Oversized KO MPM Optimus Prime - Heavily Modified

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Sep 22, 2018.

1. TDRformers

TDRformers Member

Anyother Black Apple owners feel like this figure is their grail? I catch myself admiring this thing every day and I am proud to be an owner of this mythic centerpiece :music 
    02571803-6D06-41D2-8A08-B20ED7B7456E.jpeg 08D0EA00-F712-4105-9024-020990FEED9F.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  2. LSSJPrime

LSSJPrime Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  3. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Especially so if you were to have purchased him at his normal OG OG price, that WJ pricing was just insane...what they gave/made for your dollar was awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yep, I actually hesitated to get him, since I didn't think I needed a SLIGHTLY better MPM Optimus, so I waited a few months, but I was still able to get my first one for something like $125 shipped. Also, I didn't even take it out of the box for like two weeks, cause I thought I might be reselling it! How incredibly wrong I was...

• Like Like x 2
  5. ghostyurei

ghostyurei Oops! My bad…

News Credits:
    I might have been one of the last ones to get him at normal price, and I taught myself how to navigate taobao to do it, but I based my entire MPM scale collection around BA Prime. I did plenty of research into my options and you guys were very helpful.
    I remember the Christmas when it arrived after his several week long overseas journey. I wasn’t 100% sure it would arrive at all. I also had lined up a head upgrade so I could put it on right away.
    I did end up getting a second upgrade head due to a wiring flaw. My second run BA prime is mostly my parts copy, and I had to pay a little more for it, but I’m glad to have it. For now he is the alt mode one. I do need to get around to doing the Thunderstang door mod though…
    B8E41D4B-C54E-458C-B63B-C837183ED3A2.jpeg 33D9107F-8696-4E48-A698-546E4611296C.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  6. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Same! I’ve already replaced a couple large chunks of my first copy with parts from my second. One of the rear fenders (that end up on the back) had been loose and tended to fall off since the very first time I transformed it. Now it’s solid as a rock.

I didn’t get an upgrade head for a while, but boy am I glad I did! The first one had to be removed to transform it, but thanks to @savio-prime thats not necessary anymore. I’m actually on my third upgrade head! Speaking of which, I’ll probably be selling the first two soon. They’re still great, although each has a small issue.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Pitor

Pitor Well-Known Member

Was there any other than WMW and Leafage? Maybe I missed something.

leafage-design-upgrade-head-for-wj-ba-commander-thunder-leader-1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. TDRformers

TDRformers Member

So what’s everyones thoughts on Leafage V2 and WMW? The seller I bough mine from came with WMW, but based on that pic above it looks like the Leafage seems more screen accurate? Can’t really tell.

9. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Each of those made several versions though. Also now there's a company called L8, and I think @VinhLee made his own head as well that you can buy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TDRformers

TDRformers Member

bumping just because i would love everyones opinion on this!

11. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ok. I got the WMW for BA and the Leafage for my official MPM. I personally like the WMW more.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ThePrimeCustoms

ThePrimeCustoms Plastic lover/painter

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I'd say WMW is generally more accurate and a little more detailed, I personally don't like how high up the mask is on the Leafage and how narrow it looks over all.

If you're looking for the most accurate overall maybe wait for one developed by "Benjamin" I'm pretty sure Capcom Kai and Dino Model Shop have posted WIP's of it and it looks great! It's the same one that's been made for the DLX Prime

13. Pitor

Pitor Well-Known Member

I got Leafage V2 because I like the neck area a lot more than WMW (but keep in mind it limits the articulation) and it looks better overall. It's personal preference. I would like someone to make one looking like Leafage but with a ball joint and WMW's eyes. What I would absolutely love though is a transformable head of the same size.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I feel like someone could figure this out, or maybe it's impossible without major torso mods, like mine has.

15. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Crazy story for me; I have always liked it but of course thought he would be available forever! So Showz had a price mistake where I ordered him for $60, but in reality it was $100+. I thought i could wait so I opted to buy KO OS Dino! :rolleyes: 

Fast forward, the supply started to dry up as BA's legal issues mounted. I found one in Asia and with crossed fingers, bought it and had it delivered to a relatives house. I really need to pick them up o_O 

A couple of months later the preorder opened and I preordered for $150. However, i found a never transformed, mint one for the same price and had it shipped by a private collector. Same guy sold me his Challenger, La Hire and Dragoon.

I unfortunately let my preorder lapse because i chose BS03 over him (another dummy mistake) because I thought WJ would be really back. :oops: :rolleyes: 

He is truly the pinnacle of my collection, no other figure holds the same feeling of heft, bling, quality and the LOVE that went to designing this figure! I will forever be a BlackApple fan.

PXL_20230117_040300005.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

I believe I got my original for 96 CAD off Ali and then a second one a few weeks later for 116 CAD. One of mine has been posed in a glass case not moved for a couple years now haha.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wylight

Wylight Well-Known Member

For anyone who's currently looking to purchase this figure, make sure it is the original release because the reissue is full of QC problems and not worth the high price it's currently going for.

18. Black Shuck

Black Shuck Well-Known Member

Where can i find a relatively cheap dotm kit for ba prime? I ordered the mc-003 ko 3a prime so i would like to have this as my dotm prime:rolleyes: .

19. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not necessarily. I have the reissue and have had no QC issues so far.

20. Wylight

Wylight Well-Known Member

Not necessarily but fairly likely as far as I'm aware so I wouldn't personally take a gamble for $300-$400.