Oversized KO AOE Evasion Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Mar 27, 2015.

1. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was going to say this.

I know the DOTM version is generally loved, but I thought that over all ROTF version had more fan love than the version from the original movie. Just an impression though, I certainly could be wrong.

I'd definitely take the tank and probably the truck as well.

I'd also love it if they'd engineer an improved Galvatron where the truck folded into his back a bit better. I'm quite fond of that Galvatron and he really is just about the only AOE character who hasn't been upsized by the KOs. But I have no doubt a DOTM Megs given this treatment would be the better toy.

2. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Download it to your computer. Then open it, rotate it and save it that way. It should help.

I've given up and just shoot everything I might post here Landscape/widescreen style. It's frustrating, but it's the easiest thing. Most platforms seem to turn the iphone pictures fine, but not on the boards.

3. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Ehh, ko OS dotm megatron on sirtoys would like to have a word with you...

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus A Prime a day keeps the doctor away

News Credits:
    The plastic is kinda brittle on the OS DOTM Megs, plus it has pretty f*cked sound effects (Go Rangers!)... :p 

5. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isn't that one OS times two? About the only way he scales to anything other than the rest of the OS giants is alt mode might scale to LC Prime in alt mode if I'm not mistaken.

6. soundwave1987

soundwave1987 Well-Known Member

dont worry, their next release will be new throttlebots

7. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Heh, well kind of. You pimped your Voyager version.

8. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Man I hope you're right. Or do you know something?

9. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I have been playing with the voyager version of this guy. That mold is one of the best Voyager molds I believe. If it had better paint apps it would be off the charts. Still a great figure and I am even more excited now that I am playing with the voyager version.

10. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land"

News Credits:
    This, it's like 1 2/3 feet tall!!!! A DOTM Megs given this treatment at this size would be perfect and would (if the same height as this Optimus), scale perfectly with leader prime ironically enough.

11. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Don't know how many times i passed over that figure because i stopped buying movieverse toys and chugs but even looking at it in the package i could tell it was awesome. Now cw and tw got me heavy into chugs again and Wei Jiang got me into transforming statues :lol  Why spend a G on those non transforming when these are available is beyond me?

12. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Welp, smartlulup2010 quoted me as March now for a possible ship date rather than the Feb 20th-ish date, due to Chinese New Year and everyone coming back into work now.

13. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    To be fair, that's not exactly the "original" voyager. :D 

14. soundwave1987

soundwave1987 Well-Known Member

I followed Weijiang's official account on WeChat, this is the last news they published before CNY holiday

15. Alucard77

News Credits:
    You can wait, but I got mine shipped for $110. Not sure if the savings is worth the wait.

16. Goldbolt

Goldbolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just received this guy after spending a month in transit and he's just gorgeous. I'll have to wait till I get home from work to really fiddle with him but he came in the package which is itself very high quality. On my desk he looks more like those prohibitively pricey statues of movie Prime than a transforming toy.

I also really appreciate the places where they took the next logical steps enhancing the robot mode. Moving the two rear wheels up to his hips matches the movie model better as does the option of parts forming the gas tanks onto his back (or using them as a gun). I also like the addition of the flame decoed panels to his shoulders, they look like proper armor plates like a samurai would wear. He comes with the DotM axe and shield, they feel appropriate pre-scanning his AoE truck form.

One thing I don't recall mention of anywhere (haven't read the whole thread of course) is that they included a catalog of "Weijiang Deformation Era, High Quality Metal Deformation Robot" with pictures of their similar items. M01 and MPP10 are in there first then "Mechanical Form Ultimate Coalescence: Fire Warrior" (what a great name) which is a red combiner. What appear to be voyager-ish upscales of the current RID warrior Bee, Prime, Strongarm, Grimlock and Drift. An AoE section with what again looks like upscales of Bee, most dinobots, Hound as well as first edition prime? Then the 3 throttlebots. I had no idea they'd made any of these outside MPP10 and Hound which I both also own. Might need to try to track down more of them.

17. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to see a complete resign from the ground up. Was Megs ever shown in the movie pulling a trailer? I'd like to see him as only the truck if that's the case. At least then he could scale reasonably well in both modes to evasion Prime.

18. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:

19. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Anyone know what Status "Posting" is? That is the status of my shipment since Monday.

20. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I think it means that they shipped it. If im right that means that it'll appear in a week at the sorting station in Queens