Owners of Combiner wars Devastator Beware and watch out

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by pokemonsdoom, Feb 15, 2017.

1. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Cultist of Unicron.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How did you get a replacement part?

2. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    pokemonsdoom,
    I see a lot of folks dismissing your observations here but I'm not one of them. I've assembled and disassembled mine a few times and I certainly had noticed tolerance issues where some pegs were WAY too tight and some weren't tight enough. I totally believe that over time, with any slight aging or fatigue of the plastic, that these could be breakage points.

I don't get the impression that you're any kind of an idiot and you almost certainly know how to handle a figure. Could it be bad luck? Sure...we'd be fools to not at least heed your warning. The fact that your report is the first that anyone has noticed doesn't mean that you're not 100% right on that these are weak points.

Thanks for sharing your findings...I'm sorry that yours broke but you may have saved others from this grief as a result. This kind of community support is what makes this hobby great.

• Like Like x 4
  3. pokemonsdoom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No problem, I will be honest after so many negative responses i was worried i did something wrong by reporting an issue on an almost 2 year old figure with already a major issue, need I remind people of the right ankle(scrapper) cracking when turned 3 clicks outwards? when Mixmaster can do 3 just fine?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Skullhammer

Skullhammer Powermaster

I agree...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

From bbts where I got it, they sent me a new lower half of hook.

6. 0lly18

0lly18 New Member

Just to add my experience to this, I bought the CW Devastator for my son for Xmas, by the end of Jan Hook had two faults, firstly the peg you also had issues with that holds his legs together and also the right knee joint snapped completely, so you are not the only one! (and i know kids aren't careful but i was the only one that ever combined/uncombined them and i was very careful as it always felt fragile)

I contacted Hasbro and they confirmed there is a fault but have no stock to ship a replacement - so if anyone has a spare Hook?????

Attached Files:

7. pokemonsdoom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So hasbro knows it is an issue,

8. pjn5311

pjn5311 Medbot

News Credits:
    I have just checked mine, all tabs and post seem fine but I did run into a problem with Bonecrusher, while transforming him into robot, the canopy on mine which was always tight but never was not able to be opened now won't open all the way, trying has caused it to crack and gave it a few stress marks, it has probably sat combined well over a year. I did not force it and still enough room to get head out but def watch for it.

9. mAk

mAk Well-Known Member

The same issue just happened to me today.

10. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    So sorry to hear that happened to you, i whould be annoyed if one of my transformers broke to

11. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    same here. Though I haven’t messed with mine for a while. When I got him I Transformed him a few times with no problems.

12. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

I see some people here saying they havent had any issues with their copies, yet, they combined or manipulated them once and then put it on a shelf which is .....well, it makes me laught a little. The fact. Now, these figures are meant to be manipulated maybe even more than a regular action figure and is a shame that this particular figure is giving people a hard time after all this time.

Me, I never got this figure and if I can recall correctly, this was the time I got out of collecting regularly.