Oversized KO MPM Optimus Prime - Lightly Modified

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by BLNadal, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I argue that it's because people got used to the sunken-in ab pieces of the MPM and have forgotten how much they protrude on the CGI model. Yes, they don't pop out that much, but what BA has done is far more accurate.

2. noisetrigger

noisetrigger Well-Known Member

Good that you used these comparison pics cause I was about to post my own that I took of BA and MPM04 which has the same abs configuration as the BMB.

D980E977-0887-478B-81E9-BA989E9EE1D6.jpeg

It protrudes a bit more than the MPM from the top and I will argue that it looks better on the BA due to the way the abs slopes in at the bottom just like the CGI model.

Also that note that this is in comparison with the MPM04. On the BMB, the ABS will look a lot more bigger too.

Of course it won’t be exactly like the CGI model since this is a transforming toy but it does get closer than any transforming movie prime yet.

A lot of the complaints came from the initial pics that WJ releases which does make the abs look really bad. But people have since figured out that the abs can be configured anyway you like.

This is how mine is currently.

DAA2ABB7-D146-43A4-A0C3-649E9C35A7FB.jpeg

That is as close as I can get it to the 4EVER OP which also has a protruding abs.

C6D2F3CB-71BB-4F18-B70A-E3675373C78B.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  3. noisetrigger

I too for the longest time thought MPM04 abs looked good until you pointed it out. It is those thing that once you notice it you cannot unsee. The abs is way too flat on the MPM and also a bit too wide individually.

• Like Like x 1
  4. noisetrigger

They were discussed in the BA threads when the final product pics were released. A lot of us was bemoaning the fact that MPM04 got the abs right until it was pointed out that MPM04 actually got it wrong due to how sunken it is and that the old leader class toy also protrudes.

5. Brooklynwolf

Brooklynwolf Well-Known Member

IMG_5777.PNG IMG_5776.PNG IMG_5778.PNG
    This is gonna get nerdy as hell...but please bear with me.

What this illustrates is the windows on the original figure sit too far out. Combine that flaw and BA's attempt to replicate the look in the pic above, and that's how we have this beer belly effect. While your pic shows the adjustability of the ab section, by its very design, everything still sits too far out. Yes, angularly speaking, technically it's more accurate to the CGI model, however if you refer to the screen caps I provided and compare them to BA, there's no beer belly on the CGI model.

So, in a long winded rant, I still prefer BMB because those areas don't protrude as egregiously as BA. Does that make BA a worse figure? Absolutely not. From the front it looks awesome. But once you turn that sucka to his side or pose him dynamically, the flaws become too glaring to ignore...at least for me. Which brings me back to my original assessment, neither figure outclasses the other, and it all comes down to personal preference.

• Like Like x 1
  6. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Your pics are making me want BA Prime again...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Drunc

Drunc New Member

Hey guys, anyone have a weight comparison of the three KOs? I tried looking both here and on youtube and nothing turned up. (I do seem to remember watching a video that did a weight comparison, but upon searching I found nothing...) Thanks a lot!

First post btw, finally stopped lurking

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Zogliatti

Zogliatti Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Welcome onboard! I also started only three weeks ago to post something, but I watched and read thread for at least 4 months!!

• Like Like x 1