Oversized KO MPM Optimus Prime - Heavily Modified

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Sep 22, 2018.

1. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Look, I'm all for competition. If you can make something better and we're able to purchase it, by all means.

And this isn't a "you do better" sort of taunt. I'd like a better MPM Prime as well. I'm not completely thrilled with this one.

But, on the flip side, you have to understand how people are pretty excited about this one.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Greenlock

Greenlock Well-Known Member

Man I've been following every release of leader/masterpiece level movie primes since I learned that buster optimus prime was a thing, which I could never afford. Mpm4 was the first premium prime I got my hands on, and it had everything I needed out of an ultimate movie prime. However, after having that on my display for however long it's been, I'm certainly not opposed to an upgrade, and this fixes every gripe I've developed about that figure (given this correctly transforms).

I almost wish nobody had mentioned the head size, because it definitely would be essentially perfect if the head was slightly bigger, and I'm worried there's not much of a chance of that changing.

Mpm 4 was the biggest transformers release maybe ever to me, but this looks like it'll knock that one out of the park as an even ultimate-er optimus. It'd be hard for a mod to outdo the hype I had for the first movie masterpiece prime, but I'm betting I'm gonna like the new in hand figure twice as much.

I'm also happy that it's oversized, as it'll make the wow factor that much greater, and it'll allow me to keep it as a separate piece while mpm4 stays with my mpm collection.

Truly amazing what 3rd party designers can do with already impressive transforming figures as a base.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lukelbs

Lukelbs Well-Known Member

Sorry...

• Like Like x 5
  4. Unicron the Chaos Bringer

Unicron the Chaos Bringer Protecc this smile!

News Credits:
    Pretty sure there's no need to be sorry here. It's a flaw in the figure which should be rightfully pointed out, and which wei jiang might be able to address with an add on somewhere along the line

• Like Like x 3
  5. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

Do we have the height confirmed?

• Like Like x 1
  6. AfroPrime131

AfroPrime131 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That’s what I’m trying to figure out! Like it’s making me anxious a lil! Around 11 to 11.5inches would be ideal.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  7. Megawillbot

When I get it, I'll put a neck upgrade on shapeways that brings it forwards and lets you move it like in the movie

• Like Like x 7
  8. Unicron the Chaos Bringer

Unicron the Chaos Bringer Protecc this smile!

News Credits:
    Nice, I'm also thinking of making a new head which can actually transform to make the head much larger, IDK though. Also, is anyone interested in an upgrade kit for mpm optimus' backpack which also gives him a new transformable gun. It's been on my mind for a while, and I got inspired by the backpack on this figure.

Back on topic, I really hope those swords look nice, and those metal pieces are painted in a metallic gunmetal to make it more accurate. Also, props to wei jiang for making the greys on this guy their proper shades instead of coating every non blue or red part in sliver. Love my lt02, but this color combo is much better and more accurate.

• Like Like x 2
  9. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Georgii10235

Georgii10235 A member for fun

News Credits:
    Capcom Kai cited it as 29 cm tall on his instagram post.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I collectively call them "Multiple Optimus". Last count I have 12 of them (13 if you count M05 Legendary Warrior's little dude), with at least this one on order and 3 more I'm keeping an eye on.

Can never have too many Optimii!

12. Zemetri

Zemetri Zigs

Hmm..i beleive UT challenger is 27.. kind of sucks that this guys taller for me, would have really rathered it be around 25 personally,

Was thinking about getting a kind of Before - After look over the span of 5 movies

Toyworld's Orion is 29cm i think so that could look good for the people who want that figure, i just might

13. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    And here I am still wishing it could scale with MPM Megatron without the need to wait for an OS KO of that figure too :rolleyes: 

Agreed with a few others about the abs, they very well may be positioned haphazardly. The 3A DOTM Prime had weird positions for them too, but then people discovered in hand that they could be adjusted correctly. So hopefully that’s the case here too.

As for the head, someone mentioned the BMB version earlier. Might it be possible to use that head instead? The size only needs to be increased slightly; we don’t need him to look like a Funko pop

• Like Like x 2
  14. Megawillbot

Yep, confirmed by Wei Jiang themselves
    5E5BA60E-E47D-46D7-B850-D11F59237AE0.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  15. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

It looks awesome but once again it is a HUGE toy.. I wish they made a Prime thar scales with Studio Series (22 cm) and the truck in 1:39 scale.
    That I would buy.. he looks awesome trough.

16. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Hmmm I will buy it as a stand alone piece!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Megawillbot

But it’s mpm scale?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Panzertron

Panzertron Well-Known Member

Yes, 29-30cm for optimus is a very good height in MPM scale.

• Like Like x 3
  19. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

Mmm... tiny head and square abs. Now I am in doubt whether buying it or not... That is not what I was expecting from Black Apple. I remember a grey prototype that looked great. After that, BA did some tweaks and now it seems a step backwards from that proto.
    I'm not impressed. Maybe I will pass it. At this stage, further tweaks to restore abs shape and head dimension are nearly impossible. Shame.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Hmmmm now I am not really sure! But who cares?! It looks good!