Oversized KO AOE Evasion Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Mar 27, 2015.

1. TransFan84

TransFan84 Well-Known Member

Bahahahaha. I'm still waiting for mine. I placed the order on Feb. 5th. Tracking shows that it left Shanghai on Feb. 14th, went to San Francisco and then somehow ended up going back to Shanghai where a delivery attempt was made on the 18th. Right.

Now I have a new tracking number and it's been sent out. Again. Yeehaw. :lol 

2. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No kidding. The stand, the gun and the matrix/allspark is about the same price as a 10" 3rd party figure. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger for all that, but I keep thinking this is a once in a lifetime kind of thing. It would make an awesome centerpiece for a display, so I might just go ahead and do it and skip some other figure to pay for it.

3. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Don't forget the trailer. I was hoping you could use the UFO Annual Trailer with this but the connections don't work with this mold. Decisions. Decisions.....But yeah, probably will cave in on the 4Ever accessories and delay another purchase like you.

4. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

Really?? didn't know about that!! Cool, thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna look into picking on up :) 

Thanks man!! :thumbs2: 

5. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can get it at SirToys now and if you look back in the KO thread then I'm sure you can find the video

Optimus Prime AoE KBBAD31L - TF-Movie - SirToys.com

6. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I got my tracking number today, so that is exciting. Even though it is not doing anything yet. I think it only works once in the US. But I am not sure. I think there is some Chinese site you can check to see what is going on over seas. Anyone know that site?

As for the trailer. As blasphemous as it is to say, I think it is too overpriced. Especially when compared to the OS Prime. I mean OS prime costs $65 in China and the Trailer costs $50. OS Prime has a lot of parts, while the trailers is no where close to the number of parts.

I do like the trailer, but I really wish they did the UFO trailer in this size class. I would have have jumped on that in a heart beat. I still hope we see the UFO trailer in this size class.

I have wanted that trailer forever.

7. MP Collector

MP Collector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have two of the trailers, two of the OS Evasion Primes, and one of the MPP10...so I have invested a lot in this company and have given a lot of thought to the prices we are being charged for each, especially as I have paid very different prices for each one. For example, my first OS Evasion Prime was $95 shipped...the second one was $125 shipped. Anyway...

At the end of the day, I agree with Alucard that the trailer is a little overpriced. It is huge and heavy, so the shipping doesn't do us any favors, but even with that...it is still a little on the high side. If I had to take a guess, I think it is because they know they are going to sell so many more of the MPP10 and the OS Evasion Prime molds...so they have more opportunity to make money on them. A lot of people are staying away from the trailers, so maybe they need to charge more to make producing the trailer a worthwhile enterprise? Again, I am just speculating.

Either way, the trailer really is a well made marvel. I don't regret dropping $85 shipped on one...but I can see where others would feel differently.

8. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I wouldn't question $85 if it was the UFO trailer. I would get it, especially if they did all the add ons. I would rush out to get it.

9. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry XTB, Boost and Hatch will have to wait. I just pulled the trigger on some accessories. :)  And now I feel obligated to mock a Visa commercial.

KO Prime - $95
    Trailer - $90
    Stand - $55
    Gun - $55
    Autobot logos for trailer - $20

Badass display - PRICELESS!

10. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Was so close to clicking buy, but changed mind last second. Anyone with this and aps/buster prime, who beats who?

11. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    This is the last movie prime you will ever need period! Thats how i feel. No its not because of that fantastic g1 style truck mode either. Its just a great figure. Transformation is easy and the quality is fantastic.

12. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a really tough choice.

They both have similar levels of quality and finish. Buster Prime has, in my opinion, a better truck mode, and a better looking upper body. The KO has significantly better legs, and the overall proportions look much more screen-accurate and heroic. He also can pose a lot better due to the superior legs.

13. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I do like the sounds of superior posing, as pose-ability is right up there for me. Hmmmm.

14. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The truck on the AoE looks freaking awesome. Except the front of the truck which is only due to the windows being separate pieces. To me bot mode is damn near perfect to the movie. This figure is making me wish i never sold masterpiece movie starscream :cry 

15. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I caved and bought the 4Ever Matrix/key with the gun for $60 shipped.

Passed on the trailer. As others noted, its a bit pricey for what you get and doesn't do what I wanted most and that is to showcase his arsenal, which the UFO does much better and is movie accurate.

16. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only downside to this guy I can see is the size. Even the size is both a plus and a minus.

The plus is that he's a perfect scale for the HA and leader ironhide.

The minus is he towers over other figures like starscream and sentinel you might not want him to tower over.

But he's fantastic. It'll be at least a good 3-4 months out before I have any idea which I like better. I just wish he was smaller. I was okay with ironhide and the HA being a little taller than they ought to be.

17. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

Every time I look at this thing in bot mode on the shelf, it looks like one of those figures that can't transform....but it does!...That's part of the beauty of it for me

18. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot Let’s Nuke Hurricanes!!! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As I wait for this toy I realize what I REALLY want..... kO OS Generations Springer! Please Baby Jesus!

19. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Personally, I still want a Megatron in my Movie collection. How a lot of figures got a great Movie treatment besides Megatron is besides me.

I mean Sentinel Prime is my main bad guy leader for the time.

20. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Thats what im saying.