Oversized KO MPM Optimus Prime - Heavily Modified

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Could Mango Juice

Could Mango Juice Todos saúdam Megatron!

News Credits:
    Well whatever you do, rest assured it is well worth the wait. This figure is gorgeous and definitely one of the best figures you can own. And he is heavy and super solid. Like others have stated, he is sooooo much better in person. Pictures just don't do him justice. The details are amazing.Whatever your preferences are with his head and chest, this guy has such a presence and will look fantastic without mods.

Also, his joints are solid are very strong and his back is glorious. 11/10 would recommend!

• Like Like x 5
  2. ThePrimeCustoms

ThePrimeCustoms Cybertronian Gentleman

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    So I've heard and seen! I spent a good 30 mins or so drooling over pictures and videos of him the first time i saw the finished product lol. I've probably spent an unhealthy amount of time analyzing OT Prime's design over the years so I'm beyond excited to get him :D 

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ratzo99

Ratzo99 Well-Known Member

Is there any detailed instruction out there for putting the larger BMB head onto the black apple prime? I've taken both collar/neck/head assemblies off both figures, but the black apple head is all attached with pins. Is there a simpler way I'm missing, or am I going to have to remove pins?

EDIT: I got the black apple head off of it's collar section by prying with a butterknife. It's secured onto that collar plate with a flat-headed push pin. Can't unscrew it like you can on the BMB. Anyway, I've got the new head on, fits almost perfectly, just needed to trim a bit of excess plastic off the back of the BMB neck at the bottom. Looks very nice and proportional!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Could Mango Juice

News Credits:
    Nice!D it still transform without any issues??

5. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Looking at the images of this figure has made me re-preorder it (that plus LT-02? decided it didn't need parts of itself anymore). This is gonna be a long wait, but I'd rather wait with Showz than gamble with Ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  6. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Optimus is in my city already. Monday just can't come soon enough :buttrock 

• Like Like x 4
  7. AfroPrime131

AfroPrime131 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Together at last!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  8. JohnnyGundam

JohnnyGundam Active Member

Can you post some pics? Looking to get the head from someone but I want to know if it is worth it!

9. MP Collector

MP Collector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got this guy a few months ago from ShowZ, but I just now got around to transforming it. At the end of the day, I actually think he looks better in truck mode. That really surprised me, because I was following this thread fairly closely since its inception, with the expectation that this would be my display Bay Prime in bot mode. Ultimately, the chest panel proportions and functionality were a big enough turn off for me...that I ended up deciding to stick with the BMB offering for bot mode. Having the two of them is definitely the best of both worlds for me.

If you decide to take a stab at transforming the Black Apple offering...be forewarned. You'll want to set aside 45 minutes, and you may want to have a real thorough youtube transformation video ready to go. This one took me a while, but it was worth it. I am very impressed with all the little improvements BA packed into the alt mode. Definitely a huge step up from the stock Takara/Hasbro MPM.

• Like Like x 1
  10. svek

svek Well-Known Member

My Optimus has finally arrived. I'm biased because that was a very highly anticipated figure of mine and it's been long 5 months of waiting but I'll try to give you my initial thoughts on the figure.

- First of all, incredibly well painted. Colors are juicy and some occasional "battle damage" only adds extra depth to the figure
    - Very heavy, might be even heavier than BMP Op I previously owned that was supposed to be 1-2cm taller. Also very hefty, all joints are tight and solid, might even be too tight in places (elbow swivel causes shoulder pegs to pop off sometimes)
    - Finally, the cursed abdomen area doesn't bother me nearly as much as it did on the pictures and there are just SO MANY moveable pieces around that ABS and headlights that you can spend hours angling and adjusting them to your personal tastes (which I did). So yeah, I certainly don't feel the urge to cut anything from this beautiful boy.
    Wei Jiang and Black Apple have done an incredible thing with the MPM-04 mold and I'm eagerly anticipating their movie Ironhide :thumb 
    IMG_20191209_150750.jpg IMG_20191209_144032.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  11. Could Mango Juice

News Credits:
    Great review! I echo your thoughts %100; especially about the abs/chest area. Some earlier pictures had the "pecs" push up super high to accommodate for the desired angle of that abs, but after fiddling with him, I can reproduce (if I want) the same angle without having to push his chest up at all.

Have you tried transforming him yet?

• Like Like x 2
  12. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Not really, aside from tabbing things mistransformed in the package or putting the matrix in. I don't feel like messing with him for 2hrs more since I also have dx9 La Hire to play with today. But again, I had some expertise with BMB LS-03 or other monstrosities like LS-09 so it can't be that hard now, right? Right?

13. Could Mango Juice

News Credits:
    I hear ya. I haven't ventured that far either. Probably won't for a little while and just enjoy his bot mode. I'm hoping transformation will be similar to LS-03 as well, but do worry a little bit due to how tight some things are on him. Just turning the little head lights on him was an effort.

Have fun with La Hire! It's an excellent figure :) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. THEdeathsHEAD

THEdeathsHEAD Lockdown's #1 Fan

Here's Emgo's transformation video if anyone needs help. It starts in robot mode.

He also explains how everything tabs together in his full review with a truck-to-robot conversion.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  15. ThePrimeCustoms

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I ended up going with ShowZ after looking more into the shipping options of the eBay sellers I was eyeing. Most would use a private company that would use a pretty much untrackable tracking number once it got into my country. Hopefully ShowZ gets the next batch sooner than March 2020 :D 

Now i wonder if i should get WJ's MPM Megatron in the meantime :lolol 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Could Mango Juice

News Credits:
    Hope the time goes by quickly! Their Megatron looks great with him from what I have seen in pictures.

17. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    I noticed SZS raised his price to $114 and is now listed as a pre-order again.

Mine has been stuck in Beijing for 13 days. Hopefully a change in status update will happen tomorrow.

I just ordered the WJ/AM OS MPM Megatron today through SZS.

• Like Like x 2
  18. JohnnyGundam

I highly reccomend it! I have the WJ/model wizard megs and it is incredible! Scales perfectly. The argument could be made that the aoyi mech or however you spell it, is closer to the 1/30th scale, but honestly, megs was huge in the movie, but he wasn't like 4 heads taller than prime, this looks perfect according to the scale charts and how much bigger he looked in the movie too me! 20191210_021234.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  19. ThePrimeCustoms

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I know :D , they look so perfect together! Might get it after the holidays so it isn't stuck in customs that long.

Oh btw, any progress on getting the windows closer together?

20. JohnnyGundam

Nah not yet, waiting to grab a black mamba head off someone and put it on my figure before I change him anymore