this looks to be a first appearance of what the packaging will look like.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Over to one side was this display of some licensed merchandise and potential merchandise here... plus a time-trial competition for the Retailers.
    It was only a simple toy, the Mega 3-step Optimus, because the Retailers don't have time to be mucking around with a complex toy (and Hasbro wouldn't want them frustrated with a product which might have them refuse to stock it).
    [​IMG]

Hero Mashers.
    Only wave one RID shown, plus the re-release of the larger size classes. Hero Mashers as a concept will be huge this year, with about four toy Brands being released as Hero Mashers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rescue Bots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The new "Mini Scene Packs" that were at NY Toyfair, which will have a couple of figurines packed with a vehicle from the Cartoon.
    Plus, a new convertible Bumblebee in a new style of packaging, which I don't recall seeing at the NY Toyfair.
    [​IMG]

And the High Tide playset. I wanted to have a play with this but ran out of time. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's all the photos this year, which was more than the last couple of years.
    Now for the info of things not on display...

Masterpiece.
    Australia will continue to be following Hong Kong's lead and having both Hasbro and TakaraTomy Masterpiece toys at ToysRUs stores here.

The Japanese Masterpiece toys that SHOULD be coming this year (details and dates are for Australia, which is usually about a month after JP/HK dates - these can change, and often do)...
    - Gold bumblebee in around July,
    - The Convoy reissue middle of the year,
    - Tracks is mid-year and was NOT noted as MP-25 on the Hasbro Australia list, but maybe they have 25 and 26 mixed up, as Tracks was labelled as MP-25 in a
    recent Japanese Hobby magazine.
    - MP-25 (or 26 if the numbers were mixed up on the list) will be here in about Sept (I know what it is, but I'm not allowed to reveal the name before TakaraTomy announces it)
    - Two "sports cars" for OCT and NOV (the names haven't be revealed to Hasbro Australia yet, as it is so far in the future, so I have no idea if they are new moulds... but with three new moulds already coming this year, I'd imagine that at least one of these are a redeco).
    (please don't bother asking me, or expect, any more information on the future Masterpiece toys, as I am not expecting updates before TakaraTomy reveals the next few... and everything I am allowed to talk about is listed here already)

Hasbro Masterpiece.
    The Starscream Masterpiece will be the second version of the mould, which was MP-11, because that was apparently chosen because it was what the fans wanted.
    Masterpiece Bluestreak will be out here in about July.

Platinum Edition.
    It really is the year of the Gen1 reissues.
    Myer exclusives - Seeker 3-pack, YOTG Optimus, YOTG Soundwave.
    ToysRUs will have the Insecticon 3-pack, the Perceptor/Blaster 2-pack, Trypticon, aaaaand.... Dinobots. YES, Gen1 Dinobots multipack which I hope is all five, and all in Gen1 colouring.
    I guess all the popularity with Dinobots last year, it was finally worth rebuilding or reverse-engineering the original Dinobot moulds. Plus Trypticon as another Dinosaur to sell off the hype of the Movie Dinosaurs.
    (no sign yet of the Astrotrain/Blitzwing 2-pack here as it was not on the future store exclusive listing)

Miscellaneous items...

Firstly, there were two items that I was shown that I can't say until they are officially revealed... so I'm just noting it here, so that when I can describe them later, I can refer to this post to show that I'm not just making it up at that later time. [​IMG]

The Japanese Movie Stinger is still on for this month, but only at TRU though... Hasbro is still hoping to organize an Ozformers member discount.

Some SDCC exclusives will be released in Australia this year at the Oz Comic Con (not related to SDCC I think, but must have struck up a special deal this year for the two shows that are after SDCC - Brisbane 19/20 Sept & Sydney 26/27 Sept). Hasbro AUS weren't allowed to reveal what items will be available here because SDCC and Hasbro America have to make the official announcements by Press Release around June... but at least one will be a Transformers SDCC toy. For the Brisbane convention, Hasbro asked me if I was interested in lending some of my collection for a small historical display of the toyline... and if they are having booths at the other four shows, I can see if they want locals in that area to do the same.
    Details will be released later when known or allowed.

Hasbro Australia have decided to abandon Kreo in this country... so none of the RID build sets and the Convertible Kreo sets seen at NY Toyfair are
    NOT coming here. (last November we were originally slated to have the first wave of Convertible Kreo in March, but it looks like that's now cancelled).
    (a lot more items I need to import... [​IMG] )

That's pretty much all I can talk about from the 2.5 hours we were there.

Lastly, a thankyou to Patrick from Hasbro Rhode Island, who was in Australia for the Toyfair I think, and talked to me for a few minutes to talk
    about what he does at Head Office in America (works on the colour layouts of toys and games at Hasbro).

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

Nice, might actually be able to get an MP Starscream this time. Devastator being picked by retail here is good newstoo.

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I left my MP thoughts in the MP Speculation thread, given someone already linked to that post there.

As for the rest...that bit about the Dinobots as a G1 reissue set really has my interest. They've been rumored as possible for some time, so it's not completely out of the blue, but this would also be the first real rumor/report I can think of. We've already heard about the Perceptor/Blaster set and Trypticon, so that helps.

Given what's happening with Blitzwing/Astrotrain though, I really hope they just straight reissue these as normal and don't get creative with the decos. Unlike Astrotrain or Blitzwing, Trypticon and the Dinobots have no other reissues to lean on.

4. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    G1 Dinobots sounds pretty sweet.

5. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Wait, seriously? Gen 1 Dinobots getting a reissue after all these years? Color me interested but for some reason, possibly because of the colors we got on Blitzwing and Astrotrain, I have a feeling that these will end being in the G2 colors.

6. SideswipePrime1

SideswipePrime1 Flooded in plastic.

Glad that MP Starscream is getting a US release. He's the only other MP I really want to get. I'm also hoping he comes out around the time I get my MP-10 reissue.

The G1 Dinobots will also be pretty good if Hasbro doesn't do something stupid and give them AoE colors or something similar.

7. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Kinda funny after the whole drama about these molds.

Interesting if original color and not 150 bucks or something.

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After seeing the price of the Insecticons set, a full Dinobot set potential price is scaring the hell out of me.

Two new sports cars before year's end? Kinda bummed thinking we may not be getting Ironhide yet, but am hopeful that these will be a couple of characters folks have wanted (myself included) since the line began.

9. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Please note that that this is in OZ. They usually get the Japanese figures. Does not necessarily mean that North America will get them.

10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Could turn out that Ironhide is MP25, Tracks MP26 and then the next two are the new sports cars.

11. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm very strange MP news based on what we've seen recently, but promising if true - three new molds in addition to Tracks!!??

12. Cracka J

Cracka J tfs / kicks / rasslin / sfa2 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    you know, the dinobots are a set of toys you could pretty much color like fruity pebbles and I'd still pick up a set. you can't go wrong with g1 dinos. it's just impossible. they will be bought in any color scheme that hasbro decides to release.

trypticon...please please please be g1 colors.

13. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would be great! :) 

14. Sai

Sai Decepticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tigerblade I really hope your theory turns out to be the case,this would be an amazing scenario! :D 

15. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Whoa! Those Dinobots are going to be expensive, but so tempting! Same with Trypticon!

16. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As long as the Dinobots are reasonably priced, I'm in for a set to go with my 3rd party Dinos.:D 

17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's about time the G1 Dinobots finally returned! Here's to hoping someone other than Kmart carries it. The Insecticon reissue price at Kmart is RIDICULOUS.

Itching to see Hasbro MP-11. Hoping for g1 toy colors. Takara already did pastel cartoon colors let's get some darkness in there.

18. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Here's hoping the new "Sports Car" MPs are CONs, Breakdown and wildrider. It didn't say Autobot sports cars.

19. Slingshot

Slingshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I told you guys Hasbro didn't make them yet.

20. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

I hope one is Arcee.