Oversized MPM-10 Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Oct 12, 2021.

1. LSSJPrime

LSSJPrime Well-Known Member

All good points! And to this allow me to add:
    • Ironhide is actually 22 feet tall and not 24, so the BMB Ironhide is a tad too big for a 1/30th collection. Unfortunately though, without the stellar Black Apple version (which was supposed to be 22cm tall), BMB's version is the closest we have to movie scale. I believe you can bend the BMB Ironhide's legs to make him more squat and by extension shorter, so maybe it could work out. Still, an OS MPM mold with slight mods has nothing on Black Apple's far more movie-accurate heavy retool, so it's still a considerable net loss.
    • I would actually go ahead and recommend the BMB KO Barricade, since not only does it have a more accurate paint job with more die-cast, it actually has some slight remolds which help in accentuating the sillhouette of the robot mode. Plus, it's cheaper than the official, so that alone may be worth it for some people.
    • You are correct in saying that WJ Blackout is actually in scale and works in a 1/30th collection. Surprisingly, he wasn't the hulking 40-foot giant that he's typically erroneously remembered as; it was Grindor who was flippin' huge and towered over even Megatron. Blackout is, believe it or not, officially only 29 feet tall at the head (33 at the tip of all his back kibble), so WJ Hide Shadow at 32cm tall at the tip of his back kibble works quite well. Yeah, I know Blackout was really undersized in the movie considering how huge the MH-53 Pave Low chopper is, but the CGI artists at least seemed to realize their mistake and made Grindor (whose helicopter mode is roughly the same size as Blackout's) the height he should be (43 feet tall at the head and 50 feet including all his back kibble).
    • BMB Sideswipe, BMB OS Dino, NA Soundwave, and DX9 Hot Rod are all in-scale and work beautifully in a 1/30th MPM collection along with Bee, Jazz, and Barricade. Now, we just need Stinger, Crosshairs, Drift, Que, the Wreckers, Sideways, Jolt, TLK Barricade and the Twins then all the carbots from the Bayverse would be complete!
    • The upcoming AA MPM Dreads are expected to be 19cm tall, so they would also work wonderfully in a 1/30th collection since according to the charts they (well, at least Crowbar and Crankcase) are 20 feet tall.
    • UT Galvatron at 29cm tall is pretty much perfect scale since he was officially 30 feet tall.
    • ZT Shockwave at 34cm tall is also pretty much perfect considering he was officially 35 feet tall.
    • Unfortunately OV Sentinel Prime is slightly too big at 32cm tall when his movie counterpart was 30 feet. However, I gotta admit that I actually like this scale a lot better than what's officially in the charts, since, again, like Blackout, I feel like Sentinel Prime was painfully undersized in the film. Yes, I completely understand why they had to do it (to make him stand toe to toe with Optimus at 28 feet), but the Rosenbauer Panther 6x6 is a huge firetruck, so Sentinel should really be closer to Megatron's height (and he was in one shot in DOTM on top of the building, but that was for that one shot rather than his official height).
    • For an MPM Hound, I recommend the WJ AOE Hound at 23cm tall, since he was 24 feet tall in the movie. Unfortunately, the upcoming AA TLK Hound is too big at 25cm, when in the film, his official height actually shrunk to 23 feet, so really the WJ Hound would be perfect either way. You end up sacrificing the Mercedes-Benz Unimog for a scale-accurate Hound, but I don't consider that as too big of a loss since his Oshkosh mode is a far cooler vehicle anyways.
    • For a TLK Megatron, I recommend the 4th party slightly undersized BS-02 Skybreaker at 31cm, a KO of UT Dragoon (which stood at 32cm). Since TLK Megatron was 30 feet in the movie, Skybreaker works a lot better, and since it's supposed to be an improved mold with better paint, joints, head sculpt, weapons, and LED lights, I think it's a no-brainer.
    • The DS Constructicons (and Devastator by extension) are all wildly too small and unfortunately wouldn't work in a 1/30th MPM collection. In the movie Devastator was supposed to be 74 feet tall at the head (and 103 feet at the tip of his arched back) but DS's is projected to be 50cm including his back, so it's way, way too small.
    • Now the BMB Nitro Zeus is technically too big at 25cm compared to his movie height of 22 feet, but I really think the figure's height works better since to me it makes absolutely no sense how a bot which transforms into a fighter jet is supposed to be the same height as a bot that transforms into a pickup truck. Now granted the GMC Topkick C4500 is a massive pickup truck (like its cabin is literally on the same level as semi's) but it's still a pickup truck nonetheless and a bot which turns into a fighter jet should logically be much, much larger. This is yet another case of a character being painfully undersized when they should be way bigger, so to be completely honest I'd say go ahead and grab the BMB Nitro Zeus if you're a completionist since the scale is close enough anyways and the character looks a lot better being a little taller than he needs to be.
    • For TLK Mohawk you have two choices: either the TC MXG-01, or the DW MC-01. Both have their pros and cons, which I'll list. The TC has a far better mold, sculpt, articulation, and paint, but it's 12cm tall, compared to the movie's height of 10 feet. The DW version is 8cm tall, so it should probably scale a lot better, but you're going to be making quite the sacrifice in terms of pretty much everything else. It's honestly not that bad for its size (there's nothing inherently wrong with the figure nor does it have any glaring QC issues) it's just that the TC wins in every other category except for size. You know what, I'm just going to go ahead and recommend the TC Mohawk, since not only can we simply adjust his better articulated legs to make him a little shorter, our collection is going for MPM-style figures, so they should ideally be in the vein of MPM. Since TC Mohawk is far more MPM-like than the DW version, I'd say it wins overall.
    • Last but not least, for DOTM Megs, the NA seems to be the way to go, since it's projected to be 34cm tall as opposed to the UT at 33cm and the AA at 31cm. However I'd honestly say it's too early to tell since we've literally only seen prototypes of the NA DOTM Megs, and perhaps most shockingly of all, it's been confirmed that the trailer actually doesn't articulate when UT's and AA's does. It's going to be tough to decide, but as we have all three figures in hand it should be way easier to come to a consensus.
    There has yet to be a proper 1/30th scale Ratchet, Ironhide, Bonecrusher, Sentinel Prime, Arcee sisters, Jetfire, Dinobots, Evasion Prime (although the TMT may soon change that), Devastator/Constructicons, Junkheap, KSI Chevy Trax minions, Daytrader, Dragonstorm/Knights of Iacon, Onslaught, Infernocus, and the aforementioned carbots. Honestly though, some of these (like the Dinobots, Devastator, and Jetfire) may be too infeasible considering their on-screen size, but others (like Ratchet, Sentinel Prime, the carbots, Bonecrusher, and Arcee sisters) are long overdue. Hopefully we get to see them soon!

Well, that's all I can think of now. Let me know if I missed anything!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Panzertron

Panzertron Well-Known Member

Is it normal that there is no ROTF repaint yet?? Im waiting since this came out but im starting to lose hope sadly...

3. JohnnyGundam

JohnnyGundam Well-Known Member

You know I looked at the charts again and you’re right about ironhide, he is 22 feet. But I have to say, even with the bmb being a bit too big, aesthetically it works perfectly to me. If I could change something it wouldn’t even be his height, it would be his width. He would look much better with the cannons attached to the arms of the kibble between them was gone

• Like Like x 1
  4. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    I wonder if they do KO the DNA elbows for a ROTF repaint (which will happen) if they might try to find a way to put out the elbows for the regular 07 decoed version. Either in a new batch or may be separate.
    I know it's unlikely but I still hope somehow that BA's Ironhide design gets made from a 3P company.

5. Dagamer27

Dagamer27 Banned

Its quite unlikely that the BA ironhide will come out, unfortunately

For die hard scale fans, your best bet for 2007 movie display would be TL, this starscream, T08 megatron, weijiang blackout, DF bonecrusher( not sure of scale), BMB or WJ brawl.

First post, so I need some help to find my way round this.

6. jdaext97

jdaext97 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 9
  7. LSSJPrime

LSSJPrime Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  8. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I hope we get some better pictures soon! The 2007 version is beautiful and THE definitive transforming Movie Starscream figure as far as I am concerned and if this has the same beautiful paint job as the regular-sized tattooed KO then it could possibly be even better.

• Like Like x 1
  9. doughyresplendent

doughyresplendent Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Transformers, Dmk & Toy(Repaint)马来西亚 fb group source
    So does it deserve its own thread or should we just continue posting here?

• Like Like x 7
  10. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Thats amazing, he looks great! Since its done both on here and the regular KO, I find it odd how the jet's left-wing has the bit where the tattoo is covered in that see-through white-ish color. That is the one part that doesn't look right to me on either tattooed version.

11. Zogliatti

Zogliatti Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    The Tattoo deco looks good, but I always liked the Movie 1 colors more. I just got mine last week and it´s great, even though the legs´articolations are not so strong as the one on the 1:1 ko I have, especially the ankles. But it´s nontheless a very good figure and the difference in size is just what we needed!

12. ManelFigures

ManelFigures You can't hear the bass, but you can feel it.

Instagram:
  13. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

he’ll yeah I knew waiting on a tattooed version would be worth it

• Like Like x 2
  14. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    I was waiting this precious toy in the shadows, :lol  now I will be an active member on this thread :lol 

15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

I wonder if they added the upgrade kit to this?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  16. doughyresplendent

doughyresplendent Well-Known Member

I think not. It's released too close to this one and this is just a repaint of the T10 oversized. If only the DNA kit was released before the t10 though.

17. JohnnyGundam

JohnnyGundam Well-Known Member

I need a upscaled dna kit for this guy

• Like Like x 2
  18. Angry fan

Angry fan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So now his ankles are strong? Mine are loose as shit if they aren't tabbed (and when they are tabbed they don't have decent articulation)

Btw, how tall is the OSKO near to Sky Breaker when his legs are flexed?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  19. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    ShowZstore feed me with your pre-order! NOW!.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Megamenasortimus Prime

Megamenasortimus Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Recently went in on the 2007. Tattoos look sick too :)