Oversized KO MPM Optimus Prime - Heavily Modified

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Sep 22, 2018.

1. McGiggles IV

McGiggles IV Well-Known Member

AliExpress is pretty much a Chinese version of EBay though, so that would make sense as to why there are so many listings

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ken6996

Ken6996 Well-Known Member

How about taobao?

3. McGiggles IV

My knowledge of Taobao isn’t great, but I think there is still potential for untrustworthy sellers. For online marketplaces like EBay, AliExpress, etc, doing your research on the seller is key.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

I've placed 43 orders on AliExpress in the past year and have been scammed 0 times. As a matter of fact I've never been scammed on Ali. There is so few scammers because they do not receive payment until you confirm your order was received.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Alternatively, I've been on ebay for almost 20 years and I've only been scammed twice (for small amounts of money). In my experience if you read the listings carefully, don't get any of those preorders, and filter everything from china out of your searches then you'll be fine.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

China is where all the good deals are though! Lol

Edit: wait, all the good deals were*

• Like Like x 2
  7. ThoVwj

ThoVwj Well-Known Member

Ali Express is good; it’s a Chinese Amazon ran by a Chinese billionaire Jack Ma.
    I never used eBay. Just recently I used it to get AT-01 firage, (2nd purchase on eBay) was supposedly MISB, got a glued back together figure. Never again

• Like Like x 2
  8. ThePrimeCustoms

ThePrimeCustoms Cybertronian Gentleman

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I've also used eBay for 13 years now and I've had no issues whatsoever, just one time where a seller sent me a necklace instead of WeiJiang's Evasion Prime but they refunded me a couple days after he "shipped it" cuz he disappeared and refunded everyone who he sold something to, fun fact I only knew about eBay because of the first movie and I've used it ever since :p 

• Like Like x 2
  9. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, all the deals that are TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE ;) 
    That really sucks, but honestly, ebay is not a bad place to get stuff. Just be sure to ask questions to the seller if you're unsure of the quality. Plus ebay is tied to paypal so it's easy to get your money back if need be.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tarrn

Tarrn Bikeformer Fanboy

The thing I've found with AliExpress is that you do have to read the item descriptions carefully because the titles are frequently inaccurate clickbait, but the descriptions are generally accurate. For example, I've seen KOs of MPM-03 that might say they're Legendary Toys versions in the title (and thus implying a 1:1 KO like LT-01) but the description of the figure's height is taller than the originals 17cm and thus an OSKO.

11. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    I hope TFDF does a good high quality and strong BA Prime in their release.

Got it. Nice.. So there's hope yet to get a good quality version?

Nice.. I hope TFDF rumors are true and we get a good quality figure with reinforced foot pins and joints to make it tougher.

I have ordered 2 items from them. They seem legit, I will let you know my experience with them once my two items arrive.

Oh, I can definitely say yes to that! I have placed an order for the BMB LS03F the DOTM release, with abs, and the BFG, and knuckle dusters additions. I think for the price I paid on Aliexpress with shipping came to only 91.00 Shipped!! It's a nice alternative and can be a good place holder until TFDF get's the 2007 BA prime back out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yea, Aliexpress has preorder listings up with different suppliers. They are like Amazon...

I have to agree somewhat right now. My experience with the website seems pretty good. it does look like Amazon and the reporting on shipping is way better then anything I have ever gotten on ebay, or even Show.z. So we will see how my items arrive and in what condition.

I have to agree there. Aliexpress does seem pretty decent and similarly like Amazon in many respects. Their shipping and tracking are really good and keep me informed of when it has been delivered to the mail carrier. I am quite happy with the website experience. Let's see how they finish up tho.

I have to say, I was impressed with their website and buying experience. I have not received my good yet, but I will definitely post positive feedback when my BMB LS03F arrives if all goes well. Incidentally I got my TH01 DX9 Hot Rod KO from them, and it was a total of 58.00 shipped as well!! Great prices!

Actually, the prices at Aliexpress are rock bottom and shipping isn't too bad either, just watch out for some sellers who have 26.00 to 34.00 shipping costs.. double check before confirming purchase.

Yea, but I may never use ebay again if Aliexpress pulls through and I get my merch in good shape. I will keep ya'll posted. So far, looking good. got shipping notices, and tracking information that I can check on regularly. BMB LS03F has already left China, and is in transit. Once it hits USA I will be getting very excited to see it once delivered.

Go on over to the BMB LS03 DOTM thread, for those who want a filler until TFDF releases BA Prime next year.. He is a great figure and there's a fix that makes his abs sit better in the chest, and actually looks really good..
    BMB Dotm mpm optimus
    I think he's a great alternative to get while we wait on TFDF's BA prime release. Since he's DOTM.. I can justify keeping him when I get the BA prime later because he's so different and doesn't require parts forming to make him a DOTM figure. Plus the wash on the silver in gunmetal, and the extras he comes with are spot on. I actually am excited to get him. I only wish @Dino and @capcomkai would release a good head replacement for him like they did for BA/WJ prime. I would love to have one for the BMB LS03F!!! Would make the figure look awesome!! Plus the inaccurate back pack I can live with as I will just chalk it up to the upgrade Prime got in ROTF from Jetfire, and how he looks in DOTM. The Height works well, even if a bit too tall, but I can keep his hips positioned up to make him look shorter, and crouched a bit in an action pose on the shelf to give the illusion of him being about BA prime size, until I can get a BA Prime.

So bottom line for me, and those interested... I would say go get you a BMB LS03F version.. it will tide you over until the BA Prime rerelease, and it's a good price right now on Aliexpress!!!

SHIT!! THE ONE I ORDERED WAS A NO BOX! THEY JUST LISTED A BOXED VERSION FOR 60.00!! DAMNIT!!
    US $60.0 10% OFF|BMB LS 03F LS03F KM01S Transformation Movie MPM04 OP Commander ABS Abdominal Version Oversize Diecast Action Figure Robot Toys|Action & Toy Figures| - AliExpress
    Oh damn!! Shipping is 74.00 bucks!
    Check this listing out instead..
    This is where I bought mine..
    US $78.8 15% OFF|Transformation Masterpiece BMB LS03 LS03F Movie MPM04 MPM 04 Oversize Alloy Diecast OP Commander MPP10 Action Figure Model Toys|Action & Toy Figures| - AliExpress

• Like Like x 1
  12. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

I have 177 completed orders from Aliexpress to Turkey with 0 money lost (Thanks god). Once you are a diamond member, you also get really nice coupons and instant refunds if something went wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ThePrimeCustoms

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I was reading back the whole thread for nostalgia sake and I saw you pretty early on Skywarp, which makes me wonder, if you were following the release of the figure since the first couple of prototypes where shown and you showed a lot of interest for it why didn't you pre-ordered it back then? Not to be offensive or anything I'm just curious :D 

• Like Like x 2
  14. skywarp-2

Ebay:
    $$$$ At the time I was very interested, but I had just bought LT02, and was getting some other figures in place working my way towards an eventual purchase. But by the time of release, and subsequently after, I had little disposable income and was spending it on other financial responsibilities first. While waiting for the reviewers to get their hands on it, I ended up jumping on TE01 which by the time I got to it, was the Ver. 2 release, and that money was spent.. I had gotten the Megatron when MPM was released, in OSKO from BMB.. then just when I had the coin for BA Prime, WJ and BA get taken down. so now with that news and limited supply, I decided after watching reviews and looking at pics and so on to get BMB LS03F as a place holder. Which will tide me over. Maybe the new release coming in the future from TFDF will be even better then the BA/WJ release. Who knows.. but yea, part of me is kicking myself for getting some of the stuff I did and not getting it early on. But overall, with LS03F coming, it will tide me over until someone releases a better figure, or BA prime makes a return to market later.. here's hoping.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ThePrimeCustoms

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Oh I see, yeah responsibilities always come first, but hey I'm sure there will be a chance for you to get it in the future :)  and in the meantime I hope you enjoy that BMB Prime!

• Like Like x 1
  16. skywarp-2

Ebay:
    thanks! I think It's the BMB LS03F I ordered that's making this bearable for me..

• Like Like x 1
  17. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Very nice. Today I received replacement parts @ShowZStore managed to get and ship before the mess with WJ escalated. Installing these will surely be fun and I hope not to break the figure any further :lolol 
    IMG_20200814_134307.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  18. StudioSlash

StudioSlash Active Member

my friend in china found one new figurine for me, worth 900 yuan. I suppose I will buy it. I have to pay for shipping, about another 150 yuan. of course my pre-order was only 500 + shipping. do you think it is worth buying at this price?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  19. McGiggles IV

I personally think it is worth it.

20. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I wish I had reached out too because those are the exact pieces that broke on mine! :( 

• Like Like x 2