Overlord

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Scrapmaker, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker For the Honor

So anyone here a fan of Overlord?

I ask because I'm curious to know what you think of this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZheVXS6rkRQ

There's been a bit of backlash in response to Fellowship of Evil...I mean, just look at that dislike bar! Now I know that probably doesn't mean anything overall, but still, it's disappointing to see so much negativity in comments and such. Especially since it doesn't even look bad.

2. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    I played the heck out of the first one. Loved that game.

Can't imagine why this one would be getting any hate.

3. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because that is not Overlord. Overlord was a good, fun game that could have been made better. This however, seems very generic and strays far from what the game was.

4. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker For the Honor

People seem to be angry about it being a top-down co-op spinoff instead of being Overlord 3 and are further angry that there aren't plans for Overlord 3 right now. That basically seems to be the gist of it.

But getting away from that, I was considering giving Overlord a try myself, maybe buy the franchise on Steam. Kind of regretting not taking that offer back when it was on sale a while back.

EDIT: Yeah, most of my interest in Overlord came from the story. I didn't play it myself, but my brother did. I always thought of playing it but never actually gave it a try. I suppose now would be as good a time as any.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I never had heard of the game before.

6. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    What the shit taco was THAT!?!?!?

No Overlord
    NO MINIONS!!!
    That is NOT Overlord. That is basically generic dungeon crawler puzzle game. Never had the opportunity to play the first game(or that other version of the first), but I did play the second and loved it to death. Although I have to admit I did a lot of dumb things and I ended up losing a ton of minions.

Okay new Overlords I could get that because let's face it lineage of the first Overlord was bound to end somewhere, but no minions. That just removes one of the biggest and most unique features the game had going for it. I thought the one that came out on the Wii was odd enough since they changed the background of the Overlord, but yeah this one I'm not even going to bother with.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I actually had a lot of fun with Overlord: Dark Legends on the Wii. The interface was well designed, the story flowed well with the twists on all the classic stories. It's actually my favorite of the series.

Overlord 1 I thought was Okay, a clever premise more so then a great game. Overlord 2 I thought was pretty terrible due to the gameplay.

This doesn't really look like Overlord; it looks like a high quality phone puzzle battle game. Heck, Minions or whatever the DS game seems like it was closer.

8. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    I adore Overlord...played the crap out of the first 2 as well as the puzzle game on the DS. The stories and minions totally makes the game. I heard about this and got really excited, especially with multiple overlords (I always play single player, but choosing is a nice touch). Then I saw the game play vid and lost all my excitement. It's just a dungeon crawler now, it has lost all of the things I enjoyed about the first 2 games...

9. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker For the Honor

10. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    Great addition to the thread.

I remember playing the first Overlord and it was fun. If I was a big fan of the series I would be angry too because it really does look generic as mentioned earlier in the thread.

11. Supertron

Supertron TV Troper

I loved the first two games, but this...It doesn't really look like its 'for me....'