Oversized MPM-10 Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Oct 12, 2021.

1. doughyresplendent

doughyresplendent Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Mine has arrived! Ordered from China via Lazada (Tangtang) because our local sellers still didnt have this yet. Paid like 10 usd more than what this would fetch locally but still very much worth it.

Took a long while to deliver because Covid cases have been springing up again in China, seller said. But this is real worth it!!
    So wide and heavy! Great paint! and last but not the least, it lights up!!!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any discernable changes other than the deco? Not really expecting anything but worth checking.

3. doughyresplendent

not really no, doesn't have the dna design elbow joint. What he has new from the MPM 10 are already there in the f-12 version, the buttflaps, the accurate ankles. Other than the bigger size and LEDs its the same as F-12 cybertron paint. Still worth it for less than 100 bucks (for me from SEA).

• Like Like x 1
  4. ManelFigures

ManelFigures You can't hear the bass, but you can feel it.

Instagram:
    Congrats man!! Two weeks waiting but ShowZ didn't send me the order yet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

how are the joints is everything nice and tight?

6. doughyresplendent

legs and thigh is ratchet city. I thought his collars would easily be removed but it turns out I just didnt tab it well enough (its so tight).
    shoulders and elbows have ratchets too. Spring loaded knees and this thing between his collars and shoulders too,
    I noticed something not so good though. His rocket and blade arm attachment alternates between tight and not so tight when rotated, but that's my only qualm about this figure. If I find any problems/new details I found I'll just edit this one so that I won't fill the thread with my post.

edit: feet is wholly diecast, damn, even his upward toes is diecast. Maybe that's why this is so stable.

edit2: paint is starting to get chipped on the feet. paint on die cast isnt sticking as well as on plastic. its okay though because it fits the cybertronian/battle damaged aesthetic.

edit3: I got one floppy wing. Maybe I'll get some liquid to tighten that but considering the dozens of joints on this guy having only one loose joint, I'll take it.

edit4: I read about the simplified collar bone tab on the f-12 ko, it doesn't have that here. I saw emgo's video and the tab looks just like his mpm's. so no simplification on this mold at all.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Angry fan

Angry fan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey may you show more photos of him with Megatron?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Loviiny

Loviiny Well-Known Member

He has individually articulated fingers, right?

• Like Like x 1
  9. doughyresplendent

Pic with bs-02 megatron on fully stretched knee, on bended knee. and pic with black mamba osko mpm megatron with starscream on normal-ish knee.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    alt mode pic with barricade (sorry with the bad alt mode look, its my first time handling this mold and it has a lot of tabs needing to be filed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    it has one new joint on the middle three fingers, and same joints on the two side.

I'm really sorry for the potato camera pic guys, my money went to plastic crack lol. And the lighting on my room is fucked because of too many windows and sunlight peeking through. I'm hoping for a youtube reviewer to do a video on this guy lol because my pics don't give him justice hahaha

• Like Like x 2
  10. Loviiny

Loviiny Well-Known Member

no problem, thanks for the pictures! I look forward to mine arriving.

11. Vildamir

Vildamir Well-Known Member

Got it too, I prefer his first appearance in the movie )

IMG_20220124_171958.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  12. Angry fan

Angry fan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you for the photos!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I was actually going to get the tattoo version, to replace YET ANOTHER MPM11 variant, but now that I have the DNA kit (and repainted it to fit my tattoo KO) I don't think I could go back to not having that articulation spot. I wish this OSKO mold had done just a couple more improvements (and done something about the jet mode kibble) cause then I would totally be into it!

• Like Like x 1
  14. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    I wonder if they might release the elbow upgrade at some point. But they didn't for Ironhide so probably not.

15. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    DNA doesn't tend to acknowledge KOs, and I think if the OSKO mold is this way now they aren't going to change it. The Ironhide OSKO made a lot more improvements to the mold than this one (cause they were even more necessary).

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

I asked dinomodel shop if they would make a bigger head for the upscale mpm starscream in the future and they said they would consider it hoping they do because it looks great

17. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    I meant BMB koing it for this figure. But I agree they probably won't, and yeah Ironhide needed more or a different kind of upgrade kit - like fixing his lower arms/cannon placements.

18. Wazdakka

Wazdakka Decepticon

Is there a way to visually tell this apart from the original F-12 MPM KO (other than size and the color of the saw blade)?

19. doughyresplendent

if there are any subtle difference, I wouldn't know. this is my first experience on the mold. Sorry bud.
    Maybe if there are other users who have owned both, they could give their knowledge.

20. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Mine arrived from AliExpress today in absolutely record time. I wasn’t expecting it for another month or so at least, but they got the thing out the door very quickly. Of course, it was shipped in a Styrofoam box with plastic wrapping, so the box was pretty well crushed and the figure was quite contorted inside of the Styrofoam, which appears to be the way they packaged it, not due to shipping, but everything is in great shape and this figure is absolutely solid aside from the one issue I’ll mention below.

I haven’t transformed him yet but, he seems absolutely amazing. I would say this one is equal in quality to the smaller versions (I have both KOs, plus the original/official), the only issue I can find on my copy is the right wing is loose, but I figure I can fix that with some Future.

The size is amazing and if anyone needs comparison pics, I have all the official MPMs, plus their knock offs (I may have a small plastic crack problem).

If anybody hasn’t gotten a version of this figure, I recommend any of the knock offs, but the oversize ones are definitely pretty impressive just on size alone. I do however appreciate the LED eyes and the added articulation in the fingers, which all the damn versions should’ve had from the beginning.

• Like Like x 4